• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Snaku

Banned
Yessssssss

tyQLvhz.jpg

I wish I had money. :/

Threw a couple C batteries into my Qui-Gon green saber I bought in college from Episode 1 toy night and works like a charm. The hilt on that thing is enormous.

Going to have to buy a Kylo saber so my kids can fight.

RyanW

Was a little late in going to my local walmart and it was obvious as to where the new Star Wars toys were at one point aside from a few action figures and the new lightsabers outside the aisle. Ended up going to the trading cards and got a few Galactic Connexion Packs and then ordered the starter deck online.

Offered to get my little brother some of the new Star Wars legos but it seems he's just not interested

Potato quality pics incoming, apologies on the rush job, just came back from shopping
just quick uploading for those who wanted to see the psychical cards

the set is called journey to the force awakens and covers OT to the force awakens films only , no new images or info we don't already know

Any word if this is going to be available in Australia?

Paganmoon

Anyone? Have been wondering the same thing.

It's not the same as the US Thinkways one as this one doesn't have a remote control.

Well, I ordered one anyway, (and the Sphero one since I finally found it at another online retailer). Hopefully it'll arrive sometime during the coming week, can post impressions then.

Almost 24 hours now of playing with the Sphero BB-8

I am highly impressed.

Leaving it alone on the base or just by your side it is always looking around and emoting. So weird watching it, it can totally sense when people are around and looks at them I swear. My wife thinks it's creepy.

When in patrol I have not once had to help it. It can take a bit of time in some spots but it will patrol without issues, unless it reaches a step or something it can't go over then it's stuck there.

All the read out data in the app is real time and actual programming details. It's very amazing. Many of the interviews with the CEO and developers at Sphero have said they will be constantly adding to the app and are already looking to add customizable patrols. More emotes and such that are important to the movie will be added in the future as some are spoilers.

It is well worth the price and I am enjoying it more than anything I picked up yesterday.

I can't wait to see how people hack this and to try out what they make.

Rootbeer

Banned
Any idea when stores will start restocking this stuff?

My TRU and Target both did small restocks today. But not much extra was to be found. Heavier restocks hopefully early this month. If you are serious about finding out, call the store and ask when they receive new stock. As the holiday season ramps up, TRU sometimes starts receiving new trucks every day but we're not quite there yet. Right now they receive trucks about 3 or 4 times per week but that doesn't mean they get shipments of every kind of item on each of those days. For example with action figures you'll be lucky if they restock them once per week. Maybe as little as 3 times per month based on my experience. But... this is Star Wars and so far stuff seems to be selling well, so maybe they will be more on top of ordering new shipments.

v0yce

Saw a BB-8 today and bought it.

It's a lot of fun. Really impressive how well they were able to pull this off. And top notch packaging too. I only wish there was some way to have sound coming from the sphero itself.

Going to be great on my desk at work.

Boogie9IGN

Got this sunshade for my car:
https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/11990565_1071670469512129_6317890338984338786_n.jpg?oh=bc20b621e2899403b2281f4dd18f071f&oe=56760178/img][/QUOTE]

I had actually bought that sunshade months ago only to realize it's much too big to fit in my Mini Cooper ):

Was able to give it to a friend though, he loooves it

Alright, am I the only one that didn't know the 6" black series storm trooper has a slot on his right leg to hold the smaller gun? My only complaint about the thing was having to find something to do with the extra gun, problem solved. Bravo.

Also, I just realized Kylo Ren's lightsaber is two pieces. The blade comes off so he can carry it un-ignited. Cool.

Alright, am I the only one that didn't know the 6" black series storm trooper has a slot on his right leg to hold the smaller gun? My only complaint about the thing was having to find something to do with the extra gun, problem solved. Bravo.

Also, I just realized Kylo Ren's lightsaber is two pieces. The blade comes off so he can carry it un-ignited. Cool.
As far as I know that's the case with all the Black Series figures with lightsabers. Bespin Luke has a clip on his belt you can hang it on.

RobbieNick

So after work today, I decided to go to my local collectors show Frank N' Sons (Like a mini comic Con open Saturday and Wednesday.) There were plenty of booths selling toys, but for the life of me, I couldn't find any Captain Phasma figures. Hell, I could barely find any figures at all I talked a dealer and they said they sold out early. This is a bad sign. If they can sell out at dealer prices, those scumbags will keep buying them up away from kids and collectors and selling them at jacked up prices.

Charcoal

So this isn't about TFA, but I really like scout troopers from ROTJ. Are there any high quality statues of one of them with a speeder bike?

