• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Hex

Banned
If they do not have a BB-8 at the Disney Store when I go I will just order it from the site.
Something about that tactile thing (plus 10% off with Disney Debit card), but mainly I am just going for the button lol.

Ashodin

I love the fact the droid learns the layout of your house and can roam around on its own. My cats will have a field day

NoRéN

If they do not have a BB-8 at the Disney Store when I go I will just order it from the site.
Something about that tactile thing (plus 10% off with Disney Debit card), but mainly I am just going for the button lol.
They better have it in store.

RobbieNick

UGH! What a disaster.

So I work at a Wal-Mart and I'm off at 11. There's no one in line. However, I've been helping put together the toys all day and have noticed there's NO Star Wars action figures in the new stock along with some other toys. Ends up that order is a day late. I'm like "Oh well, I have a $10 off a $50 order coupon for Target and can just go there!" So I go to my local Target and fail to realize that only PARTICIPATING Targets are open for the sale. So I think "Toys R Us?" Go by there and find a line going well around the building with at least 100 people. "FUCK THAT!" I go to another local Wal-Mart and behold! They have the action figures....and let everyone ransack it well before midnight.

I did manage to walk away with four of the $7 figures. Rey, Finn, Poe and a Stormtrooper. Both Wal-Marts gave out Star Wars cupcakes to those in line so I really gotta give them credit for that. (If my store only hadn't fucked up on the order.) I went back to the TrU on my way home for curiosity's sake and it was as packed as Black Friday. No figures or ships of any kind were left and less know folks were even grabbing the playskool SW Toys that have been out for months. I made the right decision leaving that line.

BTW, are there any Captain Phasma's or BB-8's in the $7 action figure line? I really want a Phasma!

WANT-A PHASMA! DON'T YOU WANNA? WANT-A PHASMA! DON'T YOU WANNA?

Sorry.

Sawneeks

Banned
Never go to Toys R Us for an opening like this. Nice setups and everything but a complete lack of most items. Didn't help that the first 20 people inside ransacked the Black Series and normal figures leaving literally nothing behind.

Never go to Toys R Us for an opening like this. Nice setups and everything but a complete lack of most items. Didn't help that the first 20 people inside ransacked the Black Series and normal figures leaving literally nothing behind.

Same story at mine. Toys R Us was really unprepared (how is this possible)

I went to one of the Target midnight release stores. I left with a mug of the new stormtrooper and a mr. Potato head stormtrooper...everything else was gone.... I just wanted the new xwing... And the black series stormtrooper . Target was a mess and only had what could hang on the rack( 10 maybe) ... Very disappointed. Oh well.

RobbieNick

Wondering if I should wake up early to try for Captain Phasma at Target or save my sleep and just see if I can nab one at work when the stock comes in tomorrow.

I did my part and got a 12 inch Finn action figure and a Kylo Ren extentable lightsaber...now to buy a Rey action figure and her Jakku vehicle

S1kkZ

any impressions on the diecast disneystore exclusive figures? i want to buy some stuff but not spend too much money. the figures a 25€ a piece in the german store, which seems ok.

Moff

Just checked Franz Carl Weber and they actually have a notice that they'll have Force Friday.
http://www.fcw.ch/startseite/newsdetail/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=162&cHash=2d3cdcf9fb3f48ad86900fd1b7ab633e

there's also some weird notice for toys R us but it doesn't mention anything about the force awakens. I'll check out media markt for the BB8 and TRU and FCW for the rest, they are close together and if they don't have anything I won't bother anymore.

I haven't bought Lego in a while but do some of the prices, Euro anyway, seem a bit high?

The Falcon fair enough but Poe's X-Wing, First Order Transport and Snow Speeder seem very expensive.

