• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

//ARCANUM

I think I might have under-sold it, as this gross neckbeard, legitimately pushed over the, then squatting, employee, who was right in the middle of stocking.

He was like a slimy, ninja, who did the move, and was off within, I kid you not, ten seconds.

Trust me, the employee was in the right to have the guy outright thrown out, and probably would've said something if ole' slippery hadn't been in and out that quickly.

Wow, so gross. I'm sorry for your experience.

Star Wars fans are terrible.

So what I've sumrised from seeing a bunch of shit still left there this morning is.

No one really gives two fucks about this movie or it's toys.

It'll flop probably and not make any BO money. Not break any records.

It'll be a mediocre movie.

and that's ok with me.

j5P6D3g.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
So what I've sumrised from seeing a bunch of shit still left there this morning is.

No one really gives two fucks about this movie or it's toys.

It'll flop probably and not make any BO money. Not break any records.

It'll be a mediocre movie.

and that's ok with me.
Except virtually every store has been wiped out of action figures.

You do realize the top two most watched trailers of all time are the TFA teasers, right?

Went back out this morning to survey the damage. The figures are what seem to be selling the most around here and the 6" black series storm trooper is what appears to be going fastest, almost nowhere to be found. Lots of Kylo Ren though, I kind of figured he'd go fast too.

ghostmind

I found the new version of X-Wing miniatures game at Target with the new ships and character cards. Had no idea it was even coming out!

Check out the GAF X-Wing thread if you are interested. We keep on top of the new stuff, and have some interesting strategy discussions as well!

Cheebo

Banned
Action figures? They're dolls cheebo.

also LOL nobody bought a single box of Star Wars Monopoly
So you have a full stock of black series figures then eh?

And no they aren't dolls.

I notice you ignored the point about the record breaking teasers

Charcoal

Managed to grab a BB8, thanks Gaf!

Idk if these will ever be a thing, but I really hope some big, high quality statues come out eventually.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing I did for Force Friday was pre-ordering Aftermath... got it auto delivered to my Kindle and I'm going to start reading in a bit.

That BB-8 sphero looks amazing though... kind of want that.

Glad to see everyone having fun :)

-griffy-

Banned
After striking out at Barnes and Noble I went to the Apple Store and they had no idea what I was talking about. No awareness that new Star Wars stuff was coming in or anything. Was ready to go back to work having gone 0/2, empty handed and disappointed I didn't even get to lay my eyes on any new merchandise at all, so I turn around to leave and am greeted with this sight across the way:
2Jk6ljhl.jpg

Get closer and they have the Star Wars fanfare blasting, and they're playing The Force Awakens teasers on little portable projectors and everything. So of course I grabbed one dammit! I just got a raise, why the hell not?

8vjPeTQl.jpg

I picked up BB-8 from Best Buy this morning. I was the only person there and they actually went into the back to find one for me. Quick and easy!

Sponge

Banned
Went out to Gamestop a moment ago and they seem to only have gotten shipments of their exclusive Finn POP figure in. Anyone know what stores would have the commons? I don't wanna waste more gas and go to a store that doesn't have them.

Action figures? They're dolls cheebo.

also LOL nobody bought a single box of Star Wars Monopoly

I thought you were joking at first, but obviously starved for attention and it's not cute. If you don't like something, why go into a thread and complain about it?

Bye.

Measley

Eh, none of the items are really grabbing me. Probably going to wait until the movie drops and get the stuff that comes with that.

Really wish that BB8 was bigger.

Snagged the Millenium Falcon drone from Amazon this morning. Glad I did because it's sold out now.

Also went ahead and purchased BB8 for in-store pickup from Best Buy. Got the email confirmation that it's ready.

Pray for me, Gaf.

HUELEN10

Fucking BB-8 doesn't come with a power adapter...

150 bucks and they don't even supply a damned power adapter. Fuck...

I only managed to make it out of the store alive with a Black Series Finn figure. I wanted the Stormtrooper but the guy in front of me got the last one.

Cheebo

Banned
Huh? Apple's products come with power supplies, you're thinking Nintendo.

It most certainly does not, I emptied out the box. Comes with unit, inductive base, and cable, but no actual power supply.
it doesn't come with a USB cable for the base? It's supposed to.

All of Spheros products just come with a usb cable. Huelen, I find it hard to believe that you don't have extra adapters lying around, you're always buying new toys and electronics.

Boogie9IGN

Woke up early to head to Target, car battery is dead -_- Waiting on AAA for a jump, hoping I can make it to a store or two before my dentist appointment

Lmo911

NeoGaf to my aid!

I'm having trouble finding the 31 inch first order storm trooper. I've checked online a few places and can only find Kylo Ren. Is it exclusive to anyone?

Metalmarc

Walked into our Toys R Us, in the UK, practically everything available, only 2 or 3 figures sold out, or just not in stock yet, everything else was barely bought, looks like in my area no one cares. Mind you the older Star Wars stuff was hardly bothered with.

I only bought 2 pop vinyls, trying to limit myself £86.73 spent day one now.

Top Bottom