I know I've seen one before, but I have no idea about what websites I should look at.

So this isn't about TFA, but I really like scout troopers from ROTJ. Are there any high quality statues of one of them with a speeder bike?

I know I've seen one before, but I have no idea about what websites I should look at.

There is a Black Series version. I know it was on clearance at Target recently, but I still see it around town occasionally.

Truth. Scout trooper is best trooper! Looking down I see that Black Series one linked -- I've really got to pick one up.

Boke1879

So wave one of the Black series figures is Rey, Finn, Trooper and Ren right?

Next wave should include Poe and Phasma correct?

I also preordered that trooper set from amazon set to release in November.

Man Disney is probably going to make over a billion in merchandise alone for this one movie.

gsrjedi

So wave one of the Black series figures is Rey, Finn, Trooper and Ren right?

Next wave should include Poe and Phasma correct?

Wave 1 also has Chewie. Wave 2 is supposed to include a Constable Zuvio & a new character we haven't seen yet.
Guarvian Enforcer or something like that

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Went to check out my Disney store. Too bad it's located in the effing Mall of America. Not only did they have a worse selection than every other store, they had TONS of it.

Dicer

Banned
I would probably get one of these, but reading the reviews on Amazon, it seems to flake away within 3-5 months. I can only imagine what it's like if you live in a really hot climate.

All sun shades tend to do that, sadly... esp if you live in UBER heat...

Boke1879

Wave 1 also has Chewie. Wave 2 is supposed to include a Constable Zuvio & a new character we haven't seen yet.
Guarvian Enforcer or something like that

DO you happen to have a link with all the Black series figures released so far? I already have Ren and Storm trooper

gsrjedi

There's 2 Scout & Speeder Bike statues I can think of off the top of my head. Both are a few years old now so you'd have to look to the secondary market to find one.

The first is from Gentle Giant, I forget the scale, but the figure is like 6-8" tall

The second is from Sideshow, this is 1/4 scale and is mixed media (so the trooper outfit is cloth where it should be instead of the whole thing being polystone), the figure is like 16" and the speeder bike is about 3 feet long. I have this one and it's one of my favorite things.

gsrjedi

DO you happen to have a link with all the Black series figures released so far? I already have Ren and Storm trooper

This is the Black series 6" released before Friday (I imagine they'll update this soon with the new figures)

As for the new figures:
Wave 1
  • Finn (Jakku)
  • Rey w/BB-8 (Jakku)
  • Chewbacca
  • Kylo Ren
  • First Order Stormtrooper

Wave 2 (from what I've seen that was released early
  • Captain Phasma
  • Constable Zuvio
  • Guavian Enforcer
  • Poe Dameron
Exclusives

Other figures

Big Bad Toy Store listings have names but I don't know if they're accurate
wave 3 is First Order TIE Pilot & Resistance Trooper)
wave 4 is (First Order Snowtrooper, Pilot Asty, & General Hux)

That's all I know of so far

That spoilered character was seen in the SDCC behind the scenes footage.

I'll have to watch that video again.

SegaShack

I'm really considering getting the BB-8. Does anyone know how well it works on carpet? My apartment is mostly carpet and I would hate to come home and have it not work.

Also, to those who own it, do you think it is worth the money?

Rootbeer

Banned
Good job on the rundown of current and upcoming stuff, gsrjedi.

Over the last couple days I've ordered as much of it as is currently available, but I'm worried about the KMart, Argos and to a lesser extent Walgreens exclusives (since I don't have faith that they will offer it online). Please note that there is some speculation that the Argos exclusive is a Target exclusive in the USA since they apparently have a 2-pack coming.

I love that so much is coming out but it's starting to feel like amiibo. So much work to secure the items and a good amount of risk that you can't secure them at all unless you buy from a third party. The TRU snowtrooper officer has already sold out, for example. I managed to get one but TRU likes to cancel order so... until I actually get a shipping confirmation nothing is for certain.