Metalmarc

Okay I ordered £66.75 worth of merch off Disney.co.uk this morning (no the order 66 was reference amount was not intentional lol )

I may spend more in toys r us later

Amalthea

Banned
there's also some weird notice for toys R us but it doesn't mention anything about the force awakens. I'll check out media markt for the BB8 and TRU and FCW for the rest, they are close together and if they don't have anything I won't bother anymore.
Isn't it always like this for a lot of merchandise? If we get anything at all we recieve only a limited selection of stuff normally a month after every other country got it. But of course we have to pay two or three times as much.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well that was fun. I ordered so much stuff today it was insane. Also met a ton of cool people at the event. I even bumped into Shartimus Prime who was there to pick up some stuff. Next time you see him review some TFA items it probably came from my Target :p

LEGO Poe Dameron's X-Wing and Rey' Speeder (Target)
LEGO all the rest of TFA sets such as Falcon, etc. (shop.lego.com)
I got a Kylo Ren Force FX Saber
Sphero BB-8
All 5 Wave 1 Hasbro Black Series 6" figures
Kylo Ren mask
bunch of POPs
Toys R Us exclusive snowtrooper officer (this one is actually a pre-order for Oct)
amiami.com order for Figuarts Kylo Ren, First Order Stormtrooper. Movie Realization Vader (the new update to it with the thing on his forehead hah)

Still on the fence about:
Figuarts Obi Wan (should I...???)

8TalDbB.jpg

My haul from last night and this morning. I was first in line this morning and some fucker ran ahead of me a snagged the only black series trooper.

Rootbeer

Banned
I woke up just now.

Should I head out?

East coast.

Need that BB-8. Don't even know where I should head.

BB-8 at best buy but you better be there early. Could sell fast. Or wait for restocks on amazon or the other stores carrying it. thinkgeek also had it.

Zombine

Banned
For those who went out; were there any kids around at the midnight event? I always feel awful when a bunch us grown ass adults are ransacking shit like plastic light sabers and figures that should be giving kids memories instead. Not saying we should feel as if we aren't included in Star Wars merch (let's be honest, this is a very adult event in terms of how they release the product) but I remember those Episode I days when I was a kid and I had to go to CVS to find Darth Maul because all of the Toys R Us stores and Kay Bee Toys were ransacked by adults.

Hex

Banned
For those who went out; were there any kids around at the midnight event? I always feel awful when a bunch us grown ass adults are ransacking shit like plastic light sabers and figures that should be giving kids memories instead. Not saying we should feel as if we aren't included in Star Wars merch (let's be honest, this is a very adult event in terms of how they release the product) but I remember those Episode I days when I was a kid and I had to go to CVS to find Darth Maul because all of the Toys R Us stores and Kay Bee Toys were ransacked by adults.
In my experience kids are not usually hawkeyeing for certain 20 dollar plus figures, the are generally up for anything with that character. That being said also the midnight releases are adult based but good for kids too. Oddly enough I have seen people use kids to get sympathy at these things. (I know because the guy has no kids and is a known scalper for one of the local comic shops). But kids have a blast too. My friends and I were talking about how it was a little sad because you could feel the influence of online retail and while it was fun it was nothing like it used to be.

Zombine

Banned
In my experience kids are not usually hawkeyeing for certain 20 dollar plus figures, the are generally up for anything with that character. That being said also the midnight releases are adult based but good for kids too. Oddly enough I have seen people use kids to get sympathy at these things. (I know because the guy has no kids and is a known scalper for one of the local comic shops). But kids have a blast too. My friends and I were talking about how it was a little sad because you could feel the influence of online retail and while it was fun it was nothing like it used to be.

That's really awful but I believe it lol. People are ruthless on Force Friday. I remember that while I was in CVS and had Darth Maul in my hands, some dude tried to get me to "show" it to him.

Lach

FYI. FCW (Zürich) didn't really have a lot of stuff available. Half of it was Star Wars Rebels.
Ordered the Sphero BB8 now on galaxus.ch

Rootbeer

Banned
For everyone wanting the black series Phasma you should look into the elite series for $5 more. It's diecast.

http://m.disneystore.com/action-fig...ar-wars-the-force-awakens/mp/1383220/1000255/

I would not be so quick to recommend these over the black series 6" figures

watch this review and then honestly tell me they are better

https://youtu.be/StiNjmjX9AE?t=1435

(I did order phasma earlier tonight though... just as a 'tester' to see if I might want to buy more from this line.)

antonz

The problem that review has is addressed by their own thing. Die Cast doesn't make a good play with action figure. These Elite's are intended as a collector thing. Hence why the thing they opened was a 500 of them in the world thing with a very nice display box

There was two kids at the Toys r us I went to.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So is that Millenium Falcon quadcopter actually available? That and the X-Wing are 2 things I've not seen online in the UK.

Top Bottom