• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

-griffy-

Banned
Art book coming in December:
TheArtOfSWTFA_Cover_8_26.jpg

HEADER_IMAGE_ONLY1-1536x864.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Okay, so maybe it is just a dumb toy thing (we need that new trailer so I can stop overanalyzing toys).
I don't think we should count out there being some on-screen equivalent to the look of the Hasbro version. Yeah it's clearly done that way to facilitate easily removing the blade (all the other 6" BS figures have removable blades, too), but maybe Kylo's saber does arc the laser beams in similar ways under certain conditions, like when the blades are under stress or if the power fluctuates. We know his saber is unconventional in how it is built so it might be unstable in that way.

This will be mine.
Being as the X-Wing (and the TIE) were really the only toys/collectables I was thinking about getting this year, hearing that the X-Wings basically fall apart in some form, guaranteed, makes me a little unhappy.

But then again, I've been spending more money than I thought I'd be on games these past few weeks anyway, so at least I'm not going deeper in the hole in my neverending pursuit of eternal adolescence.
Seeing as you'll just be displaying and not playing with them, I think they're still worth buying.

My haul for today. Target was obviously restocked and had a good bit of stuff.

d7Gz76M.jpg

Yes. I got both Falcons. >_> (EDIT: I'm thinking the one in the four pack is a repackage of the old Titanium Falcon? The Episode VII version mold is different)

And if anyone wants a size comparison between the electronic and extendable lightsabers:

89zrUUI.jpg

EDIT:
#bladebuilders

4QQSFJj.jpg

Saya

I admit I get caught up in the hype a little bit. I went to a few local malls yesterday but I could only find stacks of the new Stormtrooper and Chewbacca figures. I guess the other characters haven't been released here yet or are all sold out.

I did manage to pick up a Uniqlo t-shirt.

Boke1879

Does anyone know when the second wave Black series figures are coming out? I know October but do we have a date? I REALLY want to snag Phasma fast and that red guy.

Whooooa. Now I'll heard Bobby's voice in his posts.

Unrelated and didn't feel this needed a thread: hints in Star Wars: Aftermath that
Boba Fett
might come back.

Kind of a big character spoiler. A returning character we haven't seen in previews, minor plot spoiler.
He's in the opening. He's got pieces of his body replaced with metal and he's pretty old. He sees the light saber and knows instantly who it belongs to. He's on Jakku. He's played by a pretty big actor but I can't remember his name.

Rootbeer

Banned
Page back, they were on Amazon late last week. I just got FO Stormtrooper, Deadpool looking guy and 2x Phasmas delivered today.

Dang that was fast! Mine come on Tuesday! Super excited to get them. But a little bummed I missed out on the KMart exclusive Kylo Ren (pictures earlier in this thread) -- pre-orders went up sometime early Sunday and sold out super fast.

Prompto

Banned
Kind of a big character spoiler. A returning character we haven't seen in previews, minor plot spoiler.
He's in the opening. He's got pieces of his body replaced with metal and he's pretty old. He sees the light saber and knows instantly who it belongs to. He's on Jakku. He's played by a pretty big actor but I can't remember his name.
Fuck why did I read this? I'm an idiot

stufte

Welp my bb-8 antenna broke off. I wonder if they'll sell replacement heads at some point.

Oh well, at least it's not a functionality thing.

Wave 2 of the Titanium ships, scheduled for... This month. Wow, sooner than I thought.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB3929B#desc

Deploy the fleet - the Titanium Series are back! Each 3-inch vehicle in the Star Wars The Force Awakens The Black Series Titanium Series Die-Cast Metal Vehicles Wave 2 Case features exquisite detail taken from the movies. Each box includes a display stand to hold up each craft made of metal and plastic parts. Vehicles span the entire saga, and some include moving parts like wings, landing gear, and cannons. Case includes 12 individually packaged vehicles:

1x SW E7 KYLO RENS COMMAND SHUTTLE
1x SW E7 FIRST ORD SPECIAL FORCES TIE FTR
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER STAR DESTROYER
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER SNOWSPEEDER
2x SW E7 POES X WING FIGHTER
2x SW E7 FIRST ORDER TIE FIGHTER
1x SW E7 FIRST ORDER TRANSPORTER
1x SW E4 TIE ADVANCED X1
1x SW E6 B WING
1x SW E5 SNOWSPEEDER

Pic of the new ones:

GTiwq7t.jpg

I seriously love my Sphereo BB8

Better late than never (maybe. Maybe it's better never.) but here's the video from my appearance on CNN last Friday.

See if you can spot the moment where I could have (but brainfarted it) referred to myself as a "Lore Expert."

You've propelled yourself to my favorite person on GAF ever good sir.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah, this here is what I caved on today. Loot crate I passed on. Marvel Collector's Corps I passed on.... But Star Wars.... man... I need dat.

I also subbed. If you look at what they have done with marvel collector's corps it's easy to imagine the cool stuff we'll be getting in these star wars boxes. really looking forward to it.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Grabbed a bunch of POPs at Walmart tonight:

GXOuDYQ.jpg

Also I think I posted it in the haul thread but not in here, here's what I grabbed on Force Friday:

4bO2BEK.jpg

Troopers!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewww.

//ARCANUM

Page back, they were on Amazon late last week. I just got FO Stormtrooper, Deadpool looking guy and 2x Phasmas delivered today.

? I don't see anything in the past few pages. You're talking about the black series Phasma? I can't find her on Amazon. Can you send me the link so I can at least have it for when she hopefully comes back in stock? Shit I can't believe I missed it.

Edit - oh wait is it the page that has her at over $100 right now? Ugh I can't believe I missed that when she was up for real. So sad. :(

Top Bottom