• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So has anyone in the UK got the Air Hogs Falcon yet? I want that thing more than anything right now.

Hagi

I keep checking for the retail release, but Topps really dropped the ball on getting them into stores for Force Friday.

That said, I have 2 hobby boxes ordered which should be arriving on the 16th.

Here's some examples from collectors who have found the cards:

kjccJsF.jpg

SyaUmBZ.jpg

Hmmm those look really cool but it seems that the UK set is slightly different aesthetically along with them being 8 cards per pack instead of 6. Going to have a look in my local supermarket and see if they have them later.

Hmmm those look really cool but it seems that the UK set is slightly different aesthetically along with them being 8 cards per pack instead of 6. Going to have a look in my local supermarket and see if they have them later.

I saw the binder with some free cards in Smiths today. Sort of tempted but I really don't need to start collecting anything else.

Hagi

I saw the binder with some free cards in Smiths today. Sort of tempted but I really don't need to start collecting anything else.

The packs are only a £1 and you get 8 cards so it's low risk as far as card collections go. Nice that they are in Smiths I'm going to look in Tesco later.

I am dark side guy so I need all the bad guys. Can't wait for Phasma to be available state-side. I'm talking Black Series though since I think the 3.75 Phasma is out here. The Black Series trooper sold out on Amazon by the time I woke up in the morning and my stores were ransacked too.

I am dark side guy so I need all the bad guys. Can't wait for Phasma to be available state-side. I'm talking Black Series though since I think the 3.75 Phasma is out here. The Black Series trooper sold out on Amazon by the time I woke up in the morning and my stores were ransacked too.

Black Series Phasma is nowhere to be found in most parts of the UK, though I think a few have been found out in the wild. I think pre-orders are up in a few places though.

Hagi

I
Tescos sell them, bought 10 packs there sunday

Yeah I just bought the tin with the limited edition Leia card and 4 packs. They are pretty cool if I must say got a few Force Awakens cards like Finn, Poe, C3-PO and Chewie. No Rey or Kylo Ren though which kinda sucks. The UK set is definitely different from the American set it seems, none of those cool full art cards like posted earlier.

RobbieNick

In case anyone was still wondering, here's video of the $30 Disney store BB-8 in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VWmc0BIIc

As you can see, he doesn't roll or spin, just move and his head moves, but it does speak. The other thing is that there's no remote. It just goes around on it's own until it hits a wall and then turns around. Lame. I'm saving up for at least the Target version.

RyanW

I keep checking for the retail release, but Topps really dropped the ball on getting them into stores for Force Friday.

That said, I have 2 hobby boxes ordered which should be arriving on the 16th.

Can you link to where you bought those from? I've been looking all over and can't seem to find them

//ARCANUM

I'm pissed at myself cause I could have easily ordered the Disney exclusive die cast Captain Phasma on Friday for most of the day. I didn't do it and now I super want her and not only is she sold out, they even removed the listing all together from the online store. *facepalm*

Snaku

Banned
I'm pissed at myself cause I could have easily ordered the Disney exclusive die cast Captain Phasma on Friday for most of the day. I didn't do it and now I super want her and not only is she sold out, they even removed the listing all together from the online store. *facepalm*

The Figuarts Phasma will be better, just be patient and wait.

I went to the Disney Store in Birmingham today and picked up the Elite Rey and Flame Trooper. The Rey is pretty shitty quality, terrible likeness and a weird medium for a posable figure. I expected this and I went with the intention of using the accessories for my Black Series Rey. The bag, gun and staff are very nice. The BB8 is a nice sculpt. The trooper is good.

They only had those two and Finn but the Finn didn't have anything new to offer accessories-wise so I passed.

Definitely sticking with the Black Series moving forward.

I also picked up the talking 18 inch trooper. Mostly to pose with my OT Disney Store trooper. Looks nice plus noticed the trooper hand pistol has the flash hider from Han's blaster. A fun touch.

The packs are only a £1 and you get 8 cards so it's low risk as far as card collections go. Nice that they are in Smiths I'm going to look in Tesco later.
Ahhh you've twisted my arm. Might pick some up tomorrow.
Shame to hear the Elite figures aren't great. I thoughtt they looked decent in the stream.

That Target coupon is still good this week, right?

Gonna pick up that 4-pack Black Series ships and Kylo Ren's light up lightsaber if so. That should come out to $50 so I can use the coupon.

Well, I was originally planning to get the light-up Bladebuilders one but I saw a review of that Disney Store exclusive Kylo Ren lightsaber and now I'm torn.

There is a Disney Store relatively close by...well, an hour and a half away.

Anyone have either of those lightsabers and could chime in with what you think about it?

Rootbeer

Banned
I only own the Black Series Force FX Kylo Ren Saber but it's $150 and hard to find, so I know that's not what you are asking about.

Honestly i would buy the Disney Store version it looks like the best one out of the affordable options

The bladebuilders one looks good too but the disney store one feels like it's trying a little more. Also I like the lightsaber blades on it.

Does the bladebuilders one even have sound? The disney store version shown off at the unboxing event had really nice sound, in addition to the light-up blades.

I only own the Black Series Force FX Kylo Ren Saber but it's $150 and hard to find, so I know that's not what you are asking about.

Honestly i would buy the Disney Store version it looks like the best one out of the affordable options

The bladebuilders one looks good too but the disney store one feels like it's trying a little more. Also I like the lightsaber blades on it.

Does the bladebuilders one even have sound? The disney store version shown off at the unboxing event had really nice sound, in addition to the light-up blades.

The $30 electronic one does have sound, yes.

He turns it on around 6:30 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0kZEG-ahM

Well, guess it won't hurt to call that store Friday and see if they have it.

