• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Paganmoon

Are the prices at Disney Store UK same online as in the stores? Debating ordering the BB8 and X-wing diecast from Swedish Disneystore or waiting 'till I'm in Liverpool in 3 weeks and getting it there.

Then again, chances of everything being sold out?

And a question, the Millenium Falcon drone, was it only available on the US Amazon? Couldn't find it anywhere else, and when I checked a few hours ago, it said they didn't ship to Sweden.

Are the prices at Disney Store UK same online as in the stores? Debating ordering the BB8 and X-wing diecast from Swedish Disneystore or waiting 'till I'm in Liverpool in 3 weeks and getting it there.

And a question, the Millenium Falcon drone, was it only available on the US Amazon? Couldn't find it anywhere else, and when I checked a few hours ago, it said they didn't ship to Sweden.

Disney Store UK prices were the same online as the ones I saw in store today. Probably best to get it online for peace of mind. Sphero BB-8s went out quick over here as I got the last one during lunch time.

I bought a signed copy though their online store for $21. Should be around the same

thanks man I ended up just grabbing it at Walmart since it was closer to work.

Here is my tiny little haul.

23qrV54.jpg

Dragoshi1

NeoGaf to my aid!

I'm having trouble finding the 31 inch first order storm trooper. I've checked online a few places and can only find Kylo Ren. Is it exclusive to anyone?
That's the big one, right? Saw a bunch at Target, but not in the toy aisle, it was in the seasonal area with other stuff.

-griffy-

Banned
That's the big one, right? Saw a bunch at Target, but not in the toy aisle, it was in the seasonal area with other stuff.

Yeah this should be pointed out for people stopping by. They have a whole aisle in the toy section for new stuff, but also the seasonal area is devoted to it too, where the back to school stuff would have just been.

Metalmarc

Prices are same online Disney store UK, as they are in store, couldn't tell you what it will be like in 3 weeks though, here in the UK, we don't seemed to be as hyped as America.
But in 3 weeks maybe stuff will sell out especially if a new trailer comes out by then

Sephzilla

Best Buy still has BB8 listed in stock at my closest Best Buy. That Best Buy is about 20 minutes away though and it would be a 40-45 minute roundtrip

the temptation to go during my lunch break is tempting

Paganmoon

Prices are same online Disney store UK, as they are in store, couldn't tell you what it will be like in 3 weeks though, here in the UK, we don't seemed to be as hyped as America.
But in 3 weeks maybe stuff will sell out especially if a new trailer comes out by then

Disney Store UK prices were the same online as the ones I saw in store today. Probably best to get it online for peace of mind. Sphero BB-8s went out quick over here as I got the last one during lunch time.

Thanks, setting up my order now, though I noticed, Swedish store doesn't have the Sphero BB-8. Guess the normal one will have to do.

Wow. Just got in from one of the only five TRU in the UK doing the midnight opening (not London).

Absolutely pathetic.

They had TWO Black series Kylo and TWO black series troopers. So you'd think that the first two guys in line would have got those yes? They told us that they were pretty much only there for the black series.

No. They went to the cosplay stormtroopers who were allowed in the store before the fans who had queued up for 5 hours in the rain.

Very poor form.

The rest of the display was tiny as well. For such a hyped event it was a real letdown.

Personally, I was there more for the group spirit, and had a good time in the line chatting with fellow fans. But the hard core collectors were seriously annoyed, and I can empathize.

Was this the Bristol one? If so, I'm glad I didn't bother.

Got to say I actually quite like Finn's American accent. A lot of his lines sound pretty funny.

So can I have some Gaf impressions of BB 88? We won't be playing with ours until Xmas morning.

It is neat so far. I haven't really delved into the special things it does yet outside of just driving it around my living room. Control can be a little wonky, but I guess that is to be expected from a gyro ball. I'm going to bring it to work today to see if it controls better on thin carpet vs the hard wood floors I have at home. I do wish it lit up a bit more. I think it lights up when in patrol mode, but I'm afraid of it crashing into things. I did that mode for a few seconds and it rammed full speed into a wall and the head fell off.

HUELEN10

So can I have some Gaf impressions of BB 88? We won't be playing with ours until Xmas morning.
They pulled a Nintendo and didn't include a power supply. Other than that, the little guy has the moves and the skills to pay the bills. He is a tad noisy, so he may scare your kitty or chinchilla. I am trying to make mine groove to Tupac.

Got off work and waited outside my own target. Was second in "line" but my ETL's shitty planning didn't account for any group of people and I lost all two of our Series Black Kylo's. Oh well, I peer pressured one of my coworkers into buying his Light Saber though ;3

$200, you better enjoy it Greg. If you didn't buy it, I would have.

Sephzilla

They pulled a Nintendo and didn't include a power supply. Other than that, the little guy has the moves and the skills to pay the bills. He is a tad noisy, so he may scare your kitty or chinchilla. I am trying to make mine groove to Tupac.

No they didn't. If they pulled a Nintendo there would be no USB cable at all.

So, don't buy one of these cause they're not going to be fun to play with at all. But, I do like for $10 it gives an imposing look even for a shampoo bottle.

