• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Lebron

I will not rest till that BB8 is mine. Also, that Kylo Ren FX saber is so cheap looking, like a throwaway prop. And it's like $200? They can get fucked with that.

DodgerSan

Wow. Just got in from one of the only five TRU in the UK doing the midnight opening (not London).

Absolutely pathetic.

They had TWO Black series Kylo and TWO black series troopers. So you'd think that the first two guys in line would have got those yes? They told us that they were pretty much only there for the black series.

No. They went to the cosplay stormtroopers who were allowed in the store before the fans who had queued up for 5 hours in the rain.

Very poor form.

The rest of the display was tiny as well. For such a hyped event it was a real letdown.

Personally, I was there more for the group spirit, and had a good time in the line chatting with fellow fans. But the hard core collectors were seriously annoyed, and I can empathize.

Wow. Just got in from one of the only five TRU in the UK doing the midnight opening (not London).

Absolutely pathetic.

They had TWO Black series Kylo and TWO black series troopers. So you'd think that the first two guys in line would have got those yes? They told us that they were pretty much only there for the black series.

No. They went to the cosplay stormtroopers who were allowed in the store before the fans who had queued up for 5 hours in the rain.

Very poor form.

The rest of the display was tiny as well. For such a hyped event it was a real letdown.

Personally, I was there more for the group spirit, and had a good time in the line chatting with fellow fans. But the hard core collectors were seriously annoyed, and I can empathize.

How they felt in the checkout line:

P0ksMQr.jpg

So I listened to the talking Finn doll (this is my life, right now. The life I am living. Where I type things like 'I listened to the talking Finn doll' with total sincerity) and while all the lines seem to be fairly dramatic, I'm betting half of them are punchlines/comedic.

So I listened to the talking Finn doll (this is my life, right now. The life I am living. Where I type things like 'I listened to the talking Finn doll' with total sincerity) and while all the lines seem to be fairly dramatic, I'm betting half of them are punchlines/comedic.

Is there a link to this?

mr-paul

Pretty cool of them to do it. How many people were at the London store guys?

Hard to tell from being in the line, then not all people stayed around to the end. Was very busy when they opened the doors though. Some people bought loads! They were filming, so there should be footage online soonish I guess, I filmed some of my own too.

I'd guess at 200+ people over the couple of hours, but I'm really just pulling a number out of my ass.

There was plenty of all the stock, only thing I think they ran out of were the sphero BB-8s. £130!

There was also a midnight opening at the forbidden planet, so I don't know what went on down there.

Radian8

Grabbed a BB-8 here in NZ, it's very cool :D
They have sold out extremely fast at one of the big chain stores (JB-hifi) but I believe they are in stock at Mighty Ape.

Been rolling it around the office and most people love it, all think it's incredibly cute.

I think my favorite part of Force Friday's videos so far is all the other websites tracking their videos with shit orchestral midi cues because they can't clear using Williams' music.

-griffy-

Banned

Definitely the "I don't...know what...to do!" I'm picturing him trying to fly the Millennium Falcon or something.

Snaku

Banned
Northern Virginia checking in. First in line at Target, nobody else here yet. They're still setting everything up, and the line begins right in front of the Star Wars toy aisle. It's so tantalizing looking at all the Force Awakens merch.

Absolutely pathetic.

Very poor form.

Which event did you go to?

I was in Warrington. Sounds like what happened there. I got the last Black Series but it was just a Chewbacca. The guys behind me in the queue worked on the film and one had a bunch of videos and pictures on his phone to back it up. Told me a lot of stuff that cemented some of the rumours and I saw some stuff that hadn't been revealed yet. So a bad night for collecting and a grand one for blind luck.

Northern Virginia checking in. First in line at Target, nobody else here yet. They're still setting everything up, and the line begins right in front of the Star Wars toy aisle. It's so tantalizing looking at all the Force Awakens merch.
Eastern Ohio here, about to go take a look at Walmart then decide if I will stay there or go to Toys r us. No Target opening near me.

Right now I am torn between getting a few LEGO sets and feeding my LEGO addiction more tomorrow, or getting the Sphero BB-8. I will get infinite reuses out of the LEGO bricks, but a remote controlled droid just seems too awesome. And it would make a great cat torture device.

-griffy-

Banned
So none of the stores releasing stuff at midnight around here seem to have the BB-8. Looks like I'll have to try my luck in the morning.

I got an Apple Store and a Barnes and Noble right by my work, both opening at 10AM. Gonna head to Barnes and Noble around 9:45 and see what they have, and if no BB-8 I'll try the Apple Store. If I don't get one tomorrow then no big deal. Just want to see the merchandise and be part of the experience/excitement and all that more than anything.

mr-paul

My pics, but embedded this time!

11947402_10153073424452944_5732866229476073555_n.jpg

11960027_10153073424592944_9113378709924012048_n.jpg

(I have very shaky hands!)

10414526_10153073424382944_8481183145499481211_n.jpg

Literally can't sleep I'm so hyped up.
Was definitely worth going to.

Mainly went for the pin badge, but was great to meet Daisy and John and get a really nice figure too! Very impressed with the Elite collection, wanted to get the Kylo Ren but being sensible with my money!

My pics, but embedded this time!

11947402_10153073424452944_5732866229476073555_n.jpg

11960027_10153073424592944_9113378709924012048_n.jpg

(I have very shaky hands!)

10414526_10153073424382944_8481183145499481211_n.jpg

Literally can't sleep I'm so hyped up.
Was definitely worth going to.

Mainly went for the pin badge, but was great to meet Daisy and John and get a really nice figure too! Very impressed with the Elite collection, wanted to get the Kylo Ren but being sensible with my money!

That is fucking awesome, dude. :D

greatgeek

Banned
Which event did you go to?

I was in Warrington. Sounds like what happened there. I got the last Black Series but it was just a Chewbacca. The guys behind me in the queue worked on the film and one had a bunch of videos and pictures on his phone to back it up. Told me a lot of stuff that cemented some of the rumours and I saw some stuff that hadn't been revealed yet. So a bad night for collecting and a grand one for blind luck.
The spoiler thread would love to hear more about it.

Pls

watershed

Banned
I'm bummed Finn speaks in an American accent. I feel like mass audiences are entirely used to British and other non-American accents at this point, especially after the Harry Potter trilogy.

Top Bottom