• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode VIII Production Thread (Principal Photography Complete)

-griffy-

Banned
Mark Hamill:
Happy Birthday Oscar! I'd say you're my son's age, but fear being accused of accidentally leaking "spoilers" #EPVIII

Also, happy b-day Poe:
vanity-fair-star-wars-03.jpg

GhaleonEB

I'm sure people are going to try and figure out what set that is, but I'm just enjoying these small peeks behind the curtain.

I also am surprised they're 4 weeks into filming. Time really is zipping by.

-griffy-

Banned
I'm sure people are going to try and figure out what set that is, but I'm just enjoying these small peeks behind the curtain.

I already did! Looks like the Millenium Falcon cockpit (which is probably why he was okay to post it)
d386d0bd8948dd41263eaf833322040b.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yep Johnson is going full retro with this thing when it comes to the art direction. Like damn.

Probably making the film he had in his head from a young age

Thats what id do :3

Yeah, be careful, apparently some of this stuff is toward the end of the film. Could be massive spoilers coming if we keep getting shots like these.

whaaat

oh god I'm fucking out. What about a non spoiler speculation/discussion thread? But shouldn't that be this thread? Maybe not post potential spoilers?

-griffy-

Banned
This is the Production Thread, so its spoilerish.

Super spoilery stuff should stay in the existing spoiler production thread though. I feel like people should theoretically be able to feel safe posting in here without fear of seeing spy pics of main characters on location or anything revealing major plot points that isn't from officially released material like official marketing or approved social media from stars/filmmakers.

Super spoilery stuff should stay in the existing spoiler production thread though. I feel like people should theoretically be able to feel safe posting in here without fear of seeing spy pics of main characters on location or anything revealing major plot points that isn't from officially released material like official marketing or approved social media from stars/filmmakers.

Agree with this. Shit like costumes and sets are fine as long as there's no obvious spoilery context to it. Like for example someone could post innocent shots from a set and then someone could turn around and post a shot from a set where you clearly see Luke Skywalker laying in a pool of blood. "Well everyone else was posting set pics..."

Agree with this. Shit like costumes and sets are fine as long as there's no obvious spoilery context to it. Like for example someone could post innocent shots from a set and then someone could turn around and post a shot from a set where you clearly see Luke Skywalker laying in a pool of blood. "Well everyone else was posting set pics..."

deadpool-shocked.jpg

Yeah, with TFA it was a little different as there was a thread clearly labelled SPOILERS while all the officially released info was discussed in the Star Wars OT or new threads were made.

Obviously this thread wasn't made to spoil the film for people but even in Marvel production threads I've seen people posting heavy spoilers for Civil War.

Surfinn

Could be a minefield soon, and for sure; we saw a LOT of those types of posts in the non-spoiler VII thread.

I think there should be clearly defined rules and expectations in the OP and a direct link to where bombshell spoilers are posted and discussed. All it takes is for someone to post the big spoiler quickly without thinking and we're all fucked.

It's time.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yeah, be careful, apparently some of this stuff is toward the end of the film. Could be massive spoilers coming if we keep getting shots like these.

Yeah, I think I'm outta here now.
I hope

It's official instagrams and twitter accounts for me from now on

Later
tumblr_nnyja0cB2t1s2wio8o1_500.gif

GhaleonEB

Going forward, please direct link, rather than embed, pictures of leaks (set photos, etc.), and include a note in your post about what the link is about, so folks can decide whether to view it. This is supposed to be the non-spoiler production discussion thread, so let's be cautious here. I'd rather set the precedent now than when potentially real spoilers from filming start to come out.

Stuff direct from Lucasfilm / Johnson is fine since those are not leaks and so not likely to be spoilers.

Whoa, interesting look - it's incredibly retro, and very OT.. yet it feels like there are hints of larger universe and style the prequels hinted at.

I'm liking it.

Thanks for the warning. Out of curiosity, how is this known/where is it being reported?

Me too, its so much fun to just take then for what they are.

Blade Runner vibe.From pics I have seen so far.

Yeah, with TFA it was a little different as there was a thread clearly labelled SPOILERS while all the officially released info was discussed in the Star Wars OT or new threads were made.

Right. This is why I'm calling for more specifically designated threads. There needs to be order before shit gets out of control.

GhaleonEB

Right. This is why I'm calling for more specifically designated threads. There needs to be order before shit gets out of control.

Hux, is that you?

TFA-9SPOT-1.gif

Making Star Wars have got a video of someone being force pushed in Dubrovnik. Either that or they just slipped on a banana.

Their Croatian source also hints that a certain someone might be making an appearance in the 'Exotic City' scenes though the interior scenes will likely be shot at Pinewood. There's also a few theories about where the 'Exotic City' might be which sound pretty interesting.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

-griffy-

Banned
Was just watching some Looper scenes on YouTube and reflecting on the fact that the guy who directed this scene (and shot it practically no less) is now directing a movie with Force users:

cRyYhPb.gif

D7Y0CmS.gif

bykOpsq.gif

bD0sK36.gif

Top Bottom