• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Nicktendo86

Wright drops out of Ant Man just as Star Wars production ramps up, both properties are owned by Disney, it all makes sense.
I can dream, right?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah I'm with Blader and LastNac. I feel like part of the appeal of the movie is that it's a gigantic universe full of wonder and adventure and stuff. I think Joseph Campbell himself said that part of what makes Star Wars work is that it takes place in a field of the unknown—space. If everything in that world takes occurs on-screen, it becomes a little more quantifiable, and the characters and actions feel a little less mysterious and fantastic.

which is one of the reasons I didn't like a lot of the prequels. They told me too much stuff, explained things that didn't need to be explained.

Cheebo

Banned
Also John Boyega posted on his instagram a picture of himself, Daisy Ridley, and JJ Abrams. And one other person....Edgar Wright.

ZpfRJj2.gif

Yeah, it's overreaction. Or just reaction.

Kevin Smith hanging out with JJ Abrams didn't mean Kevin Smith was doing a Star Wars movie, either.

JJ Abrams has lots of friends in the film industry.

I have a hard time believing anyone who has been in any sort of prison for 30 years is going to be the "exact same person" at the end of that time period. Or further, that there's NOTHING in that 30 years that can't be turned into a story itself.

Hell, you guys are just writing off a prime opportunity to read the Star Wars equivalent of Green Mile or Shawshank Redemption. :)

"I wish I could tell you that Luke fought the good fight, and the Sith let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but prison is no fairy-tale world."

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I could've seen Wright getting the 2018 movie, but I see that already went to the Chronicle director. I just hope they don't waste one of those movies on Boba Fett.

Can we please stop to reflect how AMAZING it is Rian Johnson is doing Episode VIII and IX? I don't think that has gotten as much attention as it deserves.

It's INSANE dude. I remember when he was showing up on the /filmcast to hype up his second film... Now he's directing Star Wars.

B.K.

Can we please stop to reflect how AMAZING it is Rian Johnson is doing Episode VIII and IX? I don't think that has gotten as much attention as it deserves.

I don't even know who he is. Why is it so amazing that he's directing Episode VIII and writing Episode IX? What's so great about him?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't even know who he is. Why is it so amazing that he's directing Episode VIII and writing Episode IX? What's so great about him?
Well, he's got a pretty rich set of work so far for being pretty new to Hollywood. Its just kind of funny that his only sci fi action movie was my least favorite of his movies.

He's directed Brick, one of the best indies of the last 10 years. Looper, one of the best sci-fi films in years, and The Brother's Bloom which is a solid con-man film that's a LOT of fun. He's also directed some of the best episodes of Breaking Bad.

Top Bottom