• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

Yslamiri = Jarjar/midichlorian tiers of cheese.

Thrawn is...overrated. The idea of him is generally interesting but then you remember that he comes packaged with shit like C'Baoth, outbound flight, etc...

As much as people are going to argue with me...a revised form of the New Jedi Order would work very well...

Remove the Zonama Sekot bullshit, throw in Vergere as a darker, more mysterious version of Yoda, boom, done...

Hey guys I've figured out the answer to how Obi-Wan can be in the movie as a force ghost and look like his younger self (if the rumours are true):

Obi-Wan never aged in the first place and always looked young in the OT. Hear me out. Disney can release a Second Special Edition, and can remove Alec Guiness and digitally insert Ewan McGregor into all of his scenes. Then they can explain this because he did some clone thing on his midiclorians or something which kept him young or something. Then it all make sense.

It's probably what Lucas intended all along.

Or the alternative is that Disney can edit the originals so that right as Vader strikes him down, he flicks a small vial of his blood to Luke. And then no one can ever mention it but then in Episode 7 Luke can be like "oh wait, Obi-Wan gave me his blood, let's clone him!" and then he will be cloned as the younger version.

Also probably what Lucas intended all along.

Yslamiri = Jarjar/midichlorian tiers of cheese.

Thrawn is...overrated. The idea of him is generally interesting but then you remember that he comes packaged with shit like C'Baoth, outbound flight, etc...

As much as people are going to argue with me...a revised form of the New Jedi Order would work very well...

Remove the Zonama Sekot bullshit, throw in Vergere as a darker, more mysterious version of Yoda, boom, done...

outbound flight is awesome conceptually

agreed on zonama sekot. weakest link in the NJO chain

Robbler

Banned
Hey guys I've figured out the answer to how Obi-Wan can be in the movie as a force ghost and look like his younger self (if the rumours are true):

Obi-Wan never aged in the first place and always looked young in the OT. Hear me out. Disney can release a Second Special Edition, and can remove Alec Guiness and digitally insert Ewan McGregor into all of his scenes. Then they can explain this because he did some clone thing on his midiclorians or something which kept him young or something. Then it all make sense.

It's probably what Lucas intended all along.

Or the alternative is that Disney can edit the originals so that right as Vader strikes him down, he flicks a small vial of his blood to Luke. And then no one can ever mention it but then in Episode 7 Luke can be like "oh wait, Obi-Wan gave me his blood, let's clone him!" and then he will be cloned as the younger version.

Also probably what Lucas intended all along.

Why wouldn't they just make Ewan look older with makeup?

Slime

Banned
Man, I can't help but feel impatient. I know we're probably getting some news shortly, but I was hoping we'd get some sooner. The Comic-Con/Celebration/D23 string of disappointment really took its toll on me, haha.

I hope we get something before the end of the year. I thought I was slightly "over" Star Wars after this was announced, but my heart has been skipping a beat every time this thread gets bumped. Guess I'm not as over it as I thought.

antonz

Thy could stick with Alec Guinness as the Ghost and just have Ewan provide the voice but im guessing Disney rather have Ewan involved fully if they are at all.. I mean Lucas made a big todo about how he had every digitally stored so such a thing could be done.

Was going to be done with Tarkin but Peter Cushing had wardrobe issues during ANH and worse fluffy slippers etcs which would have been out of place in Episode 3 obviously

120v

i'd imagine he'd be way too old to compose the last one or two of the trilogy. but here's hoping

as for peter cushing. i remember in the ep. 3 commentary lucas said the reason they didn't recreate him was because they were lazy and figured it'd be easier to put cheekbone prosthetics on a similar looking guy.

monome

LR...why tease with this major casting news...and not reveal it while you spill the beans on PalpaGhost which could be considered a major plot point...

Thy could stick with Alec Guinness as the Ghost and just have Ewan provide the voice but im guessing Disney rather have Ewan involved fully if they are at all.. I mean Lucas made a big todo about how he had every digitally stored so such a thing could be done.

force-choke-o.gif

Added to that rumor (appears to be sourced to a kid calling himself Talkbacker) is a report that a 1:1 cross-section of the Falcon is being built, and that THE cantina is also being constructed.

antonz

I don't quite understand this.

