• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

when Ren abducts Rey outside Maz' palace

That makes complete sense.

So are he star systems just named after their habitable worlds? Or is Luke saying Yoda is in the Dagobah system just just an oddity line from OT?

Maybe they name the systems and then if there is a habitable planet it just ends up going by that name. If they named our system the Sol System and we were Sol III they would just refer to the habitable planet as Sol.

Tatooine and Geonosis are close.
Yup,
Kinda weird seeing OT and PT planets relatively 'close' to each' other.
Like what does Geonosis look like during the OT, is it like Rogue Squadron with CW stuff still littering the planet.

Felucia for example looks like such an exotic planet yet it seems relatively near Yavin which seems crazy.

The Ways of the Force is when Rey force pulls the Lightsaber to herself right? Fuck imagine if we get a Luke saying "Use the Force Rey" in that scene when she's crying.

I seriously want Luke to be OP as fuck in the next movies.

giphy.gif

I know that but the title of the track has to mean something.

It probably just means "This is the music that plays as she lands on Skellig, walks up the steps, and sees Luke."

Now if we had track LENGTHS, we could probably determine whether or not that scene is actually any meatier than just "he pulls down his hood, she hands over the saber, he smiles."

Although, even without track lengths, it's obvious some of these cuts are going to be pretty short. It's a single CD release, and there's 23 tracks, at least two of which are going to be MINIMUM north of 6 minutes.

WHERE'S THAT LEAK GODDAMMIT.

MattyG

Banned
it's got Rakata Prime on there :D
I never realized Tatooine and Geonosis were that close. It's kind of wierd seeing planets I never associated with one another so close together (relatively speaking) on this map.

Edit: Wait where the fuck is Ryloth? They got Rakata Prime on there but not Ryloth? This map has no credibility anymore, none I say.

I never realized Tatooine and Geonosis were that close.

It's kind of wierd seeing planets I never associated with one another so close together (relatively speaking) on this map.

That was Anakin's justification in AoTC for taking Padme to Geonosis to rescue Obi-Wan. The Council never would have gotten there in time going all the way from Coruscant when he was just a hop, skip, and jump away on Tatooine (although his ass shouldn't have been there in the first place but that's neither here nor there).

iosefe

I never realized Tatooine and Geonosis were that close. It's kind of wierd seeing planets I never associated with one another so close together (relatively speaking) on this map.

Edit: Wait where the fuck is Ryloth? They got Rakata Prime on there but not Ryloth? This map has no credibility anymore, none I say.

a lot of already canon planets were left out for some reason, maybe to make room for key planets in future movies?

Cheebo

Banned
Now if we had track LENGTHS, we could probably determine whether or not that scene is actually any meatier than just "he pulls down his hood, she hands over the saber, he smiles."
I am thinking that is all it will be. Pretty damn certain of it. It fits too perfectly with the film and the series as a whole. No long little monologue from Luke to cap things off. Abrams going to stick to that dialogue-less final scene tradition.

Seeing Lukes face for the first time as the music crescendos and then BOOM the end credits is one hell of a way to close this out and have people dying for the next film. Ending with Luke having a conversation would just not be Star Warsy and not ending on the high emotional point of the shock of Luke.

Gravidee

Yup,
Kinda weird seeing OT and PT planets relatively 'close' to each' other.
Like what does Geonosis look like during the OT, is it like Rogue Squadron with CW stuff still littering the planet.

Felucia for example looks like such an exotic planet yet it seems relatively near Yavin which seems crazy.

The current state of Geonosis was seen during the Vader comic. There are still ruins and wreckage from the war, and the planet itself is also littered with the dried out husks of Geonosians, as the Empire completely sterilized the planet. As far as we know, there is only one queen left and she is unable to conceive.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Also Starkiller base seems to pretty much be a different version of Zonama Sekot from the New Jedi Order books. It probably won't be sentient tho.

I am thinking that is all it will be. Pretty damn certain of it. It fits too perfectly with the film and the series as a whole. No long little monologue from Luke to cap things off. Abrams going to stick to that dialogue-less final scene tradition.

Seeing Lukes face for the first time as the music crescendos and then BOOM the end credits is one hell of a way to close this out and have people dying for the next film. Ending with Luke having a conversation would just not be Star Warsy and not ending on the high emotional point of the shock of Luke.

The movies usually end with them looking at something right?

Maybe he puts an arm around her and they walk back out to the entrance of the cave, and stare out at the landscape at sunset.

