• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Here's the trooper progression.

z5IS0qk.jpg

The new one is starting to grow on me. It's got an old fashioned sensibility while being modern.

jackdoe

I hope to god that all those recent rumors are fake. Honestly, it all screams Star Wars EU Novels Fan Fiction instead of New Star Wars Trilogy. The first movie in the new trilogy should essentially be stand alone, with some ties to the original trilogy, but nothing as close to as comprehensive as the rumors suggest. And flashbacks don't belong in Star Wars.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope to god that all those recent rumors are fake. Honestly, it all screams Star Wars EU Novels Fan Fiction instead of New Star Wars Trilogy. The first movie in the new trilogy should essentially be stand alone, with some ties to the original trilogy, but nothing as close to as comprehensive as the rumors suggest. And flashbacks don't belong in Star Wars.

Its pretty likely that they are fake, like back then with the PT.

The first movie in the new trilogy should essentially be stand alone, with some ties to the original trilogy, but nothing as close to as comprehensive as the rumors suggest.

Why? It's a sequel to Jedi. Featuring the main characters of Jedi. Why should it be stand-alone?

Its pretty likely that they are fake, like back then with the PT.

This is nothing like what it was during 98-2004.

All new Star Wars movies will essentially be Fan Fiction. Doesn't mean they will be bad though.

jackdoe

Why? It's a sequel to Jedi. Featuring the main characters of Jedi. Why should it be stand-alone?
Because it's introducing a whole new cast of characters (with the original cast pushed to supporting roles). Ideally, all three trilogies should connect to some degree, but be watchable on their own. The degree that these rumors suggest that the new trilogy connects to the old one is way too inclusive and involves way too much revisionist history, making something that was relatively clean and straightforward (the plot of the original trilogy) into something way too complicated (which is essentially what a lot of the Star Wars EU novels did).

shield

Man, what's up with today being so leaky?

there's concept art of
the inquisitor and Vader's helmet
going around now

Rootbeer

Banned
While I'm all for flashbacks, putting Vader in there really just feels like an excuse to keep him relevant so they can keep selling Vader merch. What next? Yoda force ghost visit?

Just hope it's done well.

jackdoe

While I'm all for flashbacks, putting Vader in there really just feels like an excuse to keep him relevant so they can keep selling Vader merch. What next? Yoda force ghost visit?

Just hope it's done well.
What about a Hayden Christensen Force Ghost visit. Hahahaha.

Moff

I don't like the idea of
Luke being held captive since just after RotJ. He should be off doing mysterious Jedi meditation shit.
well if they dont want a new jedi academy with lots of trained jedis in the sequels, there is pretty much no way around having luke captured, although it does sound pretty dumb

Rootbeer

Banned
well if they dont want a new jedi academy with lots of trained jedis in the sequels, there is pretty much no way around having luke captured, although it does sound pretty dumb
but that's the future I wanted for these characters. It's what tons of people wanted... We have decades of EU content built around that core idea.

It really sucks if there are still no trained force users other than luke and these inquisitor 30 some odd years after RotJ.

CloudWolf

The new Stormtrooper helmets look way too slick and minimalistic for my taste. Ugh, would much rather just have them use the old ones.

but that's the future I wanted for these characters. It's what tons of people wanted... We have decades of EU content built around that core idea..
But the movies want to go against the EU, I guess. It's stupid though, since Luke should definitely be some sort of awesome Jedi Master.

We already had a trilogy with lots of trained Jedi and they were 100% disposable across the three movies.

Keeping it focused on a handful raises the stakes in a much more interesting, focused way.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not saying luke being captured makes no sense though. Obi Wan Kenobi goes into hiding for 30 years, and Luke is captured for 30 years. You can see the echoes there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
We already had a trilogy with lots of trained Jedi and they were 100% disposable across the three movies.

Keeping it focused on a handful raises the stakes in a much more interesting, focused way.

You might also blame that on poor writing.

There's also a difference between many Jedi existing and many being focused on.

The existence of tons of soldiers doesn't make good war movies less effective. It's about execution and writing.

The bits we keep getting kinda sound like the Star Wars universe has simply been stuck in neutral for 30 years, with not much progress having happened in any big fashion, which is what a lot of people would want to see.

jackdoe

The bits we keep getting kinda sound like the Star Wars universe has simply been stuck in neutral for 30 years, with not much progress having happened in any big fashion, which is what a lot of people would want to see.
And I feel that's a real shame. With 30 years and a fresh cast, I would definitely want to see progress of some sort.

Top Bottom