• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

temp

posting on contract only
So, if that bears out, that calls into question the giant load of casting news from way back when I was first being cryptic about something coming, which included Cumberbatch, McDiarmid, Ben Kingsley, etc..

Harrison Ford AND Sir Ben Kingsley? Could this be the Ender's game spiritual sequel I will have been waiting for??

Why do the Brits always have to be bad guys in Star Wars? :(

Cumberbatch should be Luke's most successful Jedi pupil who kind of reminds him of Obi-Wan.

inm8num2

It's funny how a couple days ago there was news about Ford denying being in SW, and people figured he was just being coy. Having just watched the Norton clip, it's hilarious how coy he's being (as if there were real doubts about him not being in the movie).

Star Wars Episode 7: The New Generation. Seems everyone's sons is up in this bitch. Can't wait for Chewie Jr.

We already saw Chewie's family in the Star Wars Holiday Special.

holiday.png

temp

posting on contract only
You just slammed William Safire's rule about never using the future perfect in his stupid face.

Hey, when you're a guy I've never heard of with a rule I was tangentially familiar with, you fool me—can't get fooled again.

Rumor gives itself wiggle room by not actually naming a date, just saying "sooner rather than later."

Neat trick.

Some people are thinking it's gonna be a thing attached to THOR or whatever. I dunno. We're gonna know something in the next three months, because it starts shooting then.

Well, they're gonna start shooting in January, so even if they don't release a PR statement before then - we're gonna know something because there's no way photos of the cast all bundled up in blankets & jackets on their way to the set don't start leaking.

There's a theory from Star Wars nerds fans who are desperate for information about the new movie that there will be a teaser trailer a couple weeks from now. On October 9th, the official Star Wars twitter (https://twitter.com/starwars) posted the original Star Wars teaser trailer. Today, one week later, they posted the Empire Strikes Back trailer. Presumably, they'll post the Return of the Jedi trailer on the 23rd. One week after that is the 30th, exactly one year after the announcement of Episode VII. Are they building up to the release of a teaser? My gut says maybe.

inm8num2

There's a theory from Star Wars nerds fans who are desperate for information about the new movie that there will be a teaser trailer a couple weeks from now. On October 9th, the official Star Wars twitter (https://twitter.com/starwars) posted the original Star Wars teaser trailer. Today, one week later, they posted the Empire Strikes Back trailer. Presumably, they'll post the Return of the Jedi trailer on the 23rd. One week after that is the 30th, exactly one year after the announcement of Episode VII. Are they building up to the release of a teaser? My gut says maybe.

Seems like a very solid announcement plan.

Very possible.

Blader

There was a rumor a few days that casting news and maybe a title announcement would hit within a day or two. That obviously didn't happen, but considering how close we are to the beginning of shooting, I imagine getting concrete news in the next few weeks has to happen

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

More likely an announcement of an announcement on the 30th.

Oh shit, that's dangerously realistic-sounding rollout plan. If this doesn't actually happen, I shall curse your name Colon...

Yeah, Grando Carlissian (that's exactly how it was spelled) He had some sort of weird superpower, or an Upside-Down lightsaber or some shit.

Someone posted that shit in an AICN Talkback once and I believe it briefly became a story.

edit: Lando hasn't been confirmed (technically, no one has) but if the Cumberbatch/Kingsley rumor from a month or so ago actually DOES pan out, his name was included in that pile, along with McDiarmid.

Anth0ny

shiiiiiiiit

I can see this happening.

Harrison has developed such a strange personality when he got older. I dunno if he would even be a good fit in Episode 7. What's he gonna do make a couple of lame sarcastic remarks and mumble a bit like he did in Indy 4?

I'd much rather see Hamil and Fisher since they have the same attitude and mannerisms they did when the OT came out.

Top Bottom