Instead of the actor with Prosthesis they originally planned to insert Peter Cushing himself into the end of Episode III but since he had the wardrobe issue in Episode 4 there was incomplete footage of only the waist up basically. Why they couldn't give him artificial legs or shoot the shot in such a way it wouldn't be an issue considering his role is so limited in the scene who knows but they ended up going the prosthesis route in the end.

http://www.slashfilm.com/whats-the-first-rumored-title-for-star-wars-episode-vii/

So supposedly the rumored title for the new Star Wars will be...

Star Wars Episode VII: A New Dawn.

Echos of A New Hope anyone?

Not bad, but it doesn't flow as well as A New Hope.. I don't mind a nostalgic title like that, but I think there are better names out there.

Added to that rumor (appears to be sourced to a kid calling himself Talkbacker) is a report that a 1:1 cross-section of the Falcon is being built, and that THE cantina is also being constructed.

That would be really cool to see again, so it better happen.

jtb

Banned
I don't like it, but really only two of the movies actually have good titles (Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi) so I won't lose too much sleep over this.

Robbler

Banned
http://www.slashfilm.com/whats-the-first-rumored-title-for-star-wars-episode-vii/

So supposedly the rumored title for the new Star Wars will be...

Star Wars Episode VII: A New Dawn.

Echos of A New Hope anyone?

False. That rumor is almost a year old and was posted here originally:
http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2012/11/exclusive-more-secret-details-revealed.html#.Uiy-RGQabD8

Why would it be too early? We've seen photos of the script already.

there isn't a reliable timetable for titling. It's weird to say there CAN'T be a title for the movie yet.

It's too early for a title because that title came out last NOVEMBER on a BS rumor site.

It's too early for a title because that title came out last NOVEMBER on a BS rumor site.

I don't know if the first half of the sentence is proven by the second half. Although thanks for doing the necessary digging, sir. :)

Still though - saying that the movie CAN'T be titled by now still seems weird to me. Sure it can.

John Gaeta (Bullet Time (The Matrix), Virtual Cinematography (The Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions), Photo Anime (Speed Racer)) has been hired by Lucasfilm/ILM. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-gaeta/4/2a6/b89

If that means he is going to work on SW7.. oh yesssss!!

He's actually working on the first non-episode SW film, chronicling the events of the Tatooine pod racing scene following Anakin's victory in Episode 1.

Robbler

Banned
I don't know if the first half of the sentence is proven by the second half. Although thanks for doing the necessary digging, sir. :)

Still though - saying that the movie CAN'T be titled by now still seems weird to me. Sure it can.

It can be, but it's not "A New Dawn". That site posted the title two days after Disney bought Lucasfilm. The screenwriter wasn't even hired yet. It's fake.

They still have that Tron tech lying around.

Fu8qs7K.jpg

Why do people refer to it as the sequel trilogy? Didn't Disney say that they plan on perpetually making star wars movies? I don't think they'd just stop making episodes.

Why do people refer to it as the sequel trilogy? Didn't Disney say that they plan on perpetually making star wars movies? I don't think they'd just stop making episodes.

Its been announced as a new trilogy I believe. Apparently the other movies will be non numbered and more standalone character driven films.

Guys, I think it's time we refer to Betteridge's Law when it comes to Star Wars news.
Guys, I think it's time we refer to Betteridge's Law when it comes to Star Wars news.

^ These guys make a good point.

Try reposting that while doing a headstand and wearing flippers & a lampshade. Maybe some funny boxers.

It's not like you suffer for attention here or anything :)

temp

posting on contract only
I don't like it, but really only two of the movies actually have good titles (Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi) so I won't lose too much sleep over this.

Well Star Wars had a good title back before it had a subtitle.

Branduil

A New Dawn doesn't seem to make sense as a title. It sounds hopeful, but presumably the new trilogy will be about a new evil rising. So beyond it just being a BS rumor, it doesn't seem very plausible.

Top Bottom