• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

I think this turned out pretty good.

0904150712b_zpsd9ev0fnb.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
6" Black Series Wave 2 in Oct. Wave 3 Nov. Wave 4 Dec. Probably near start of month for each wave. This is a rough estimate though.

check bigbadtoystore.com for the case assortment breakdowns. There are some repacks but each wave has 2 to 4 new figs.

Here is Wave 2 breakdown of a case:
Case contains 6 individually packaged action figures:
1x Captian Phasma
1x Constable Zuvio
1x Finn (Jakku)
1x Guavian
1x Poe Dameron (Pilot)
1x First Order Stormtrooper
(subject to change)
Wave 3:
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1x SW E7 RESISTANCE TROOPER
1x SW E7 FINN JAKKU
1x SW E7 REY JAKKU AND BB-8
1x SW E7 KYLO REN
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER
Wave 4:
SW E7 FIRST ORDER SNOWTROOPER
SW E7 X WING PILOT ASTY
SW E7 FIRST ORDER GENERAL HUX
Other Figures from Previous Waves - Details Not Yet Determined.

Yarbskoo

Stopped by the Walmart toy department on my lunch break. I wasn't really interested in any of the character figures, but some of the vehicles were interesting. The Micro Machines brought back some memories, though I could have sworn the ones I picked up as a kid had a better paint job. Some of the Black Series ships were neat, but still not as cool as Action Fleet. I briefly considered picking up the remote control Millennium Falcon, but I just couldn't justify paying 88 dollars for such a fragile Falcon.

I did get a Star Wars cupcake with a cute little Vader ring thing. So there's that.

looks great, which phasma is this? black series?

I went to Disney /Elite.

Seemed like most stuff at Disney had a special Disney Store branding on it so I'm not sure how much is actually exclusive.

Is the light up/sound effect Kylo Ren saber available anywhere else?

Just curious but has anyone found a Sphero BB-8 at an Apple Store? I have a preorder at the Disney Store online but I'm debating a stop at Apple this morning since it's right next to work.

6" Black Series Wave 2 in Oct. Wave 3 Nov. Wave 4 Dec. Probably near start of month for each wave. This is a rough estimate though.

check bigbadtoystore.com for the case assortment breakdowns. There are some repacks but each wave has 2 to 4 new figs.

So Phasma is next wave? I'm gonna need me some of that Hux too. Plenty of chances to get a trooper now. There's none on Amazon when I last checked.

Also Kylo Ren is the #1 toy on Amazon right now.

rhino4evr

Just curious but has anyone found a Sphero BB-8 at an Apple Store? I have a preorder at the Disney Store online but I'm debating a stop at Apple this morning since it's right next to work.

The thing is sold out everywhere and you want to cancel your order in hopes to get it a few days earlier? You've already won the battle. Why not sit back and wait for your reward?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Every Best Buy in my area has BB-8 available for pick-up. It's worth checking if you can't find one elsewhere.

I went to Disney /Elite.

Seemed like most stuff at Disney had a special Disney Store branding on it so I'm not sure how much is actually exclusive.

Is the light up/sound effect Kylo Ren saber available anywhere else?
The guy at the Disney said most of the stuff they had is exclusive to them which seems like it cause most of everything I didn't see anywhere else

The thing is sold out everywhere and you want to cancel your order in hopes to get it a few days earlier? You've already won the battle. Why not sit back and wait for your reward?
Because I have bad impulse control. And if I get another maybe I can help out someone here! Plus I figure people aren't thinking of the Apple Store as a place participating in Force Friday so there might be a shot....

And finally? I want to drive it around the office this morning and bug people.

So I guess my Meijer put out the wave 2 stuff then and wasn't supposed to? Went through just fine at checkout.

