• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Something about how today is going is rubbing me the wrong way.

Woke up early to hit Target, and arrived to see them putting out the X-wing Miniatures starters, which is exactly what I wanted, and likewise some of the figures.

A disgusting monster of filth and fedora moves in, and literally pushes the Target employee out of the way, and shoves the entire stock of X-wing and as many figures as he could grab indiscriminently, into his cart.

So yeah, I was hoping to get into the spirit of the day, and maybe have fun making a memory... I guess I did.

Incidentally, for anyone SANE looking for X-wing Force Awakens starters... Miniaturesmarket.com put their orders up, and they're $24. Save yourself the trip, and 40% off retail, and just go there.
Well you just saved me a trip to target. I was going to head there after work and look for this set. Thank you.

Koriandrr

I heard someone in the UK Disney Store already spent £2000 on merch.
I'm about to head to join the hype in 3 hours after work. Will report with photos.

spookyfish

Woke up early to hit Target, and arrived to see them putting out the X-wing Miniatures starters, which is exactly what I wanted, and likewise some of the figures.

A disgusting monster of filth and fedora moves in, and literally pushes the Target employee out of the way, and shoves the entire stock of X-wing and as many figures as he could grab indiscriminently, into his cart.

So yeah, I was hoping to get into the spirit of the day, and maybe have fun making a memory... I guess I did.

Incidentally, for anyone SANE looking for X-wing Force Awakens starters... Miniaturesmarket.com put their orders up, and they're $24. Save yourself the trip, and 40% off retail, and just go there.

This is pretty much what has stopped me from collecting nowadays.

Today was a good day. Like mentioned earlier, I snagged the last BB-8 from my local Disney Store here in Sheffield. :D

Ni9dWDFl.jpg

BB-8 for myself, Captain Phasma for my gf, plus a free pin for buying SW stuff. We've had a blast with it at work, hah.

//ARCANUM

Man that sucks, I'm so sorry. Honestly that employee is partly to blame. He/she could easily say "excuse me sir, you may NOT do that. You are allowed one of each item. That's it. If you don't like it, leave.". It's a very easy thing for an employee to enforce. Shame.

//ARCANUM

My fiancé just picked up our Sphero BB-8 from Bed Bath and Beyond that we bought last night around 11pm and selected in store pickup. It was the last one they had (all were claimed for in store pickup).

Anyone seen an unboxing of the Target exclusive Hasbro version? The RC one? Curious what it looks like. I had it in my hands at Target last night and put it back since we got the Sphero, but still curious.

Moff

FYI. FCW (Zürich) didn't really have a lot of stuff available. Half of it was Star Wars Rebels.
Ordered the Sphero BB8 now on galaxus.ch

toys r us had quite a lot, black series, micro machines, tons of the new lego sets, nerf and a lot more. but no bb8, none of the drones and the black series was basically sold out, i wanted a trooper and it was gone, although I am not sure if they had those in the first place.

Oh boy, didn't end up going anywhere last night. Some of the anecdotes ITT have me worried. I really don't want anything fancy or limited, just some of the basic figures of the new characters and maybe a plastic lightsaber or two.

My experience with Star Wars action figures is that they are everywhere. Surely, if I just want the basic figurines, I'll be able to stroll in and buy them within the next month or two, right? Or are these things going to be the next Amiibos?

-griffy-

Banned
Gonna head out to Barnes and Noble here in a minute, then maybe stop by Apple Store. Probably hit Target after work just to see the aftermath.

Tucah

you speak so well
Ended up getting a Black Arts Kylo and a BB-8 Pop. The Sphero is super tempting but I don't know if I want to drop $150. Might scout some other stores later and see what else I want to grab.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sort of related to all of this stuff - but apparently there are Campell's Soups with Star Wars characters on them... are they in Canada?

Ran Ran

Anybody have any idea where to order a Black Series 6' First Order Storm Trooper at? I couldn't get one last night because they were already taken and I haven't been able to find one anywhere else.

Ended up getting a Black Arts Kylo and a BB-8 Pop. The Sphero is super tempting but I don't know if I want to drop $150. Might scout some other stores later and see what else I want to grab.
I should have got the bb8 pop. I saw it, but passed. When I went back for my second look at the stuff they were all gone. But I got Kylo and Phasma.

Briarios

I found the new version of X-Wing miniatures game at Target with the new ships and character cards. Had no idea it was even coming out!

MrChom

Anyone who does that kind of stuff is a douchecanoe, and exactly why things like this should be done as "Limit, 2 per customer" (Being generous, one for you, one for a friend)

Dragoshi1

I bought a regular figure of the Storm Trooper and a Captain Phasma, both the last of the character in the store, and I bought the original trilogy on blu ray/ dvd combo, since I've never seen them.

Also got a first order tie fighter hotwheel thing. Came with a finger stand for swooshing purposes.

I just want a lightsaber, and then I have completed a childhood I never got to experience with Star Wars.

G-Fex

So what I've sumrised from seeing a bunch of shit still left there this morning is.

No one really gives two fucks about this movie or it's toys.

It'll flop probably and not make any BO money. Not break any records.

It'll be a mediocre movie.

and that's ok with me.

Oh boy, didn't end up going anywhere last night. Some of the anecdotes ITT have me worried. I really don't want anything fancy or limited, just some of the basic figures of the new characters and maybe a plastic lightsaber or two.

My experience with Star Wars action figures is that they are everywhere. Surely, if I just want the basic figurines, I'll be able to stroll in and buy them within the next month or two, right? Or are these things going to be the next Amiibos?

You will have literally the next decade to get whatever basic dudes you want. I think it's already been said in this thread, but this whole thing was a made up marketing gimmick to get people to rush into stores. I still had fun with the spectacle of them turning on the lights at the store just as they start to blare the main theme over the mall speakers.

I'm actually holding off the sphero BB8 until closer to Christmas to see if it gets cheaper.

Star Wars fans are terrible.

So what I've sumrised from seeing a bunch of shit still left there this morning is.

and that's ok with me.

what the hell?

//ARCANUM

The Target I went to had a serious lack of Black Series figures. Like very very very very few. I was 5th in line and all I got was a Kylo Ren. Craziness. That was disappointing. But overall I got most of what I want between Target, Walmart, even walgreens (lol) and Amazon + Bed Bath and Beyond.

Btw, my super talented friend Jacob wrote this article about the experience. (I'm the Paul in the article):

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-force-friday-notes/

Sephzilla

and that's ok with me.

dnIB4XD.gif

Man that sucks, I'm so sorry. Honestly that employee is partly to blame. He/she could easily say "excuse me sir, you may NOT do that. You are allowed one of each item. That's it. If you don't like it, leave.". It's a very easy thing for an employee to enforce. Shame.

I think I might have under-sold it, as this gross neckbeard, legitimately pushed over the, then squatting, employee, who was right in the middle of stocking.

He was like a slimy, ninja, who did the move, and was off within, I kid you not, ten seconds.

Trust me, the employee was in the right to have the guy outright thrown out, and probably would've said something if ole' slippery hadn't been in and out that quickly.

Fox Mulder

I've done store pickup twice, and both times, it was a total cluster. Never again.

Yep, they lazily leave orders out on the floor until you show up. Target actually requires scanning a customer's item into a pick up hold location to complete the order.

and that's ok with me.

Uh...

what

Mariolee

and that's ok with me.

1386249086804.png

Top Bottom