• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

-griffy-

Banned
I'm gonna say 100% that the source who told me the trailer would debut during the NFL kickoff on September 10th is legit.

I was feeling iffy so I didn't try to talk about it much since I mainly dabble in Jurassic news, but that aligns too perfectly.
I wouldn't doubt the trailer plays during the broadcast, but I'd still be surprised if that's the true debut of the trailer. Especially considering the game is on NBC and not ABC/ESPN for that sweet Disney/ABC/Lucasfilm synergy.

How DARE you hold out on us!

Seriously though, that's interesting as hell.

Whoops. I did post it a few weeks ago, but edited it out. I didn't want the pitchforks if I accidentally started a huge rumor that didn't pan out. :lol

Though who knows, I still see something hitting with Force Friday.

Wait black series Captain Phasma is out tonight? I might actually hit up TRU damn
Phasma's part of the second wave I believe. I think that might be late September or October. It's just Finn, Rey, Chewie, Kylo, the Stormtrooper and the Guavian enforcer tomorrow.

10384837_10207105155444747_4005709157254563967_n.jpg

I wouldn't doubt the trailer plays during the broadcast, but I'd still be surprised if that's the true debut of the trailer. Especially considering the game is on NBC and not ABC/ESPN for that sweet Disney/ABC/Lucasfilm synergy.

Debut is at midnight tonight! BELIEVE!
man that would be the BEST if it were true.

I like those. I don't like the black series or the bigger ones. *shrug*

You like the cheap 4" figures with 5 points of articulation (or whatever it is)?

I understand the interest in the nice 4", super articulated figures, the ones like Hasbro used to make, but unless you're a child, I don't get why anyone would want the cheap 4" junk Hasbro has been putting out lately.

You like the cheap 4" figures with 5 points of articulation (or whatever it is)?

I understand the interest in the nice 4", super articulated figures, the ones like Hasbro used to make, but unless you're a child, I don't get why anyone would want the cheap 4" junk Hasbro has been putting out lately.

Well I'm not a child, but thanks for talking down to me like that.
I got the 3.75" rebels figures and like them a lot. They have a nice clean look about them.

I'm really excited for the Infinity rebels characters, I think they look even more amazing.
Makes me wish the show designs were based on the Infinity versions.

Went to pick up some lightsabers for my family yesterday. Figured "I see them out year round, let's get some for some backyard battles". Grabbed 4 (including the new Ren saber to combine with another to make a Maul-esque double bladed saber). Got to the register and we were denied. My son (5) was so upset. He didn't understand this force Friday concept and, frankly, they shouldn't have been out to begin with.

Glassboy

How hard is it to get Lego these days? Will I be able to get the millenium falcon and Poe's X-Wing without any problem whenever they launch tonight?

Moff

it's a shame they made phasma simply grey.
I remember I had cheap toys as a kid with chromey apperances, should have been possible.

-griffy-

Banned
it's a shame they made phasma simply grey.
I remember I had cheap toys as a kid with chromey apperances, should have been possible.

I remember the chrome finish on those cheap toys always ended up getting chipped and looking like shit after moderate use though :p

Moff

I remember the chrome finish on those cheap toys always ended up getting chipped and looking like shit after moderate use though :p

I don't remember it that way.
but black series is more for collectors anyway and not to be actually played with.
I really think it's a shame, I would surely have bought one, I don't really understand that, the character was originally the chrome trooper and it would have looked beautiful.
but I expect them to release a proper one in the future

Snaku

Banned
I don't remember it that way.
but black series is more for collectors anyway and not to be actually played with.
I really think it's a shame, I would surely have bought one, I don't really understand that, the character was originally the chrome trooper and it would have looked beautiful.
but I expect them to release a proper one in the future

Hasbro is notoriously cheap, and the Black Series has only gotten progressively worse in quality since X-Wing Luke and Darth Maul. I had hopes for the Elite Series, but they're even worse than the Black. The problem is Hasbro owns the exclusive rights for Star Wars action figures in the U.S. When you're the only game in town, and you have no competition, you can basically half ass your product as much as you'd like and nobody can do anything about it.

Honestly at this point if you want a quality Star Wars figure you're stuck with importing the SH Figuarts line, or buying Hot Toys. Neither of these options is particularly exciting. You can't just walk into a store and buy them, so there's no instant gratification. If you miss out on preorders, which can last for mere minutes on import sites, for the Figuarts you're gonna be paying a hefty mark up to scalpers. And with Hot Toys...well you better be rich. :/

mr-paul

Prize draw for BB8 here. Have to be present at 1:30am for it though, even though they ask for your contact details (for marketing purposes, of course). I wonder how many will wait... I don't know if I will for such a little chance, but it is BB8...

Went to pick up some lightsabers for my family yesterday. Figured "I see them out year round, let's get some for some backyard battles". Grabbed 4 (including the new Ren saber to combine with another to make a Maul-esque double bladed saber). Got to the register and we were denied. My son (5) was so upset. He didn't understand this force Friday concept and, frankly, they shouldn't have been out to begin with.
I feel ya. What store? I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a hot wheels Rebels ship off the clearance rack and they refused to sell it to me. I left so mad. I have a bag of them I bought 5 days ago at the same Walmart?

I feel ya. What store? I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a hot wheels Rebels ship off the clearance rack and they refused to sell it to me. I left so mad. I have a bag of them I bought 5 days ago at the same Walmart?
Walmart haha. I mean I can see the cross saber not being eligible, but Rebels branded? Come on.

Now I get to go there after work Friday and look at the scraps.

Top Bottom