• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

-griffy-

Banned
Love that Daisy took the time to personalize with your names, assume she did that to everyone who asked for an autograph. It's easy to be super cynical about the merchandising and the stars just being there to fulfill contract obligations, but it genuinely seems like they are as excited to be involved in all this as the fans are. Seems like they picked some good leads for this film.

Boke1879

Confirmation from Star Wars UK Twitter that wave 1 tomorrow includes Phasma:
COBVXBLUYAAp7hR.jpg

Will these toys be up on amazon.com later tonight as well?

Hope you get a Phasma, Trooper and Ren figure?

//ARCANUM

I'm lined up at the only Target open at midnight in Austin TX. It's very well organized so far and there's maybe 10 people in line. I got here at 630pm.

I think I'll be skipping the Black Series Phasma for the Figuarts one.
Love that Daisy took the time to personalize with your names, assume she did that to everyone who asked for an autograph. It's easy to be super cynical about the merchandising and the stars just being there to fulfill contract obligations, but it genuinely seems like they are as excited to be involved in all this as the fans are. Seems like they picked some good leads for this film.
She was super nice, interacting with the fans inside the store and outside and everything. Same with Boyega. You don't feel very starstruck because it was just such a chill environment compared to something like a premiere.

Darvan

Wonder if Amazon and other's will have the Star Wars PS4 for pre-order or do we have to wait till after Destiny TTK ships

Walmart made the decision for me. I'm going to Toys r us. Walmart had nothing new, nothing ready to be put out, and only Aftermath. I did hide a rebel branded clearance toy they refused to sell me though. I'll come back tomorrow and pick it up. Hopefully there is something going on at Toy's r us. I came here hoping to at least get a look at the toys.

Hex

Banned
My squad seems to be hitting Target, Toys R Us, and then probably Walmart.
May the Force be with us because there will be some scary shit afoot.
Oh yeah, and then Disney Store at opening in the morning.

Boke1879

Wonder if Amazon and other's will have the Star Wars PS4 for pre-order or do we have to wait till after Destiny TTK ships

I just hope amazon has some of those toys up on their site I plan to get some.

I would think we'll have to wait until after TKK ships before we can preorder the PS4

To be clear Phasma, Flametrooper, Constable, and Poe might be wave 1 in UK but that doesn't mean it is for US. Don't expect them to be anywhere.

Hex

Banned
Zavvi.com has the BB-8 for sale now on their site. Next day delivery in the UK but they ship to the US also.
I get blu rays from them all the time.

Decided I'll drive the 30 miles to the nearest Walmart that says they're participating in the midnight release and putting stuff out then. We'll see if it actually happens, though.

Wouldn't it have been neat if they released a trailer that gave fans a good look at some of these characters in action to drum up a little interest in some of these figures?

Maelstorm1226

Neo Member
Checking in from Washington, PA. Only four of us at our Toys R Us. Our Target is not opening at midnight and don't really want to bother with WalMart. Hoping to at least get the Lego Falcon set. Going to Target in the morning for everything else I think.

evil ways

Also a friend of mine who's setting up the SW isle on TRU just confirmed only the first 5 figures in wave 1 out of 8 cases he put up. So no Phasma and Poe yet.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Also a friend of mine who's setting up the SW isle on TRU just confirmed only the first 5 figures in wave 1 out of 8 cases he put up. So no Phasma and Poe yet.
Yeah, Amazon only has Kylo, Chewie, Finn, Rey and First Order Stormtrooper.

Interestingly enough, Amazon just recently changed their countdown to launch from 3am to 12am EST. I guess they don't want to fall behind all of the other stores that will be selling starting at midnight.

Charcoal

So I'm pretty deep in school work, but I really want to have some fun with this as well.

With all this stuff rolling out across the country, it's not a "one store gets one each" type of deal is it? I was really hoping to run by Target in the morning to pick up some of the new stuff.

Sawneeks

Banned
So I'm pretty deep in school work, but I really want to have some fun with this as well.

With all this stuff rolling out across the country, it's not a "one store gets one each" type of deal is it? I was really hoping to run by Target in the morning to pick up some of the new stuff.

Every story is getting almost everything. Some of the BB-8s and the 'Elite' line are store exclusive but that's about it I believe.

Snaku

Banned
So the Target I'm at has everything in stock, with the exception of the Force FX Kylo Ren saber. They filled the hole with talking plush.

The Phasma Elite figure was so damn popular. I was near the beginning of the line and Phasma was not to be found by the time I entered. When I went to pay for my stuff, I then found the last one that no one had taken because it was hidden so well.

Boke1879

The Phasma Elite figure was so damn popular. I was near the beginning of the line and Phasma was not to be found by the time I entered. When I went to pay for my stuff, I then found the last one that no one had taken because it was hidden so well.

WAIT! So Phasma is being sold? Damn you amazon for not having it up.

Top Bottom