• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Sephzilla

I looked at the MF drone at Target but couldn't bring myself to pay $110 for stryofoam that I know I will crash repeatedly. It looks really cool though.

oh man i didnt know it was made from styrofoam. my hype for that suddenly sounds like the malfunctioning hyper drive

My Meijer was completely out of Black Series figures but a ton of the standard ones and a ton of Sphero BB-8s in those nice boxes.

I haven't been paying super close attention. Did a new trailer drop today, or is today all about "buy our stuff and we give you nothing"?

No, you get the stuff.

Metalmarc

IMG_20150904_185135578.jpg

my toys r us haul from today, waiting on the disneystore order to be processed.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Star Wars fans are terrible.

So what I've sumrised from seeing a bunch of shit still left there this morning is.

No one really gives two fucks about this movie or it's toys.

It'll flop probably and not make any BO money. Not break any records.

It'll be a mediocre movie.

and that's ok with me.

OnMaGoR.jpg

So what I've sumrised from seeing a bunch of shit still left there this morning is.

and that's ok with me.

I think someone might of gone too far in a few places.

ghostmind

As a side note, has anyone seen those new Topps trading cards that were supposed to be out today? I tried calling some comic book shops in the area and no go...neither did my wife have any luck at TRU or Target...

Sucks, I was really looking forward to a few packs today. :(

The hobby store release was pushed back to the 16th, however the retail version was supposed to be at the major chain stores for Force Friday - but I have yet to find one pack anywhere.

Briarios

So, I ended up with the Lost Stars & Aftermath books, the Rey Black Series figure, the Phasma elite figure, the minis game 2.0, and The Sphero BB-8.

So broke. Done for now, but happy with the haul.

Simo

Made a trip came back with small, yet expensive haul, in the Kylo Ren Black series 6" figure and Sphero BB-8 from Best Buy.

Wal-Mart had been ransacked with a few micromachines and 3.75" figures left along with 6" versions of Rey, Finn and Chewie. Went to Target where the toy aisle was destroyed lol with no 6" series in stock but they set up another Star Wars department in their seasonal section and someone must of at one point sat down their 6" Kylo and Rey to look at something so I swooped in and grabbed Kylo and took off like Arnie in Jingle All the Way. lol

Mofo

Picked up a BB-8 from Barnes & Noble. Love the little guy but don't like that you have to have the app open to keep him in patrol mode. And was I just dull to think that the droid itself would make the noises, not the app?

//ARCANUM

The one thing I've noticed across the board is that they had way way way too few figures of all kinds at ALL retailers. Black series stocks were laughably small and so few 3.75" figures. I was 5th in line at my Target and I never even saw a single Captain Phasma 3.75".

Picked up a BB-8 from Barnes & Noble. Love the little guy but don't like that you have to have the app open to keep him in patrol mode. And was I just dull to think that the droid itself would make the noises, not the app?

No, I assumed it would come from the droid too. That's lame.

stufte

I thought he'd make the sounds himself, but It's not a huge deal to me.

Faiz

Ugh, no, that's exactly what I expected too.

Sephzilla

This might have actually unsold me on the droid

and that's ok with me.

Turrible bait post.

-griffy-

Banned
Kylo out of the box. Good quality.

q1PV2vT.jpg

I'm still curious if there's anything significant to how his saber looks in these figures (with the crossguards connecting to the main blade), or if it's just a practicality thing of how the toy molds are put together.

EDIT: Huh, finally got around to reading the back of the box for the BB-8 Sphero and realized it says he's the loyal droid to Resistance pilot Poe Dameron, which is interesting considering we've only ever seen him on Jakku with Rey so far.

Ruze789

Heading to Target after work expecting a god damn wasteland. No toy is worth skipping work and school over but AGGHHH I want my Kylo Ren.

Haha this is exactly how I'm feeling now. I woke up this morning sort of looking forward to seeing some pictures, and now I'm counting down to the end of work.

I haven't felt this way about Star Wars merchandise in soooo long, it's pretty exciting.

Top Bottom