• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

Whether or not you think it is a good idea for JJ to listen to Lucas, it's funny how much some folks thought this would not be the case.

No it's not. Again, Abrams/Kennedy/Lucas have all said at some point that there was no contact. It's not "Funny" to take that at face value, really. That's not a foolish conceit, I don't think.

What's "funny" is it sort of implies that the only reason all three parties would agree to HIDE that fact (if that's in fact what's going on) is due to the idea they all, on some level, recognize that publicly acknowledging Lucas has anything to do with this beyond his selling the property is a bad idea.

It's not much of a story. Lucas' kid tells us shit we already know, says he's talked to Abrams.

(shrug) it's not like he's writing shit. Or directing shit. Or producing shit. Abrams probably talks to a fuckin TON of people about this that we don't know about.

People are acting like the mere prospect of talking to Lucas is some Wormtongue/Theoden shit. :)

If not funny, at the very least amusing.

Artists say all sorts of things.

We shouldn't believe it all.

Remember when Lucas said there would be no more Star Wars?

Or you know, things change. JJ doing his own thing, decides to have a few discussions with Lucas, internet goes stupid. Conclusions jumped too.

They could be talking about a million things and to what extent, no one on here is going to know.

No, he's got the title of "Creative Consultant" and that's it. Until Jett here gave an interview, Lucas/Abrams/Kennedy had all said in one way or another that there'd been no contact with Lucas once the sale was done.

EZnqhsK.jpg

That's a nice picture! :)

Doesn't change that they'd all at one point said they hadn't talked to each other.

Now it appears they have!

Look at that shit!

edit: Seriously, look at it. That's a beardless Lucas!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Who else would audition for the part she read for? Victoria Justice? Britt Robertson? Amber Heard? Dakota Fanning?

Rachel Hurd-Wood and Ksenia Solo are two other names I've seen thrown about, not that I recognised either of them.

charsace

Rachel Hurd-Wood and Ksenia Solo are two other names I've seen thrown about, not that I recognised either of them.

Solo I know of. She does teen focused shows. Though she currently stars in the more adult urban paranormal show lost girl. Star wars would be a huge step up from guest starring in teen shows and doing canadian tv.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Solo I know of. She does teen focused shows. Though she currently stars in the more adult urban paranormal show lost girl. Star wars would be a huge step up from guest starring in teen shows and doing canadian tv.

Ronan and presumably the better-known among the "everybody" she mentioned expressing interest puts those hoping for their big break at a significant disadvantage. Come to think of it, Episode VII would be Ronan's own big break of sorts considering the last film of hers to garner significant attention upon release was 2007's Atonement, though Hanna had a relatively decent haul, too (~$65m on a budget of, considering Wright said he found it difficult to "shoot an action film on a drama budget" or something to such effect, $20~30m.).

DjRoomba

Banned
In other star wars news its just been unofficially confirmed that Disney is building the Millenium falcon and the Ewok village in Disneyland. Someone should make a thread about that

In other star wars news its just been unofficially confirmed that Disney is building the Millenium falcon and the Ewok village in Disneyland. Someone should make a thread about that

Why? What's to discuss there other than "cool." or "lame they're milking it."

You don't even have a link to the "unofficial confirmation." :)

If the scene is as described, it appears to fit my predictions.

Considering your predictions have basically been "there will be a Star Wars movie that involves all the regular Star Wars stuff," I wouldn't be too proud. You keep saying you've predicted all these things, or things fit your predictions, but somehow you're always very vague. You also fail to mention that everyone else is predicting the same things.

Whatever you say.

Especially the bit about everyone saying what I'm saying. That's rich. Just look at the thread to see the resistance to my take.

Feel free to compete.

EDIT: You do realize that the majority of my predictions are from when everyone "knew" there would be no more SW?

So, if that bears out, that calls into question the giant load of casting news from way back when I was first being cryptic about something coming, which included Cumberbatch, McDiarmid, Ben Kingsley, etc..

cumberbatch is awesome. but damn...talk about typecasting. he's our go to british villain for the decade.

dude's taken the mantle from mark strong.

Top Bottom