• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Blizzard

Banned
I might see an IMAX 2D showing as well, if such a thing exists. As far as I know the movie wasn't filmed in 3D so I'm fine with the 2D rendition.

The big thing that bothers me about IMAX is that the sound is SO mind-crushingly loud that it almost ruins movies for me, while I worry that it's further damaging my already bad hearing. :(

I think this will be the second movie soundtrack that I purchase, the first being the one for Guardians.

And thank god that the BB-8 Sphero isn't a limited release. Gotta save up for it.
Guardians was my third after the second and third Pirates of the Caribbean film OSTs. Looks like The Force Awakens will be my fourth.
Track2: Han Solo Shoots Last
Track 8: Finn picks up the lightsaber
Track 10: Yoda's Ghostly Return

I can see it now.......
Track 11: Jar Jar Returns
Track 12: It's Working!

Neoxon

Guardians was my third after the second and third Pirates of the Caribbean film OSTs. Looks like The Force Awakens will be my fourth.
Not bad, my friend. I'll probably pick up the soundtrack as a CD the day it's available. Of course, I may also set some money aside for cosplay on opening night.

Very nice haul Haloid1177!

I was on the fence for the BB-8 but when I finally made up my mind, Best Buy was sold out and Bed Bath & Beyond was $10 more and charged freight. Luckily I was able to order one through Chapters; last place I would have thought of having one.

Now the waiting game begins...

I had reserved mine in store at Best Buy, and when they pulled it they had four more back there so it seems to be pretty popular even locally which surprises me.

Boke1879

Just got the Black series figure or Ren and the Storm Trooper off amazing. I REALLY can't wait for wave 2. I really need that Phasma figure.

Congrats to all who got everything they wanted

Neoxon

Just got the Black series figure or Ren and the Storm Trooper off amazing. I REALLY can't wait for wave 2. I really need that Phasma figure.

Congrats to all who got everything they wanted
Oh god, her figure is gonna be amazing. Her Funko Pop figure already looks awesome.

bfwings55

Okay I saw a video where someone in a store was trying out a toy that was a TIE Fighter and a glove, and when the guy "force pushed" with his hand the ship fell apart. What is this and where can I find it? Didn't see it on Google.

Metalmarc

Yo where can I get that armored Finn in the US

according to reddit it in the US it's exclusive to gamestop

this is the info i took from their funko thread

76 - Stormtrooper Finn - GameStop Exclusive
Gamestop Exclusive, all the stores I know are getting 4 each in the first shipment.
Buy here
Should be eligible for ongoing B3G1 free Gamestop promo

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-star-wars-episode-vii-finn-stormtrooper-gear-bobblehead-gamestop-exclusive/121924

Question for the others with the Sphero BB-8:

Is there a way to have him move around while in the dock like he did prior to being synced with a phone? He kinda flashed lights and moved his head back and forth. But, as soon as he was all done syncing with my phone he stays perfectly still until I take him out of the dock and move him around on my own.

Gimme 'dat vinyl.
I'd get vinyl if I had a turntable, but I don't need one right now.
As for the IMAX, I would think if we were getting it in 3D, it would already be announced as such. I think its going to be all 2D showings.
According to Wikipedia, the film will be releasing in 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D... except there's no source and I don't remember anyone confirming any of this.

The only thing that is confirmed is release in the IMAX format and that the film will take over all IMAX cinemas.

Metalmarc

Okay I saw a video where someone in a store was trying out a toy that was a TIE Fighter and a glove, and when the guy "force pushed" with his hand the ship fell apart. What is this and where can I find it? Didn't see it on Google.

i can see the glove by googling, but not a tie fighter, maybe someone made that part of the video themselves? i.e custom made fall apart tie model??

the glove has magnets to enable you to force , push and pull

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed30/

OK so I ended up with two other things.

GZm2KD4.jpg

BP0UhPA.jpg

That shirt was too wicked to pass on.

And is the Star Destroyer rare or something? I barely saw any when I went around shopping. Of course it just might have been sold out everywhere, too.

I hope there will be 2D IMAX showings.

I'll second that. But seriously, regarding advance tickets for midnight showings with any premium seating at all, let alone IMAX: I'd wager heavily on a lottery which then requires the winners to enter an access code on a particular day on which the exact time the ticket sales open up is unknown.

We're in a different age of advance movie tickets than we were with the prequel trilogy.

Sobriquet

Picked up a BB-8 from Barnes & Noble. Love the little guy but don't like that you have to have the app open to keep him in patrol mode. And was I just dull to think that the droid itself would make the noises, not the app?

This kinda bums me out.

3N16MA

Banned
Disney Store was selling the Sphero BB-8 for $159.99 here in Canada while BB&B was charging $199.99 and BB $189.99. Can't even get the price correct.