Magic hour iris out DIRECTED BY JJ ABRAMS

Star Wars - Ceremony with the medals and shit.

The Empire Strikes Back - The gang sans Han, Chewie and Lando look out to the ships.

Return of the Jedi - Celebration of the defeat of the Empire with the little furry fucks dancing.

The Phantom Menace - That other ceremony with the glowy thing.

Attack of the Clones - Anakin and Padme's wedding, I think.

Revenge of the Sith - Binary sunset.

No dialogue in any of these. Well, TPM has Boss Mass shouting something, but that doesn't really count.
Edit: Oh yeah, Chewie (probably) talks some shit about not getting a medal at the end of Star Wars.

But I'm betting it's Hosnian Prime he's on.

I don't think Hosnian Prime is Luke's world. The Hosnian system was mentioned in Lost Stars as a place were New Republic public transmissions on the formation of the new goverment originated from. It was also mentioned in this makingstarwars post from way back in July: "The New Republic was established in the Hosnian System."

It appears to be a very important planet in the New Republic, if not the capital world itself. I'm thinking it might be this movie's Alderaan. After all, we do need to see Starkiller Base blow something up.

Oh man, so much cool info. Rey's theme? Awesome. Snoke? Didn't think we'd see him (maybe we won't).

I know that but the title of the track has to mean something.

Maybe it's Rey's first steps to becoming a Jedi. She meets Luke.

I'm thinking maybe we might see even less of Luke than what some are expecting. I don't think we'll even get 5 minutes of him. More like seconds, maybe.

prag16

Banned
Oh man, so much cool info. Rey's theme? Awesome. Snoke? Didn't think we'd see him (maybe we won't).

Maybe it's Rey's first steps to becoming a Jedi. She meets Luke.

I'm thinking maybe we might see even less of Luke than what some are expecting. I don't think we'll even get 5 minutes of him. More like seconds, maybe.

5 minutes sounds really high. I'm thinking more like 1-2.

Ohwiseone

Reading those track listings made me get all giddy.

Major spoilers for some.

That last one pretty much confirms luke being at the end of the film.

But I am with Bobby on this one, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SOUNDTRACK LEAK.

I really want to listen to it now

If we got tracklists, that means we're gonna get copies coming off the conveyor belt soon.

And when that happens, we're gonna get a leak. No way we don't.

Hell, if this were any other Star Wars release, the fucking soundtrack would be on shelves already.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Pretty cool! I didn't realize until that last trailer that the scenes where they are assembling as an an army with the leaders on the podium was on Starkiller. So it's a planet converted into base that is also a weapon. I'm surprised they showed them activating it in the trailer with the sky going on all red from what I'm assuming is them firing the weapon.

Ohwiseone

Honestly The "Ways of the force" has my mind running with images of Rey picking up the blue saber with the force theme blasting and then attack Kylo Ren.

I mean, I'll probably become a blubbery mess at that point if that happens.

At that point, I wouldn't care if Luke is in it for 3 seconds.

If anything this is a certainly a sign that each day is one day closer to The 17th

Rumor mill seems to be loving the idea that Starkiller is on Ilum (the planet where Kyber crystals are grown, as seen in Clone Wars).

Also, just looking at the track titles and knowing what we know about the plot, not only are these tracks likely going to be short, but they're probably gonna be somewhat out of order, although that's par for the course with Williams soundtracks.

Moff

You guys crazy? "Jedi Steps" is obviously the next smashing jizz song by the max rebo band after "Jedi Rocks", I bet Luke listens to it when rey walks in, or watches it on the tv.

Moff

Rumor mill seems to be loving the idea that Starkiller is on Ilum (the planet where Kyber crystals are grown, as seen in Clone Wars).

that's a great call, I just looked it up.
ilum is an important planet in the MMO SWTOR, and the location of ilum is exactly where starkiller base's origin point is in the new map.

galaxy_map.jpg

obviously SWTOR is not any kind of reference, but the other planets like moraband(korriban) have the same location on the new map as well

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
That makes complete sense.

Maybe they name the systems and then if there is a habitable planet it just ends up going by that name. If they named our system the Sol System and we were Sol III they would just refer to the habitable planet as Sol.
Except I assume any sentient life on the planet will have already given it a different name :p

"People of Sol, we come in peace"
*nerd voice from back of crowd*
"Well, actually, this planet is known as Earth."

Tookay

It's depressing watching some people on the internet trying to find a way to discount MakingStarWars' synopsis now.

Just because you want something different doesn't make MSW's leak any less credible.

Top Bottom