• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Getting clear looks at the paintings that inspired the "luke is the cyborg theory" now - I gotta say, I don't see too much of Hamill in there. And the whole reason the "luke is the cyborg now" theory sparked off was because a couple guys thought that dude looked like Luke.

I don't really see it - and I'm looking for it.

iqks0I4Xj
This just looks like someone saw the leaked set photos and then faked some art for it. maybe im wrong though

inm8num2

The Mighty MillenniumFalcon.com rises from the ashes.

Most of Episode III got spoiled from there.

Those are in fact the paintings everyone's been sourcing their rumors from.

I was a MF lurker in the year before the ROTS release. I vividly recall seeing images of a burned and bald Anakin on there something like a month before the movie came out. No regrets!

This just looks like someone saw the leaked set photos and then faked some art for it. maybe im wrong though

Nah.

This is the art. The lion's share of the rumors/spoilers you've heard in the last few months are coming from these paintings.

You're now seeing what basically all the rumormongers have been seeing for the last few months.

I was a MF lurker in the year before the ROTS release. I vividly recall seeing images of a burned and bald Anakin on there something like a month before the movie came out. No regrets!

Heh. That was me, actually. Someone emailed me that, the Palpatine makeup, and the props used for the twins.

(I helped spoil quite a bit of Episode III back then through that site. I was also a giant asshole back then too. If you were lurking back then, I apologize on the off chance you read my bullshit)

Nah.
Heh. That was me, actually. Someone emailed me that, the Palpatine makeup, and the props used for the twins.

(I helped spoil quite a bit of Episode III back then through that site. I was also a giant asshole back then too. If you were lurking back then, I apologize on the off chance you read my bullshit)

I remember the ROTS soundtrack leaking there a month or two before it officially released; was pretty much the best day ever.

Moff

I have no doubt they are real, I love
the AT-AT home
and everything else, too. that movie looks awesome.

TheXbox

Getting clear looks at the paintings that inspired the "luke is the cyborg theory" now - I gotta say, I don't see too much of Hamill in there. And the whole reason the "luke is the cyborg now" theory sparked off was because a couple guys thought that dude looked like Luke.

exDJPzOsj

This has gotta be part of it, right? I don't think he's Luke, but he looks damn cool anyway.
I hope he's not Luke.

Dr Prob

Banned
I think Neeson as Qui-Gon was better than McGregor as Obi-Wan. But for Ep II and III I agree, Obi-Wan was one of the tolerable parts.

Neeson was really good, problem there is the character was superfluous and served mainly as a delivery mechanism for bad ideas. Instead of Obi-Wan and Anakin simply being doomed friends, the latter was instead foisted upon the former by some blood-testing, prophecy-driven (albeit very likeable) dude. How 'bout you don't do any of that and let Leeson ground and shore up other parts of the story? HOW 'BOUT IT MOVIE FROM 1999!?

McGregor was great as well, but later on he's in a 50s diner opposite who knows what, on a lava surfboard etc. He could have been giving the performance of a generation and it would have been swallowed up.

inm8num2

Nice! Yea I was a huge spoiler junkie leading up to ROTS. I took in everything from MF and TheForce.Net, among other sites. I don't remember anybody from the communities specifically, but it was a hell of a ride waiting for that film.

I remember the ROTS soundtrack leaking there a month or two before it officially released; was pretty much the best day ever.

Haha, I remember that as well. I was gushing when I heard Battle of the Heroes. It was so goddamn epic.

No shit.

This whole thing is so FUCKING WEIRD to watch happen from this vantage point 10 years later.

Seriously! The only thing missing is all of the Australian contingent sharing spoilers. Those Aussies sure loved leaking stuff.

All these leaks being concept art based instead of script or dialogue makes me believe they came form the US, pre-production side.

Yeah me neither. I don't get it.

I gotta say... wow. I'm loving these concept art photos. Expecially the AT AT one. THIS is star wars. Not whatever we got for the past 3 movies. I really love the rugged feel they're going for.

Tookay

I gotta say... wow. I'm loving these concept art photos. Expecially the AT AT one. THIS is star wars. Not whatever we got for the past 3 movies. I really love the rugged feel they're going for.

With all due respect, the art books for Ep 1-3 showed that there were a lot of really talented people working on those too.

also, that green screen did not age well.

Wasn't green-screen. That was actually shot in Tunisia during the filming of Episode II. Blame the poor lighting.

Nicktendo86

Art looks bloody amazing, you can really tell the rumours were taken from the art. Hope that means a lot of guesswork was in place and we still have no idea about the plot!

Mariolee

The movie won't be as rad as this concept art suggests. I guarantee it.

At least, I'm keeping my hopes down. I cannot be let down again. :(

munchie64

I'm really like the look of those.
The ones with the Vader helmet are really cool, and I like what they are implying about his role.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Whitta left because he talked all kinds of shit about Star Wars on here. So he had to distance himself away from here.

I don't want anyone involved with Stars Wars from here on out unless they've talked shit about it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Something akin to that arab guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark twirling his sword all fancy, Indy just takes out his gone and shoots him. Maybe the villan does all these flips and shit ala Darth Maul and Luke just force pushes him the fuck out.

Naw, make his lightsaber implode.

Can someone make a separate thread for the art, and call for story spoilers to be tagged? I thankfully have missed the big thing, but still want to talk the latest SW7 leaks.

I just want a thread that allows for spoilers, but calls for them to be marked.

Basically, I wanna see pics, here about new weapons or stormtroopers, but not get slammed with actual story spoilers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, I'm loving a lot of that art & potentially even if they represent shots. Very earthy feel. I think the barometer is pretty high for vehicle design expectations, but they're a nice evolution it seems like.

*goes back to lurking*

Liamario

Banned
I just want a thread that allows for spoilers, but calls for them to be marked.

Basically, I wanna see pics, here about new weapons or stormtroopers, but not get slammed with actual story spoilers.

To be fair, nobody knows the plot- it's all just speculation and rumour and a lot of it contradicts.

temp

posting on contract only
Guy: Can we have different thread where there aren't spoilers?

Everyone else: This thread is for spoilers!

Top Bottom