• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

TFA is essentially a condensed ANH/ESB/ROTJ in many ways. From the flow of the film to the beats and multiple themes, it's taken elements from all three and thrown them into the film. JJ and Kennedy have both said 8 (and I'm sure 9) are going to go into unexplored territory for Star Wars. This film is to get the "old" out of the way and establish the new. I forget if it was JJ or Kasdan but one of them said something interesting. They're going to explore the source of the force, where is it from, what does it mean? This template is to get everyone back and remind them of the emotion. There's a reason Affleck was considered for one of the sequels: they were looking for a director for 8 who understood real emotion and drama. Rian Johnson directed some of the most emotional episodes for a tv show ever so he's a very good choice.

kaiju

Several ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Plot Details Leaked By A Tie-In Children’s Book

Max Von Sydow is playing Lor San Tekka, who lives on Rey’s (Daisy Ridley’s) planet, Jakka, and meets Poe Dameron on the night the First Order attacks Jakka. They put a message from the Resistance in the BB-8 droid and send him (or her) off. At some point, Han Solo, Finn, and Rey are trying to get BB-8 to the Resistance. Han enlists help from space pirate Maz Kanata (mo-capped by Lupita Nyong’o) on the planet Takodana.

According to the leaked images, Kanata is a former mentor of Han Solo. A spy on Takodana rats them out, and Rey and BB-8 are captured by Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie). General Leia leads an X-Wing squadron to save them, while Finn, Han, and Chewie also try to save them before the First Order base they’re being held at — a Starkiller base at D’Qar — is destroyed by the Resistance. Han and company land the Millennium Falcon on the Starkiller base. Which seems incredibly hazardous, but never tell them the odds.

Plot lines up with the TFA Spoilerboard we've all known about for months.

I think Luke will die in IX as well. Maybe saving everyone, maybe just choosing to become one with the Force, I dunno. I feel like Disney/Lucasfilm wants the next trilogy to be truly about the new characters.

I'm beginning to believe the rumors that Luke is indeed a Force Ghost in Episode VII. Why would the best kept secret only reveal that Luke is the father of Rey? Doesn't make sense. I believe Luke had to sacrifice himself to keep Rey safe from the Knights of Ren.

The film already appears incredibly dark. Rey is going to be pulling her hair out (with the help of Chewie in a lighthearted moment on the Falcon) by the end of this movie. She's just learned a fuckton of info about herself through Maz's power. She's desperate. And then she hears Luke's voice, "You have that power too" etc. And he's a Force Ghost. That would be a real WTF moment and a reason to have a "best kept secret" in the film.

IDK, I could be totally wrong. But they did say they want this trilogy to be about the new blood. Things are just adding up for me here, with how secretive Hamill has to be about Luke. I believe the fate of Luke will be revealed in a flashback.

Also, it's rumored Kylo Ren was kidnapped by the Knights of Ren. Han Solo believes the Knights killed his son, but Kylo will take off his mask to reveal that he is his son before killing him. Man, that would be fucking crazy huh?

All speculation, I know. I just see the movie moving in these directions. Flame on if you have to, I'll gladly eat crow once the movie comes out. These are just my hunches.

Luke's new haircut and clean shave tells me at some point he meets up with the resistance with Rey, probably sometimes between 7 and 8. He also looks thinner and the cut looks modern.

Tookay

You guys are just adding twists upon twists, just because you've already grown accustomed to the original twists.

Force Ghost Luke is not happening.

Yeah Force Ghost Luke isn't gonna be a thing in VII, it doesn't fit any of the leaked endings so far, and doesn't explain why Hamill is shooting so early for VIII,

kaiju

You guys are just adding twists upon twists, just because you've already grown accustomed to the original twists.

Force Ghost Luke is not happening.

I know, it's ridiculous.

But think about it...Luke Skywalker is literally the only OT character who could continue on as a ghost.

And speak of the devil, Hamill officially tweeted he'll be in Ep. VIII:

@HamillHimself
Last shaved on 10/22 after final day of my 2nd #TheFlash (which airs 12/8 #XmasTrix), just in time for Ep VIII-whew!

As a ghost ;)

prag16

Banned
Anybody who thinks Luke will appear only as a force ghost at the end of VII, and that he's already dead... you're crazy.

You expect them to kill Han Solo, then mere minutes later reveal that Luke has been dead all along?

That's insane.

JJ and Lawrence confirmed to have an end credits scene where they tell kiddies that Santa Claus doesn't exist and that they were conceived by accident.

Cheebo

Banned
Why are people calling Luke ghost a rumor? It's not a rumor. It's just nonsense fan speculation.

I have a theory, Captian Phasma is secretly Mon Mothma. That is just as much a rumor.

Luke being secretly dead is just as crazy as Luke being Kylo.

Tookay

Why are people calling Luke ghost a rumor? It's not a rumor. It's just nonsense fan speculation.

I have a theory, Captian Phasma is secretly Mon Mothma. That is just as much a rumor.

Luke being secretly dead is just as crazy as Luke being Kylo.

Many Bothans must have put Mothma over the edge.

Worst bit of fan speculation to come out in the past month?

Luke is Kylo
Luke is Snoke
Luke is Dead
The girl having a green lightsaber in the Duracell commercial means Rey is Luke's daughter (which may very well be true, but the leap in logic to get there smh)

Joeytj

Banned
Will Kimmel tonight really be Driver's first Star Wars press interview?

Yes. He has been the actor most excluded from the recent interview blitz, at least of the new main characters. Nyong'o, Hamill, Fisher and others haven't said much either, but they're not as much in the merchandise and previews as Kylo Ren.

