• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Paganmoon

For anyone in the UK wondering still about that £30 BB-8 at the UK Disney store - it doesn't look like the ball body even moves. Some random's YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgU_T4i1jLo

Hence the price.

This is from the store page:

Magic in the details...

•BB-8 action figure
•Head turns and body rolls and spins
•Lights up and plays more than 20 sound effects
•Two modes: Mode 1. Push button to activate and Mode 2. Voice recognition
•Inspired by ''Star Wars: The Force Awakens''
•Figure measures H29, W18cm approx
•Requires 4x AA batteries, included
•Suitable for children aged 3 years+
•Warning: not suitable under 36 months due to small parts
•Created for Disney Store

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/star-w...?CMP=AFL&att=17420e075b65c6c7a323cbdcba6519d3

False advertising if it doesn't. Will see when/if mine arrives this week.

charpunk

Disney store apparently shipped my BB-8 but my elite figures are still in limbo, which is shipment I actually care about more.

Sanchito

The first Elite order from Disney, that I ordered at midnight Friday morning, just shipped yesterday. Or at least, I finally got the shipping confirmation email yesterday.

Not to be a downer or anything, I trust JJ Abrams fully and Im a big fan of this marketing strategy for the new movie, but why is everyone so gung ho about the BB8? How do we know this rolling Droid wont be the next Jar Jar Binks?

cackhyena

Not to be a downer or anything, I trust JJ Abrams fully and Im a big fan of this marketing strategy for the new movie, but why is everyone so gung ho about the BB8? How do we know this rolling Droid wont be the next Jar Jar Binks?

It makes beeps and boops instead of some goofy ass accent. It's better by default.

-griffy-

Banned

We don't really, but there's a good bet it won't be as bad as Jar Jar by virtue of the fact it can't say words (with a bad/borderline offensive Jamaican accent no less), and it doesn't have feet to step in bantha doo-doo, and it doesn't have a tongue to get zapped in a pod racer engine so it makes fart noises.

Plus the design is really just brilliant, and then you add in the fact they figured out how to make the damn thing work practically to the extent they could make a toy that actually works. It's as much a gamble as buying any merchandise for the film I guess, but even if the character and/or the movie sucks, it's still a damn impressive and adorable toy.

Faiz

The only connection the two have is that they're both characters in Star Wars movies. Different character concepts, different creators. There's absolutely no reason to have any concern about it being the next Jar Jar.

JJ really doesn't like Jar Jar so its unlikely anything will come close to him in the film.

Do we even know if BB is a he or a she?

I mean, I know its a droid, and therefore sexless, but what pronoun do the characters use when referring to it? Do we know yet?

Fox Mulder

Because it's a neat piece of tech that works as a toy.

Moff

I think what people like about BB8 the most is that he rolls and he still has a head, it's the technology behind it. people thought he was pure cgi, and then it was revealed that that actually works. and now people can even get one themselves with the same technology.

that's at least why I like him. apart from that I don't care much, I never cared much for R2 either.

Hex

Banned
StarWarsTFA_Keepsakes.jpg

Not sure if these have been seen.
Star Wars Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments coming soon
Kylo Ren Ornament (Release date of Oct 3rd)
Captain Phasma Ornament (Release date of Nov 6th)

http://newsroom.hallmark.com/News-F...-New-Products-for-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens

Petco getting in on the love

Savitar

Checked out a store the other day, needless to say the Star Wars stuff was left with barely anything. Mostly cheap lightsabers, a lone rebel pilot, one Finn and a four pack of hot wheel vehicles.

komplanen

Bought my second Lego set today, the First Order Snowspeeder. There's a chance I might have all or most of these before the movie even comes out.

RyanW

Anybody here get invested in the Galactic Connexions?
GCFeature-300x200.png

I got a gold Bib Fortuna and a Green Tusken Raider along with a few clear ones. Ended up ordering the starter deck online. I think I might have a new addiction

Kitoro

Anybody here get invested in the Galactic Connexions?
GCFeature-300x200.png

I got a gold Bib Fortuna and a Green Tusken Raider along with a few clear ones. Ended up ordering the starter deck online. I think I might have a new addiction

Those look like Disney Infinity power discs haha. What are they, exactly?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Amazon shipped my bb8 on Saturday. Will be here tomorrow

Amazon prime and mine still hasn't shipped and it's supposed to be delivered by 8 pm Tuesday. Ordered when they were first put up right away.

Still would be nice if it would change over to preparing to ship.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Got my Amazon BB-8 order delivered earlier today. Didn't know they even delivered on Labor day.

You prime/1 day shipping? Sometimes they use couriers who will deliver on holidays and Ive even seen them get USPS to do it as well :\

1 hour to go until Tuesday here. Hope they don't give me some bs excuse as to why mine didn't ship.

hah my order even shows placed Sep 3rd, before Force Friday.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Got my Amazon BB-8 order delivered earlier today. Didn't know they even delivered on Labor day.
I guess it depends on your area, but they deliver on virtually every day now... aside from maybe Christmas. It's crazy.

I also learned today that BB-8 is not compatible with my phone (latest Moto G). I'm sure it'll be fixed soon, since they seem to be getting inundated with support requests from others with the same issue (a bunch of Android devices), but it's a bummer.

RyanW

Those look like Disney Infinity power discs haha. What are they, exactly?

It's like a trading card game but with discs.

Every other side on the disc has a 1-5 stat on it. The way I interpreted it from the directions is that a player can only connect discs if the new disc has a higher stat than the one in play on the side you are making the connection. So if you're connecting to a disc side with a 3 you can only use a 4 or 5 side, then you get points equal to the stats of the total connections.

Then it becomes a bit more complicated because you can get more points depending on the color of the inner rim where the stats are, you can validate your connection on how the characters relate in the Star Wars universe and get more points through that, etc

Personally I'm just doing it for the collecting

gsrjedi

Got the BBQ tongs at Target for $20. They were marked at $40 so I had to get another set as a gift to use the $25 coupon.

Recharg3

UK Folk

I'd suggest your local Forbidden Planet they are starting to receive stock mine got in all the POP's apart from BB-8.

It's been a pretty successful day, Disney Diecast Captain Phasma & Kylo Ren & Kylo Ren & Captain Phasma POP's.

Just need a BB-8 POP & some Black Series figures....

So I have been using BB-8 (Sphero) since Friday night, I have been using him on carpet and rougher outdoor spots (lockstone, etc.).

However, I used him on the hardwood and tile in my house and he seems to have issues keeping balance. He rocks back and forth after an emote for instance, or when going straight quickly and turning he looses track and ends up in an endless spin.

Is this normal?

So I have been using BB-8 (Sphero) since Friday night, I have been using him on carpet and rougher outdoor spots (lockstone, etc.).

However, I used him on the hardwood and tile in my house and he seems to have issues keeping balance. He rocks back and forth after an emote for instance, or when going straight quickly and turning he looses track and ends up in an endless spin.

Is this normal?

I'd suggest you take him to the nearest medical droid immediately.

Top Bottom