• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

I don't think that's going to happen.

It will actually be interesting to see what they do with the fighting. Probably take more influence from the OT - a return to the more weighted fighting with some of the prequel flourishes.

Empire and Jedis fights are plenty exciting still to this day.

I just hope they don't have saber fights for the sake of just having them. I'd rather there'd be no fights instead of meaningless fights.

It will actually be interesting to see what they do with the fighting. Probably take more influence from the OT - a return to the more weighted fighting with some of the prequel flourishes.

Empire and Jedis fights are plenty exciting still to this day.

I just hope they don't have saber fights for the sake of just having them. I'd rather there'd be no fights instead of meaningless fights.

Exactly. All 3 duels in the OT had importance to the plot and characters that went beyond merely needing to have a fight. They all represented something more.

As an example of how the PT failed at that, look at the TPM fight against Maul. It was needed to kill off Qui-Gon, but served no other purpose for Obi-Wan. I can think up a great change right now: Have Qui-Gon die because Obi-Wan was set up beforehand as a rash youngster who doesn't listen to wisdom or patience. Have him make a mistake that directly causes Qui-Gon to die because of Obi-Wan's lust for glory or heroism. Then have him learn from this mistake and vow to live as his master did in response to the mistake/rashness.

Instead he simply wasn't fast enough?

Stuff like that is needed. The fights need to either represent a change in the character or force a change in the character, not merely be there for effects.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh, well, the news was that he's starting in two weeks...which also makes it clearer when filming should be ending.

Starting the writing of it I can believe. The recording should not be until mid to late next year as it's usually one of the later things to be done.

I wonder what new ideas Williams will bring to the table with this score. The prequel soundtrack had more choral elements than the OT's, with Duel of the Fates being the most obvious and iconic example. Then there's a track like Padme's Ruminations, the beginning of which sounds unlike anything else in the catalogue. On the other hand, Across the Stars and The Clone Army wouldn't sound out of place in the old movies. He will reprise classic themes, clearly, but I can't wait to see what decisions he makes. The musical choices (as well as the special effects, film stock and lightsaber battles) pose fascinating challenges to the filmmakers.

watershed

Banned
Williams is gonna bring it for Episode 7. Aside from some terrible music editing (which isn't his fault) and some questionable reusing of old music, the score for Ep 3 is top tier Star Wars music.

Sapiens

I wonder what new ideas Williams will bring to the table with this score. The prequel soundtrack had more choral elements than the OT's, with Duel of the Fates being the most obvious and iconic example. Then there's a track like Padme's Ruminations, the beginning of which sounds unlike anything else in the catalogue. On the other hand, Across the Stars and The Clone Army wouldn't sound out of place in the old movies. He will reprise classic themes, clearly, but I can't wait to see what decisions he makes. The musical choices (as well as the special effects, film stock and lightsaber battles) pose fascinating challenges to the filmmakers.

If the rumours are true, Williams is going to do it completely in synth. Reports suggest that John Carpenter's 1980s synth scores have become a huge influence.

Woorloog

Banned
If the rumours are true, Williams is going to do it completely in synth. Reports suggest that John Carpenter's 1980s synth scores have become a huge influence.

Gotta listen how Carpenter's music sounds.
I was wondering if the new SW score would be more... "futuristic".

Woorloog

Banned
Some Carpenter track i checked out had Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon OST on the sidebar suggestions :p

Synth music would be very, very interesting music direction.

Where are these rumours from? It would be so out of place within the full 9 films that I doubt it would be true.

Is this a joke?

image.php

It's... dubious.

This is the first time anyone's paid attention to Cinelinx for anything, and at the bottom of that report, they essentially admit the only reason they're running it is that they saw MakingStarWars.net tweet about maybe not running it so they wanna get the scoop while they can. :)

That said - Remake Yojimbo, Sanjuro, and Seven Samurai with Ewan McGregor. Sure. Do it.

It's... dubious.

This is the first time anyone's paid attention to Cinelinx for anything, and at the bottom of that report, they essentially admit the only reason they're running it is that they saw MakingStarWars.net tweet about maybe not running it so they wanna get the scoop while they can. :)

That said - Remake Yojimbo, Sanjuro, and Seven Samurai with Ewan McGregor. Sure. Do it.

Yeah, it's still a rumor. I was just hoping it's true :p

I want Obi-Wan solo movie so bad.

The only Obiwan-centric vehicle I want to see is a series of prequel films set before the original trilogy. You know, it could show how he met Anakin Skywalker and their adventures helping Bail Organa during the Clone Wars. The films could show how he tried and failed to save his friend from the lure of the dark side. That would be awesome.

Raptor

Williams is gonna bring it for Episode 7. Aside from some terrible music editing (which isn't his fault) and some questionable reusing of old music, the score for Ep 3 is top tier Star Wars music.

God damn right it is.

I used to llisten to it on my fithwheeler days 13 years ago.

Toparaman

Banned

I'm guessing you're joking, but this would actually be really daring and potentially awesome.

As long as I have Luke Skywalker in dual wielding light saber battle scene I'll be happy. He's a Jedi master at this point right?

I really hope the fight choreography gets turned up to 11 for these next three.

That's what Ep. 3 was for.

Top Bottom