Although, honestly, none of the villain actors have done interviews about the movie either.

Moff

my guess is that this will be Isaac's breakthrough, although he has been in many great movies I don't feel he has reached the mainstream, yet. I just hope he keeps making good movies and won't become the boring hero in all his roles like most big stars.

oh, an about Luke, I am pretty certain that his ghost split in a dark side and a light side entitiy, the dark side entitity is snoke who has realized that the jedi were a mistake, nothing but trash.

Waldini

He... hheh hehehehehe ...

It's pretty much confimed that this will be Han-Solo's last movie.

ANH > Finds Skywalker in Mos Eisley. Nearly dies when challening a Star Destroyer
ESB > Helps Skywalker and friends on Hoth. Gets frozen in carbonite.
ROTJ > Gets released/unfrozen. Nearly gets executed. Escapes the Sarlacc Pit while helping Skywalker.
TFA > Helps the OFFSPRING of Skywalker and dies.

I mean, come on guys. It's been 4 movies. At one point his luck had to run out.

J.J can become the most hated person who ever did anything Star Wars related.
Kill of Han-Solo. Ok, that's one.
Show Luke as a Force Ghost? GTFO.

But, thinking of it ... that leaked photo of Hammil. What if these are his afterlife robes? Why is he NOT near Rey? Why is he only on the Skellig Island? Think about it.

Cheebo

Banned
He... hheh hehehehehe ...

It's pretty much confimed that this will be Han-Solo's last movie.

ANH > Finds Skywalker in Mos Eisley. Nearly dies when challening a Star Destroyer
ESB > Helps Skywalker and friends on Hoth. Gets frozen in carbonite.
ROTJ > Gets released/unfrozen. Nearly gets executed. Escapes the Sarlacc Pit while helping Skywalker.
TFA > Helps the OFFSPRING of Skywalker and dies.

I mean, come on guys. It's been 4 movies. At one point his luck had to run out.

J.J can become the most hated person who ever did anything Star Wars related.
Kill of Han-Solo. Ok, that's one.
Show Luke as a Force Ghost? GTFO.

But, thinking of it ... that leaked photo of Hammil. What if these are his afterlife robes? Why is he NOT near Rey? Why is he only on the Skellig Island? Think about it.
Rey goes to Skellig as well to find him. You don't seek out ghosts, they can appear wherever.

Can we PLEASE stop entertaining this clearly nonsensical fan theory?

Which is, still, pretty strange to me.

He has honed his skills for almost 30 years. You'd think he'd be the ultimate bad-ass by now.

Because Jedi are so bad-ass when a larger force is hunting them down.
927473.gif

Jawmuncher

Ahh ok so this is the thread.

I just wanna know one thing, Is rey gonna be a jedi? Or at the very least will she have a light saber at some point? I'm gonna be bummed if she just uses that donatello stick the entire time.

I just wanna know one thing, Is rey gonna be a jedi? Or at the very least will she have a light saber at some point? I'm gonna be bummed if she just uses that donatello stick the entire time.

You asked for it. Hope you are ready.

Rey is pretty much the only one of the new characters, besides Kylo Ren, that we know is truly force sensitive. Finn might be, but it looks like we won't know until the next movie. She will pick up the light saber at the end and fight Kylo Ren.

I have more details, but I don't know how much you want to have spoiled. I tried to answer you direct question without giving more spoilers than needed.

Jawmuncher

Rey is pretty much the only one of the new characters, besides Kylo Ren, that we know is truly force sensitive. Finn might be, but it looks like we won't know until the next movie. She will pick up the light saber at the end and fight Kylo Ren.
Nice, thanks.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
EDIT: Forgot about JJ, but he could be lying.

We don't know that Kylo Ren is force-sensitive. The closest thing to proof right now is the interrogations but he could have just given them a hit of acid for all we know at this point.

Not this again...

Edit: Did you not see the trailers and tv spots where Kylo puts out his hand to either force push or lift something and a sound effect is used? He's the son of Leia, why would he not be force sensitive?

I was just thinking, it's a little embarrassing, but ROTS might be my most watched movie ever.

I pretty much fucking know the dialogue by heart. lol

To be fair, I don't watch the movies I love most many times. I only watch them once in a blue moon.

Like Star Wars and Empire are the ones I've seen the least. Oh well, and AOTC, but because that one is boring in every conceivable way. That one has an incredible power to put me to sleep (just like the first third of ROTJ).

She won't be a jedi in this movie. None of the new characters will be jedi by the end of this movie, just like Luke wasn't a Jedi at the end of Star Wars.

She will use the lightsaber in a fight with Kylo Ren at the end of the film.

Kylo Ren and Rey are definitely Force users. Finn possibly is (maybe. Still up in the air)

She won't be a jedi in this movie. None of the new characters will be jedi by the end of this movie, just like Luke wasn't a Jedi at the end of Star Wars.

She will use the lightsaber in a fight with Kylo Ren at the end of the film.

Kylo Ren and Rey are definitely Force users. Finn possibly is (maybe. Still up in the air)

Force will awaken in her.

But yeah, this movie has so many Star Wars vibes. I'm loving it.

Han solo is playing the role of obiwan here. Luke is playing yodas role. Luke Skywalker will play the same role yoda played in empire imo. Disney playing this safe. I feel like 7,8,9 will be a almost carbon copy of the original trilogy.

Impulsor

I have more details, but I don't know how much you want to have spoiled. I tried to answer you direct question without giving more spoilers than needed.

I want everything spoiled. Who is rey? Who are her parents? TELL ME EVERYTHING!

Top Bottom