LTzLhXzl.jpg

Other stuff:

Ordered the die-cast Kylo Shuttle and Black Squadron X-Wing from DisneyStore
Last night, ordered 3.75 Phasma and Black Series Kylo from Amazon along with all the new Titanium Series vehicles
Target this morning I got some coloring books for my kids, Rey's Speeder Lego and a Kylo Ren head mug. And a couple blind buy Micro Machine packs.
Have Aftermath and the 3 Han, Luke, Leia books incoming.

Re-reading this note, I'm discovering i apparently really like Kylo Ren. Hmm.

Hahaha. So I decided to make a run during my lunch break to pick up the lightsabers that I was denied on Wednesday.... Didn't have my debit card or any cash on me.

I'm glad I wasn't after a rare item and had the last one in my hand when that happened.

Managed to pick up the lego millennium falcon at the 2nd Target I checked. Will give it to my son for xmas. Ordered the BB8 from Best Buy. They say it will arrive next week. That will be plenty of time to read impressions about it and see if it is worth the hype.

Target was limiting all Star Wars purchases to just 4 items. So that was making it really hard for people to get the $10 off $50/$25 off $100. Didn't apply to lego either so that was a bummer. I am sure my kid will be happy come xmas though. So it was worth it.

Managed to pick up the lego millennium falcon at the 2nd Target I checked. Will give it to my son for xmas. Ordered the BB8 from Best Buy. They say it will arrive next week. That will be plenty of time to read impressions about it and see if it is worth the hype.

Target was limiting all Star Wars purchases to just 4 items. So that was making it really hard for people to get the $10 off $50/$25 off $100. Didn't apply to lego either so that was a bummer. I am sure my kid will be happy come xmas though. So it was worth it.

I've always wanted a LEGO Falcon. £130 though...

MattyG

Banned
So how easy are most of these things going to be to get? I've seen scalpers selling stuff for like $80, so I wanted to get a bunch of stuff today (mostly action figures and stuff), but I kind of have to wait a bit.

Picked up the Elite Series Flametrooper, Finn and Stormtrooper from the Disney store. Honestly think these are much nicer than the 6 inch black series figures. The only drawback is the screws on the back of the figures, but they don't really bother me.

-griffy-

Banned

It's cool and totally adorable, works exactly as they advertised. Really fun to drive it around and make him do different expressions. The app is incredibly well made and easy to use, so that's a definite plus.

It's a bit disappointing that the droid itself doesn't emit the sound effects though, rather they come from the device running your app (I could see a revised version coming out at some point that includes a speaker on the head unit). The other thing is the body is a totally smooth surface with the art just printed on, so it's not really as accurate to the film prop/puppet as the cheaper Hasbro/Target version is as far as looks (though I'd wager it's far more durable because of that, as it's an entirely sealed, smooth ball with no openings).

The tech is really cool, but it is essentially nothing but a pricey novelty so just consider that before you shell out. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it so I'm not regretting the snap purchase. (I just hope the film ends up being great too so it's a more justified purchase on my part!)

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it so I'm not regretting the snap purchase. (I just hope the film ends up being great too so it's a more justified purchase on my part!)

I'm with you, and could get it, and had it in my hands, then decided to blow the $150 on Lego instead. I could just see the novelty wearing off pretty quickly.

Even though BB-8 is clearly a mainstream star in the making. And it looks rad.

Chairhome

Kids are staying with the in laws tonight, convincing my wife we should go to Disney world for a date... And maybe stop by one of the stores :)

Ruze789

I thought the boxes upon boxes upon boxes of packed-up Star Wars toys and vehicles I have in storage would be enough to dissuade me from needing the new stuff. But I think I need that new stuff.

I will definitely be stopping at a store or two on my way home and seeing what Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren goodness I can still get.

womp

I am home with a bronchial infection so I am missing out of the Force Friday festivities. My wife and son were out and about though and came home with these...

A Build A Bear Chewbacca for him and she grabbed me a TIE Pilot. The figures were pretty picked clean but I am a sucker for TIE Pilots. :)

Chewbacca is really cool!

IMAG2179.jpg

Meowster

I didn't get any of the figures but I went to Target and got two huge posters of Rey and the general cast of the movie, a nicer thick poster board of the original Star Wars theatrical art, and three shirts from Walmart. The shirts at Walmart are much better than Target.

womp

As a side note, has anyone seen those new Topps trading cards that were supposed to be out today? I tried calling some comic book shops in the area and no go...neither did my wife have any luck at TRU or Target...

Sucks, I was really looking forward to a few packs today. :(

curb

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing what's left at my local TRU when I go in to see about getting an Ezra Disney Infinity figure this weekend.

As a side note, has anyone seen those new Topps trading cards that were supposed to be out today? I tried calling some comic book shops in the area and no go...neither did my wife have any luck at TRU or Target...

Sucks, I was really looking forward to a few packs today. :(

Looking on Blowout, they have the release date for blasters and hobby boxes as Sept 16. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...15-topps-star-wars-journey-force-awakens.html

Top Bottom