I went to 3 stores looking for the YA books, but found nothing. I got Aftermath on Audiobook. I did pick up the original trilogy Shakespeare books while I was at Barnes and Noble.

rhino4evr

It looks like they made a ton of BB8s. I was worried it would suffer from severe shortages. They must have known they struck gold.

I went into Kmart randomly and there was nothing there except for that foam remote control xwing. All the figures were completely gone.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
I got a 3.75" Rey figure. I tracked a Captain Phasma down after calling 7 Targets. I might get Poe Dameron on EBay. I'm completely satisfied with the small figures along with everything else released. Maybe I'll splurge on a Black Series next wave.

MattyG

Banned
So which action figures should I get, the 3.75" ones, or the black series ones? I'm thinking 3.75" might be best simply to save money and shelf space, but I don't know about quality.

Edit: Shiiiiit, most of the figures I was going to order from Amazon are only available for like $40 from scalpers.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
So which action figures should I get, the 3.75" ones, or the black series ones? I'm thinking 3.75" might be best simply to save money and shelf space, but I don't know about quality.

Black Series is probably the best way to go if you want better quality, faces, etc. I'm going with 3.75 to save money. If I do a Black Series it'll be for one figure.

Edit: Shiiiiit, most of the figures I was going to order from Amazon are only available for like $40 from scalpers.

I always go with 3.75" but got called a child for choosing them over the black series in this thread yesterday.

Get whichever ones you like the best.

Make me bantha fodder if old:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Walmart_To_Become_Exclusive_334_Star_Wars_The_Black_Series_Home_165703.asp

WALMART IS ANNOUNCED AS THE NEW EXCLUSIVE U.S. HOME OF HASBRO’S STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 3 3/4-INCH FIGURES

The Collector-Favorite Line Will Feature Figures From the Saga Films and STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, Beginning on September 4

BENTONVILLE, AR, Sep. 4, 2015 – Walmart and Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) announced today that the retail giant will be the exclusive home of the fan-favorite STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 3 3/4-inch toy line in the U.S.

Starting on “Force Friday,” September 4, Walmart.com will begin selling the first wave and taking pre-orders on the second wave of the highly collectible toy line. Customers will find the product in stores beginning in October, making Walmart the only destination in the U.S. for fans looking for highly detailed, highly articulated 3 3/4-inch figures based on the upcoming film STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.

Wal-Mart dropping some major dough for this one, folks.

RobbieNick

I always go with 3.75" but got called a child for choosing them over the black series in this thread yesterday.

Get whichever ones you like the best.

Why would you be called a child for saving money? It's $7 vs. $20 and those figures are the size of the old Kenner line which brings back memories.

hydruxo

Lol I work at Best Buy and people were coming in asking where the BB8s were literally every 10 minutes. We sold out in no time.

OK so I ended up with two other things.

GZm2KD4.jpg

BP0UhPA.jpg

That shirt was too wicked to pass on.

And is the Star Destroyer rare or something? I barely saw any when I went around shopping. Of course it just might have been sold out everywhere, too.

I almost got a couple of those ships but elected to get some hot wheels brand ships instead. I picked up some of the first wave earlier this year.

Why would you be called a child for saving money? It's $7 vs. $20 and those figures are the size of the old Kenner line which brings back memories.
There's nothing childish about buying smaller figures. I prefer the 6" line because of the detail and articulation but I can see the charm of the smaller figures.

Yeah I don't know. I think the black series don't look very good. *shrugs* different strokes I guess.

I've preferred the smaller figures for years.

You like the cheap 4" figures with 5 points of articulation (or whatever it is)?

I understand the interest in the nice 4", super articulated figures, the ones like Hasbro used to make, but unless you're a child, I don't get why anyone would want the cheap 4" junk Hasbro has been putting out lately.

One thing I can say is they've got something for every fan with every budgetary difference.
The hot wheels ships look great. Real clean and good details, and they're just $4.99

3.75" figures, $7
3.75" armored ones, $12
black series, $20,
12" $30
life size if you're a 5 year old stormtroopers $100
Miniature BB8's $250.

Literally something for every fan. I'm really impressed and everyone gets to be a part of it.

MattyG

Banned
Just ordered the BB-8 Funko Pop figure, all 4 of the YA books, RotS Shakespeare, and all the Titanium Black ships except for the 4 pack. It was surprisingly cheap, only $80.

No action figures for me today because Amazon didn't really have any of the ones I wanted in stock. Hopefully those get restocked eventually and aren't hoarded by scalpers.

Got a BB-98 Sphero and a Phasma Pop Vinyl. Anywhere in the world to get that hovering Falcon? Also, that shirt is pretty amazing and I'd love to know what places are sellingthem. Wal Mart?

Top Bottom