• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

okdakor

What's the deal with red parts in the new movie ? C3PO has one, now this TIE :

YYqywl1.jpg

Fox Mulder

Do it! I picked it up and it's awesome. The detail on it is pretty impressive for a non-UCS set.

They need to release another UCS Millennium Falcon. I've had it at a ne point and it's massive. Would be a huge money maker now to and seems dumb to not release one again after all these years.

komplanen

Bought the Rey's Speeder Lego set to get this collecting going. I think I'll just buy the sets from cheapest to most expensive until I come to my senses before the pricey ones.

womp

Potato quality pics incoming, apologies on the rush job, just came back from shopping
just quick uploading for those who wanted to see the psychical cards

the set is called journey to the force awakens and covers OT to the force awakens films only , no new images or info we don't already know

Those look cool! Thanks for sharing. I'll be on the hunt for them and it is nice to confirm their existence finally. I had my wife out looking the other day but she came up empty.

Number_6

I can't for the life of me decide on which Lego set to get first. I wish I could get multiple, but most of them are pretty pricey. Poe's X-Wing looks the coolest though.

But I'm more of a bad guy guy and really want Kylo's shuttle. The Transport set also has a lot of neat features and Phasma. :x Decisions.

I picked up the X-Wing yesterday. Looks sick, but I didn't build it yet.

I also wanted the TIE Fighter, but I had to choose one, and honestly, the new First Order TIE FIghter's Lego design looks like a step back from the last Lego TIE I got. Specifically, I don't like the look of the supports on the outside of the wings/panels. They've regressed.

I have 4 online orders coming in and I honestly have no idea what I even ordered at this point. It's like I blacked out and let the devil on my shoulder take over.

I bought a BB-8 at Best Buy.com on Friday and it still hasn't shipped yet, argh
That site will flat-out lie to you about whether or not they even have what you ordered. A friend of mine pre-ordered one of those GameCube adapters for Wii U, and didn't end up getting it for like two months after release. And when he was contacting customer service during that time, they would tell him it was in their warehouse and hadn't been prepped yet, and then they later admitted that they didn't even have one to ship him and had to wait to get more from Nintendo.

Lebron

I bought a BB-8 at Best Buy.com on Friday and it still hasn't shipped yet, argh

The one I ordered from Amazon on Friday just shipped this morning. I think a lot of online stores over promised and underestimated the SW fans and are now scrambling around with their heads cut off.

So bed bath and barnes are sold out and there's a sign at bed bath saying the coupon isn't allowed. Brookstone has it but there $20 off of $99 doesn't work on it. Best buy is the only place I can check that's left.

Metalmarc

I will say after having the topps cards for 2 days and doing a bit of research on the topps USA Facebook page, judging by checklist images and comparing my UK checklist

The UK cards are probably inferior, simply because in the US you guys are getting way more cards, for example art cards, and more special character cards, as well as it looks like autograph cards too.

By the way the UK set only covers the original trilogy and very basic force awakens cards

I'm not sure if the US set has prequel stuff also as well as a few more force awakens cards also.

BFIB

Yeah, not planning on selling, but I have a lot of my Star Wars stuff unopened. Not a huge deal, but disappointing.

antonz

Disneystore is slow as shit apparently. ordered a bunch of stuff Thursday night and been nothing so far.

Placed: 09/03/2015

Order Status: Active

Sorry. We are currently unable to obtain your order status from our warehouse.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Almost 24 hours now of playing with the Sphero BB-8

I am highly impressed.

Leaving it alone on the base or just by your side it is always looking around and emoting. So weird watching it, it can totally sense when people are around and looks at them I swear. My wife thinks it's creepy.

When in patrol I have not once had to help it. It can take a bit of time in some spots but it will patrol without issues, unless it reaches a step or something it can't go over then it's stuck there.

All the read out data in the app is real time and actual programming details. It's very amazing. Many of the interviews with the CEO and developers at Sphero have said they will be constantly adding to the app and are already looking to add customizable patrols. More emotes and such that are important to the movie will be added in the future as some are spoilers.

It is well worth the price and I am enjoying it more than anything I picked up yesterday.

I can't wait to see how people hack this and to try out what they make.

Can it stand still? One preview video I saw with the guy from sphero, it was constantly wobbling back and forth. I wouldn't mind if the base constantly moves, but the head was swaying all over the place.

