• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode VIII Production Thread (Principal Photography Complete)

I have the book and the art is so damn great. that's the kind of stuff I wish they used as blu ray covers.

I have the art book but I don't think some of these are in it... then again it's a huge book so maybe I overlooked it. Some, if not most certainly are though.

And yeah, covers are almost always in "son i am disappoint" territory.

jelly

xy0epe6c8yekbch1zypg.jpg

Solo with a beard. Looks cool.

Loxley

xy0epe6c8yekbch1zypg.jpg

Solo with a beard. Looks cool.

I remember seeing this is the TFA artbook - they said they're initial inspiration for Han's costume was Jeff Bridges in True Grit...which I thought looked fucking cool as hell. I'm still kinda bummed they didn't go with it.

NimbusD

Han looked good in the movie but I definitely like that concept get-up more. That's some spaghetti western shit and badass.

Yeah it would have been nice to see him actually look a bit more like a guy who's profession has gotten to him after all those years, rather than like a character on a sitcom who just has one outfit his whole life no matter what's happening. They did pretty good with updating Leia and Luke to consider what happened to them, but def not Han.

Really hope we get a photo leak soon of Luke on one of the new sets.

I loved Han's story in TFA but really wish they would have waited until Ep. 8 to kill him off. Not seeing Han, Luke and Leia all reunited still makes me sad. :(

Nodnol

Not exactly production news, but Boyega tweeted he didn't know what to do today on his birthday, so Empire magazine joked he could go and see them, and they would have cake. He actually turned up to the office, and the promise of cake was fulfilled. I love how normal he is...well as normal as being invited by Empire to pop down is.

Guy.brush

I remember seeing this is the TFA artbook - they said they're initial inspiration for Han's costume was Jeff Bridges in True Grit...which I thought looked fucking cool as hell. I'm still kinda bummed they didn't go with it.

He needed to look "frozen in time" and being back in the same costume and back to his smuggling days though. that was the safe way to go. You know mainstream movie making.
Leia was still in her Yavin IV green control panel battle planning room, the rebels were still flying their trusty X-Wings like they did during the Rebellion despite winning in ROTJ and the bad guys were again constructing a Deathstar, only this time it sucked in suns and spit them out in arcing hyperspace travelling insta-kil beams killing unnamed worlds with unnamed people on them and...sigh..TFA...

Beard version definitely would have been cooler.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Another lawsuit already
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-rian-johnson-lawsuit-former-agent-1201734203/

“Star Wars: Episode VIII” writer and director Rian Johnson has been sued by his former agent Brian Dreyfuss for a breach of contract. Dreyfuss is claiming that Johnson still owes him 10 percent commission for his “Star Wars” check.

The lawsuit states that Dreyfuss had arranged a meeting between Johnson and Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy back in 2012. The suit also states that Johnson wasn’t interested in taking on any project with the company at the time. Although Dreyfuss was fired by Johnson in 2014, a full year before he was signed on to direct “Star Wars: Episode VIII,” his former agent claims that he was cut out of contracts and negotiations. Dreyfuss also claims that Johnson owes him commissions on some of his previous films, like “Looper.”

Aselith

They can say that but it looks like the coat was patterned after his Rick Deckard look.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
God damn imagine being able to read that stuff before anyone, being in a room and reading new star wars years before anyone else, having to keep it secret and best of all being an integral part to it.

Im kinda glad we have a cast that enjoys this and doesnt seem to treat it like work.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
God damn imagine being able to read that stuff before anyone, being in a room and reading new star wars years before anyone else, having to keep it secret and best of all being an integral part to it.

Im kinda glad we have a cast that enjoys this and doesnt seem to treat it like work.
As a actor its maybe ok, but it would be the worst for me as a fan to read something special like a star wars movie in that form without anything visual

Top Bottom