EDIT: Shit, it closed down. And the online store site seems to be down. Well, guess it's the Bladebuilders for now. I can always get the other later on.

The $30 electronic one does have sound, yes.

He turns it on around 6:30 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0kZEG-ahM

Well, guess it won't hurt to call that store Friday and see if they have it.

EDIT: Shit, it closed down. And the online store site seems to be down. Well, guess it's the Bladebuilders for now. I can always get the other later on.

Haven't watched the video yet, any thoughts on how durable the $30 lights/sounds version at Target is? I assume it's telescoping. My kids have telescoping (Anakin blue and Vader red) that they fight with all the time and I'd love to get a Kylo Ren saber to jump into the fray with. Tempted to just get the $12 telescoping version but I love the sounds on the slightly more expensive one.

Better late than never (maybe. Maybe it's better never.) but here's the video from my appearance on CNN last Friday.

See if you can spot the moment where I could have (but brainfarted it) referred to myself as a "Lore Expert."

-griffy-

Banned
Better late than never (maybe. Maybe it's better never.) but here's the video from my appearance on CNN last Friday.

See if you can spot the moment where I could have (but brainfarted it) referred to myself as a "Lore Expert."
Awesome, you're a good talking head. I think you surprised the anchor a bit with your well considered first answer. "The Force is strong with Bobby Roberts" is a thing that was said on CNN, so I guess that's fact.

styl3s

FYI the Captain Phasma black series isn't really officially out yet. Some have *somehow* leaked out into stores in the initial shipment, but this was a very very very few number of them. The captain phasma black series is for wave 2 which is coming at a later date. I'm in the same boat as you, I want one too.
There is a Disney store exclusive die cast one though, right?

I ended up going to Target and Wal-Mart way out at my sisters last night and Wal-Mart actually had quite a bit of stuff left which kind of surprised me because i had went to a total of 3 wal-marts, 2 targets and a toys-r-us around me and all 6 of those stores were completely picked clean not even a chewbacca black series in stock. There was a Obi-Wan at toys-r-us but was that even part of this launch? Anyways the Wal-Mart i went to had a mini Darth Vader black series and a Finn, Jakku and Chewbacca normal sized black series? big size? I didn't bite, i stood by my ground of not getting into collecting the figures then i go to target and bought these

The target had 3 Finn's, 3 Kylo's, 2 StormTrooper's, 1 Jakku and like 6 Chewbacca's. I was like well shit so i bought 1 of each. They also had a bunch of the 3.75" or whatever but no Captain Phasma or Kylo (i just want a goddamn Phasma figure, it's all i want :( they also had a bunch of the Target BB8 remote controlled ones but i want the other one.

Haven't watched the video yet, any thoughts on how durable the $30 lights/sounds version at Target is? I assume it's telescoping. My kids have telescoping (Anakin blue and Vader red) that they fight with all the time and I'd love to get a Kylo Ren saber to jump into the fray with. Tempted to just get the $12 telescoping version but I love the sounds on the slightly more expensive one.

It's telescoping, yes. Well, most of the main blade is. The third section and the two side blades aren't. And just going by reviews it seems durable.

I do have the $12 saber and blade on it is made of some pretty hard plastic.

rhino4evr

This was a really well thought out answer to a frivolous question from CNN. Good work. I'll check out your podcast

It's telescoping, yes. Well, most of the main blade is. The third section and the two side blades aren't. And just going by reviews it seems durable.

I do have the $12 saber and blade on it is made of some pretty hard plastic.

Yeah I'm worried I'd be at a disadvantage if the lights and sounds saber isn't as sturdy as the non-electronic telescoping series. The kids are pretty brutal with these things, and the light up and whooshing noises are only going to get me so far when the plastic starts flying.

styl3s

There is and it's sold out everywhere. People are selling it for 3-4x the price up on ebay, amazon and other places currently.
Mother fucking scalpers.

I hope they have a couple at mine just so i can get them and sell them to people who actually want it for the price it cost at retail.

Yeah I'm worried I'd be at a disadvantage if the lights and sounds saber isn't as sturdy as the non-electronic telescoping series. The kids are pretty brutal with these things, and the light up and whooshing noises are only going to get me so far when the plastic starts flying.

The way I look at it (and the reason I'm getting both), the electronic one is for cosplay/looking cool/a little fighting, while the $12 extendable is for straight up rough fighting.

The way I look at it (and the reason I'm getting both), the electronic one is for cosplay/looking cool/a little fighting, while the $12 extendable is for straight up rough fighting.

Truth. I should probably just get both, since we all know the second I show up to the party with a cool new saber the 5 year old is going to commander that shit with the quickness and I'll get stuck with the old blue Anakin-special.

RobbieNick

Got paid today and went to Target just to pick up Sabine and lo and behold, they had the remote control BB-8 in! I picked him up along with a vinyl Stormtrooper helmet you can color in and design and used the $25 coupon.

Looks like those patient enough to wait for restock will be able to find any toys they are looking for.

MXRider

I got my Elite Captain Phasma in the mail and I'm not to impressed with it. The heaviness is really nice but it makes it hard to pose her because her chest is so top heavy. I'll post some pictures later.

Rootbeer

Banned
I got my Elite Captain Phasma in the mail and I'm not to impressed with it. The heaviness is really nice but it makes it hard to pose her because her chest is so top heavy. I'll post some pictures later.
Seems to be the story most people are going with. I am so glad I only ordered Phasma and not the entire lot. I can't wait to get my Phasma so that I can make up my own mind... but I am sure I'm going to have my problems with it given what I have learned so far.

The Elite series doesn't come close to living up to its name. Black Series is still by far the best mass-market figures in or around that scale. Figuarts is also worth checking out but the selection of characters is low, the figures are more expensive and are harder to get (especially if you do not pre-order.)

Top Bottom