Officially finished with FF. Found two Jakks 20" Phasma figures at TRU and then bought the LEGO First Order Transport and Kylo's Shuttle.

So expensive. So good.

Can it stand still? One preview video I saw with the guy from sphero, it was constantly wobbling back and forth. I wouldn't mind if the base constantly moves, but the head was swaying all over the place.

Hrmmm haven't had any issue with BB sitting still and just talking and such. Might have been in drive mode and he was moving it a bit.

Wanderer5

Stumbled upon a target and went in to see that the star wars section was picked on to the core.:p Saw the new lego TIE fighter which look pretty cool.

Not something that came out this weekend but I did pick up a star wars related thing heh.

Such a adorable series. I seen it before but I was really digging it today when I saw the little exhibit they had at the San Francisco Cartoon Art Museum, and went to pick up this one from there (only one they had)

Rootbeer

Banned
Are these only available through the Disney store?

LINK

***EDIT***'

Nevermind....missed the part where it says "exclusive".

I considered getting the entire line of elites but I settled on getting ONLY Phasma to see what I think about it. So far, of the people getting these the reviews seem very lukewarm. They suffer from loose/wobbly joints, are weighted weird so tend to fall over easier than plastic figures, plus have big easy to see screw holes in several places (since they use a lot of metal this is how they secure it together)... so... you really should think hard before getting these over the 6" Black Series figures until more reviews start to surface. I'll hopefully have my Phasma before next weekend and I'll offer my thoughts.

If you only care about what it looks like on the shelf then you can do worse though.

esai

Picked up a sphero BB-8 at the Barnes and Noble I work at on Friday morning. That employee discount made it a good deal. Though I was willing to pay full price. It's so awesome.

Do it! I picked it up and it's awesome. The detail on it is pretty impressive for a non-UCS set.

I picked up the X-Wing yesterday. Looks sick, but I didn't build it yet.

I also wanted the TIE Fighter, but I had to choose one, and honestly, the new First Order TIE FIghter's Lego design looks like a step back from the last Lego TIE I got. Specifically, I don't like the look of the supports on the outside of the wings/panels. They've regressed.
Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna get Kylo's shuttle first I think. :)

Such a adorable series. I seen it before but I was really digging it today when I saw the little exhibit they had at the San Francisco Cartoon Art Museum, and went to pick up this one from there (only one they had)

There was a statue or two based on the series as well. They looked pretty cute. I think they're sold out by now, though.

womp

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a Sphero BB-8 - Hallmark sells them in store. Went in today to look at ornaments and itty bittys with my wife and they had four of them behind the register.

Setzer

I considered getting the entire line of elites but I settled on getting ONLY Phasma to see what I think about it. So far, of the people getting these the reviews seem very lukewarm. They suffer from loose/wobbly joints, are weighted weird so tend to fall over easier than plastic figures, plus have big easy to see screw holes in several places (since they use a lot of metal this is how they secure it together)... so... you really should think hard before getting these over the 6" Black Series figures until more reviews start to surface. I'll hopefully have my Phasma before next weekend and I'll offer my thoughts.

If you only care about what it looks like on the shelf then you can do worse though.

I watched a video review of the Kylo Ren one and the guy seemed really impressed by it, so I ordered that one. Wanted the Captain Phasma one but haven't had any luck finding one in the 6" Black series and the Elite series one is sold out. =(

MXRider

JCPenny is having a good sale on Star Wars shirts. They have a $10 off $25 coupon you can use and the shirts are half off already.

Got four shirts for $32.

pc2F0AP.jpg

Boke1879

I watched a video review of the Kylo Ren one and the guy seemed really impressed by it, so I ordered that one. Wanted the Captain Phasma one but haven't had any luck finding one in the 6" Black series and the Elite series one is sold out. =(

I think the Phasma Black series will be available in wave 2 which should launch in a month. Although it seems some stores are putting it out early.

SegaShack

Well, checked Radio Shack, Best Buy, AT&T, Barnes and Noble, Sprint, and Bed Bath and Beyond today for the BB-8, all sold out. Radio Shack took down my info and told me they would reserve the next one for me and call me when it comes in, so I hope it works out.

My house is mostly carpet and it works okay. It can have a hard time to get rolling, but it's fine once it does. Though it can be hard to change directions. I don't think it will work on thicker carpet.

Thanks for the reply, that is very good to know. My carpet isn't too thick so I think it should be fine. Looking forward to getting one.

Top Bottom