• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

What the hell is the point of a Star Wars day then? Is all we're getting a bunch of toys?

Us watching a commercial for a movie doesn't really make anyone any money.
Us going out and buying the shit out of plastic ranging in price from 15-150 dollars makes them a ton of money.

The point of Force Friday is to make a ton of fucking money. They've manufactured a consumer holiday out of thin air - to go along with the other completely fan-originated Star Wars holiday (based on a fucking PUN) that is more or less observed by the mainstream media.

And that's all beside the actual release of the film.

Snaku

Banned

Or you can wait for the vastly superior Figuarts.

b13jNRC.jpg

Hex

Banned
Will be heading to the Disney Store in the morning.
Toys R Us was a nut house which was ransacked.
I picked up Black Series Kylo Ren on an impulse buy, had a 3.5 Phasma but gave it to someone who wanted it more.
Target was ransacked even harder.

Us watching a commercial for a movie doesn't really make anyone any money.
Us going out and buying the shit out of plastic ranging in price from 15-150 dollars makes them a ton of money.

The point of Force Friday is to make a ton of fucking money. They've manufactured a consumer holiday out of thin air - to go along with the other completely fan-originated Star Wars holiday (based on a fucking PUN) that is more or less observed by the mainstream media.

And that's all beside the actual release of the film.

They can't put together a trailer in addition to the merchandise?

Wanderer5

3N16MA

Banned
Well the three figures we're discussing are in the same ball park price wise. Shit, if you're rich definitely wait for the Hot Toys.

I mean Hot Toys not Sideshow but I was kidding. Figuarts is a nice step up without spending $200+.

This is amazing. OMG

So was there footage at Target? I'm guessing not.

I went to Force Friday but my TRU didn't get enough good stuff so I only left with Finn and some Jurassic World toys. I really wanted BB-8 or some Black Series, but they didn't have either. Ah well, free poster!

Yeah, my Toys r Us didn't have enough of anything. It was crazy how unprepared they were. Just really really strange.
Went to Walmart and there was no one there and full stock of everything.

They can't put together a trailer in addition to the merchandise?

They have put together a trailer. They might not feel like throwing it on the pile is the best move for either the toy party OR the commercial's reception.

Dropping it at midnight is probably not a good call, regardless, because it won't blow the fuck up the same way it would at 10am.

thebeeks

Banned
Got my First Order Tie and a 3.75-incher Finn. Really wanted one of the black and orange X-wings, but the TRU I was at never got any, so I ordered one on Amazon.

Might head over to Target tomorrow (our Target didn't open at midnight) to see if they have one.

An unexpected thing came up at the last minute so I had less funds to spend than I had planned. So instead of the $30 light up one I wanted (along with several other things), I ended up just getting this $12 lightsaber:

Z9XgEBT.jpg

GG37win.jpg

I know it's a kids toy but I still love it. I only wish the side blades were a tad longer.

G-Fex

The guy on the intercom said 'Be like Han Solo and get your first shot in on Star Wars toys'

I can't I can't I can't

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They had me work the midnight release at my Walmart. Only maybe 5 people showed up, one of the dudes bought like $700 worth of stuff, though.

I took the opportunity to add to my Stormtrooper collection:
vpfewkA.jpg

Rather disappointed with the articulation on the Black Series one. The series doesn't tend to have amazing articulation, but my BS Original Trilogy Stormtrooper can at least bend its arm 90 degrees. This one's can bend maybe 45 degrees, so he's either got to stiff-arm his gun out or hold it dangling to the side, 'gun at the ready' patrol poses are a no-go.

Same deal really with the 3.75. No articulation at all on these things. Flametrooper can't even stand by itself without leaning way too forward like a putz. What the fuck's going on with US toys anyway? Shit's been getting more and more cheaply made in the past couple years, for worse prices.

I got my Black Series Kylo Ren, the 3.75" Phasma and Stormtrooper, Black Series Stormtrooper for my brother, and the Furbee Furbacca for my sister. Spent $101.42 and I like to think I was behaving. Still wish I got the Black Series Phasma though, but Target ran out.

Snaku

Banned

Got my preorder in for Kylo, Stormie, and Obi-Wan. Now I can sleep for three hours before work.

sphagnum

Banned
About 1/3 through Aftermath so far. I like it but I feel like the Norra and Jas sections bog it down. I'd rather it just focused on Rae Sloane and the interludes really. Sinjir's sections are enjoyable too.

Wait guys how do pre orders work for ami ami? They didn't charge me or ask for payment method but I got a order confirmation

Top Bottom