TRU cancelled an order I had for a BB-8 POP earlier today. I mean... seriously? Such a common item, just tell me it's delayed and give me an option to wait for more stock, not cancel it outright. Their practices are shitty.

gsrjedi

I am just now getting back to strength after Force Friday. I had to get up for work at 4:30 Thursday to work a couple hours outside of town. Got home at 8:30 and at 9:30 was 6th in line at TRU. I got everything I wanted from there and hit some WalMarts on the way home, but they were just setting up. Went to bed around 1:30, just to wake up at 6 to go to the Disney store for some of the Elite figures. Then I waited for Target to open before going to work. Picked up most of the Pops from Target along with some other stuff. This morning my sleep was still messed up so I was up at 4 and found a Bed, Bath, & Beyond an hour away with Sphero BB-8s in stock. Ordered one for store pick-up, and ended up calling when they opened to have them put one on hold for me. Good thing because they cancelled my online order. Stopped at the Target next door and got enough stuff to use a second $25 coupon. All in all I spent about $600.

my midnight haul

my haul from Friday morning

had a couple people asking me about that shirt when I was wearing it later that night

I'm really considering getting the BB-8. Does anyone know how well it works on carpet? My apartment is mostly carpet and I would hate to come home and have it not work.

My house is mostly carpet and it works okay. It can have a hard time to get rolling, but it's fine once it does. Though it can be hard to change directions. I don't think it will work on thicker carpet.

Good job on the rundown of current and upcoming stuff, gsrjedi.

Over the last couple days I've ordered as much of it as is currently available, but I'm worried about the KMart, Argos and to a lesser extent Walgreens exclusives (since I don't have faith that they will offer it online). Please note that there is some speculation that the Argos exclusive is a Target exclusive in the USA since they apparently have a 2-pack coming.

I love that so much is coming out but it's starting to feel like amiibo. So much work to secure the items and a good amount of risk that you can't secure them at all unless you buy from a third party. The TRU snowtrooper officer has already sold out, for example. I managed to get one but TRU likes to cancel order so... until I actually get a shipping confirmation nothing is for certain.

TRU cancelled an order I had for a BB-8 POP earlier today. I mean... seriously? Such a common item, just tell me it's delayed and give me an option to wait for more stock, not cancel it outright. Their practices are shitty.

Thanks. Part of the problem with KMart & Walgreens exclusives is they tend to have employees who are more clueless about this stuff than the other stores. For me, I've gotten to the point where I no longer worry too much if I miss out on something. I'll try my hardest to get it, but I don't think I have a complete line of anything really.

Rootbeer

Banned
For me, I've gotten to the point where I no longer worry too much if I miss out on something. I'll try my hardest to get it, but I don't think I have a complete line of anything really.
Well see that IS my situation. I don't have a complete line of anything... except the 6" Black Series. I have every figure, exclusive, variant, etc. I am trying to keep it going. But these latest exclusives are making it rough. I know I can get most of them. But all might be a challenge unless I'm willing to shell out some extra on a couple of them.

akileese

Walked into TRU with my fiance on a whim and ended up buying the Millenium Falcon lego set. It's massive. Well worth the price imo. I wanted that one and also Kylo Ren's ship. Also got the Kylo Ren funko pop.

gsrjedi

Well see that IS my situation. I don't have a complete line of anything... except the 6" Black Series. I have every figure, exclusive, variant, etc. I am trying to keep it going. But these latest exclusives are making it rough. I know I can get most of them. But all might be a challenge unless I'm willing to shell out some extra on a couple of them.

Yeah, that makes it so much more tempting to spend extra to keep it going. Best of luck to you on that.

Nisa65

Told myself I wouldn't buy anything this weekend but picked up a BB-8 at a local Toys "R" Us in my rather rurual area of Japan.

Place had a pretty decent selection of goods and it was quiet so no idiots hoarding all the good stuff. This was the majority of what they had out on display with a few 31" Troopers,Kylo Ren and light sabers around the corner.

I can't for the life of me decide on which Lego set to get first. I wish I could get multiple, but most of them are pretty pricey. Poe's X-Wing looks the coolest though.

But I'm more of a bad guy guy and really want Kylo's shuttle. The Transport set also has a lot of neat features and Phasma. :x Decisions.

Rootbeer

Banned
Heads up... are you like me and ordered a Kylo Ren Force FX lightsaber on amazon on 9/4 but did NOT get the $25 off $100 or more Star Wars purchase promotion applied? Well make sure you contact support... just got a refund for that amount (though after refunded tax it was more like $28.) Whew! Now I can officially say I purchased that item at a lower price than anyone I know... haha!

I can't for the life of me decide on which Lego set to get first. I wish I could get multiple, but most of them are pretty pricey. Poe's X-Wing looks the coolest though.

But I'm more of a bad guy guy and really want Kylo's shuttle. The Transport set also has a lot of neat features and Phasma. :x Decisions.
Do it! I picked it up and it's awesome. The detail on it is pretty impressive for a non-UCS set.

Top Bottom