Yarbskoo

Am I crazy for thinking these 1994-ish micro machines look better than the new ones? Is it just nostalgia?
VoOSXfz.png

Just look at all the tiny little details on that Falcon.
lQDaiTm.png

It is the first book set after the movies so you are all set. The others are set before Original Trilogy so far

I just read an interview with Wendig where they mentioned a character from A New Dawn makes an appearance in Aftermath. Probably not a big deal to be familiar with this person though.

Just played with my BB8. Nice Apple-style premium packaging btw!

Pushed the "accelerate" button and he took off across the room and ran directly into our robot vacuum cleaner which then disconnected from its wall charger and proceeded to do its thing. What a brilliant moment!

Resseh

Im getting a BB8 for my birthday. I love robots. Whats the robot vacuum cleaner like? do they work well - we have dogs and they shed a buttload of hair

BFIB

Slow work day, was planning on picking up Aftermath hardcover. Just ordered it on my Kindle.

The thirst is real.

I just read an interview with Wendig where they mentioned a character from A New Dawn makes an appearance in Aftermath. Probably not a big deal to be familiar with this person though.
It's not a big deal, but I'm glad I read A New Dawn first. It's
Admiral Sloan, and she makes a reference to Count Vidian "forget the old ways indeed" or something like that
it was in the first or second chapter. I'm listening to the Audio book now.

Experien

Am I crazy for thinking these 1994-ish micro machines look better than the new ones? Is it just nostalgia?
VoOSXfz.png

lQDaiTm.png

Nah, Disney is making cheaper toys. I was a HUGE fan of the MM playsets as kids and was scared when I saw they were making new ones (cause I'd want them all) but they look cheap and look poorly made. I respect they are trying to reproduce that but they aren't putting as much quality.

tl;dr I'm not surprised that older MMs look better.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Probably not. The quality of mass-produced US toys seems to have really fallen in the gutter in the past few years.

Samus4145

VoOSXfz.png

lQDaiTm.png

I saw the pics before reading and was like, "that looks like the ones I had as a kid."

yeah, they are so much better than the new ones.

Samus4145

Are there any stores online that still have BB8's?

Try Bed bath and beyond?

Barnes & Noble I think is sold out online, but stores should have them. Just came back and they didn't even open the boxes in the back. After 15 mins the guy came out with one and said there were only 2.

slimfitcasual

Neo Member
Looks in stock at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sphero-...hite/4316601.p?id=1219726336859&skuId=4316601

and Sphero: http://store.sphero.com/products/bb-8-by-sphero

Stopped by the Apple Store and was told they had them when I walked in and was directed to the appropriate section. Got there, told they were sold out. Wah wah.

BB&B:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...4597504/?icid=homepage_herocarousel1-homepage

Was hoping I could use one of the many 20% off coupons they've sent me, no dice.

It's not a big deal, but I'm glad I read A New Dawn first. It's
Admiral Sloan, and she makes a reference to Count Vidian "forget the old ways indeed" or something like that
it was in the first or second chapter. I'm listening to the Audio book now.

I know the Rise of the Empire compilation book (which features Tarkin and A New Dawn) will also feature a short story with this character that
takes place during the Battle of Endor

Sephzilla

The closest Best Buy to me has Sphero BB8s in stock. Now comes the painful gauntlet of trying to wait out the the work day and trying to get one after that.

Something about how today is going is rubbing me the wrong way.

Woke up early to hit Target, and arrived to see them putting out the X-wing Miniatures starters, which is exactly what I wanted, and likewise some of the figures.

A disgusting monster of filth and fedora moves in, and literally pushes the Target employee out of the way, and shoves the entire stock of X-wing and as many figures as he could grab indiscriminently, into his cart.

So yeah, I was hoping to get into the spirit of the day, and maybe have fun making a memory... I guess I did.

Incidentally, for anyone SANE looking for X-wing Force Awakens starters... Miniaturesmarket.com put their orders up, and they're $24. Save yourself the trip, and 40% off retail, and just go there.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ordered a BB-8 for in-store pickup at BBY, but not positive I'm going to keep it.

Top Bottom