• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Calcium

Banned
I managed to get my LEGO Millenium Falcon. There were about 100 people in line, pretty nuts. Looks like I'll have to wait on BB-8, though. Not a big deal, I'm fine waiting for Amazon to restock.

MattyG

Banned
Did anyone pick up any books other than Aftermath? I'm debating grabbing the YA ones too for a quick read, if it turns out they have anything interesting in them.

3N16MA

Banned
I wonder if the Sphero BB-8 will be hard to get throughout the holidays or it will be readily available after the initial rush. Higher price point but I can see kids and adults going crazy over it.

I went to toys r us and everything was gone within 10 minutes. I did get lucky and scored the Lego construction General Grevious and Darth Vader figures. I also brok off from the line and got super lucky with a pop kylo ren fig. Got a cool poster and a Lego brick. My buddy wanted the book so I hit up the Walmart like 5 minutes from my house on the way home and they had all of the figures including the black series figured untouched.... So I grabbed the black series kylo ren.

In the am I am going hunting for the bb8 sphero version. I hope I can score that.

Briarios

Did anyone pick up any books other than Aftermath? I'm debating grabbing the YA ones too for a quick read, if it turns out they have anything interesting in them.

I ordered the Lost Stars book ... The reason is because it's supposed to recap the events of the Rebellion through the eyes of an Imperial and Rebel pilot. Why does this interest me? Because, I think it will tell us what the new caretakers of Star Wars think the most important elements are. It's going to be canon and their may be some subtle differences between Lucas' focus and Disney's.

MattyG

Banned
I ordered the Lost Stars book ... The reason is because it's supposed to recap the events of the Rebellion through the eyes of an Imperial and Rebel pilot. Why does this interest me? Because, I think it will tell us what the new caretakers of Star Wars think the most important elements are. It's going to be canon and their may be some subtle differences between Lucas' focus and Disney's.
Ohhh, that does sound interesting. Definitely going to at least look into that one.

Maelstorm1226

Neo Member
The Toys R Us I went too didn't get all of there stock. So they barely had anything. Thankfully I was third in line and got my Lego Falcon set. WalMart seemed the place to go if you were unable to go to a Target tonight. Hoping my Disney Store will have some of the Elite Series figures in stock tomorrow.

Had a lot of fun going out tonight and just talking to excited Star Wars fans.

charpunk

I wonder if the Sphero BB-8 will be hard to get throughout the holidays or it will be readily available after the initial rush. Higher price point but I can see kids and adults going crazy over it.

From what I've heard, there is another batch going out in 2 weeks.

The Toys R Us I went too didn't get all of there stock. So they barely had anything. Thankfully I was third in line and got my Lego Falcon set. WalMart seemed the place to go if you were unable to go to a Target tonight. Hoping my Disney Store will have some of the Elite Series figures in stock tomorrow.

Had a lot of fun going out tonight and just talking to excited Star Wars fans.

The problem I have with TRU is that there doesn't seem to be a corporate rule about employees holding stock for themselves. A friend of mine works there and said a few people have a bunch of items being held for them.

aparisi2274

All I wanted was the $150 BB-8 figure and I got him from Amazon at like 12:02am ET... sold out pretty quickly after that.

I'm happy. Got out with Black series Kylo Ren, Rey and a Stormtrooper, regular figures of Rey, Kylo, Phasma, Stormtrooper. Dropped about $100. Also got two free posters.

Sawneeks

Banned
The problem I have with TRU is that there doesn't seem to be a corporate rule about employees holding stock for themselves. A friend of mine works there and said a few people have a bunch of items being held for them.

It's actually against store policy to do that or even buy something on your break/after your shift. That just sounds like shit management for the store.

Source: best friend works at TRU and has asked me to pick up some things for him tonight because he is working Force Friday.

Toys r us I went to had legos in a different sopt. I was 4th in and last out and the lego stuff was untouched. So we're the quad-copter falcon and x-wing. There were about 30 people there.

charpunk

It's actually against store policy to do that or even buy something on your break/after your shift. That just sounds like shit management for the store.

Source: best friend works at TRU and has asked me to pick up some things for him tonight because he is working Force Friday.

Well that's good to hear then. I hate that shit.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
15 years ago I bought a Darth Vader statue and that's been the extent of my Star Wars merchandise outside of video games. But tonight I pulled the trigger on BB-8. Love the design and the Ollie I got last Xmas was a super fun toy so I trust Sphero.

From all the sellouts tonight I see I'm not alone.

So was there footage at Target? I'm guessing not.

I went to Force Friday but my TRU didn't get enough good stuff so I only left with Finn and some Jurassic World toys. I really wanted BB-8 or some Black Series, but they didn't have either. Ah well, free poster!

So they didn't have the quad Falcon despite having a spot for it. They did, however, end up having BB-8 so I nabbed one here and canceled my Amazon order. Also grabbed a Black Series Phasma. They somehow didn't have boxes with Rey or Kylo.

Since Walmart was across the street, I how'd over after checking out just to see what they had left. Got Black Series Rey and Kylo, and the quad Falcon there. Woo!

Alur

At Target in Tempe. Hour and fifteen or so out, two sections, 75+ in line already between the two areas. Only 2 of the FX sabers and 6 of the RC BB-8's.

Calcium

Banned
Did that quad Millenium Falcon ever show up on Amazon or did it just sell out? All I'm seeing is an older version.

Wanderer5

Black Series Phasma hasn't been up on Amazon yet? Wonder when she going to pop up, since the rest seem to have been up by now (with Kylo sold out now).

antonz

Black Series Phasma hasn't been up on Amazon yet? Wonder when she going to pop up, since the rest seem to have been up by now (with Kylo sold out now).

Based on lack of availability pretty much everywhere seems like she isn't out in America

Phasma seems to be the most wanted figure. 3.75-inch figure sold out at Amazon and TRU and 20-inch Phasma is out of stock at TRU.

Snaku

Banned
So Target was doing a raffle giving away three 4 foot tall talking plush Chewie's. A little 7 year old boy won the last one and it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. He was in tears hugging it, and the 70 or so Star Wars fans were cheering. Wish I had a video of that. Good job Target, really class act event all around.

I only bought a Nerf Lightsaber to complement the one my brother bought. The couch is now the high ground.

Are we getting a new trailer today?

Probably not. But maybe? Nobody seems to know.

The BBC rated a new trailer for release on the 11th. Someone else said that's simply the 2nd teaser trailer, being re-rated for a blu-ray relese. But the times don't match up. Someone else here heard that there was a plan to debut this new trailer on the 10th, during NFL kickoff. Someone else heard something about Target screening something "exclusive," but nothing seems to have come of that, either.

Probably not. But maybe? Nobody seems to know.

The BBC rated a new trailer for release on the 11th. Someone else said that's simply the 2nd teaser trailer, being re-rated for a blu-ray relese. But the times don't match up. Someone else here heard that there was a plan to debut this new trailer on the 10th, during NFL kickoff. Someone else heard something about Target screening something "exclusive," but nothing seems to have come of that, either.

What the hell is the point of a Star Wars day then? Is all we're getting a bunch of toys? That's kinda lame.

antonz

What the hell is the point of a Star Wars day then? Is all we're getting a bunch of toys? That's kinda lame.

Masterful marketing. We all are buying stuff that will be available for quite sometime tonight because they managed to make a hyped force friday

Top Bottom