• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Zavvi cancelled all my Wave 1 Black Series figures. I pre-ordered them months ago when they were first added to the site. Fuck using them again.

At least my local Argos have the Poe and Stormtrooper two-pack.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry that happened to you. Never used zavvi, but in the amiibo community people recommend against them because they are famous for cancellations.

Sorry that happened to you. Never used zavvi, but in the amiibo community people recommend against them because they are famous for cancellations.

Yeah, it's not all that surprising but I assumed because I ordered them so early after they went up, that they might actually be OK this time. Their prices are usually quite good as well. When they have what you've ordered.

Hasbro do seem to have done an awful job at distributing the new figures though. I've seen several UK sites moaning that they've received hardly any of the new waves. The average price seems to be about £30 at the moment which is really quite ridiculous.

What color is Kylo Rens Command Shuttle in the movies? I see some products have it black and others gray.

There's a Hasbro Titanium version of it that's white.

STAR-WARS-BLACK-SERIES-TITANIUM-SERIES-Vehicle_Kylo-Ren-Command-Shuttle.jpg

But it definitely looks black/grey from the movie stills.

teaser.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do you think the upcoming books about Star Wars Top Cards will be good?
I am curious about them, but not sure if its enough interest to buy them...

I'm about to buy this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013P2POSC/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1446766038&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=Star+wars+complete+collection&dpPl=1&dpID=51vmUHMpYfL&ref=plSrch (hopefully it pastes right, as I am mobile right now)

What do you think? I can get it for a little over 90 USD. Or the six movies in DVD for 60,but since I'm spending already, I want to buy the best version...

Wait until Black Friday. I bet you'll see better prices than $90 then. I think I only paid $45 or so for my set of 6 Blu-rays when they were first released on that format.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm not sure if the new blu-ray set has anything new to offer worth having? Isn't it just repackaging the older blu-ray set?

You can get it for around $80 if you shop around but a lot of places are sold out.

$45 would be an exceptionally low price, according to my amazon price tracker it NEVER dropped below 79.99 there. Though third party sellers could have had it lower.

at $20 per movie plus special features it is worth $120 for sure, but if you could get it for $80 or $90 you'd be getting it at a much more historically fair price.

Experien

I'm about to buy this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013P2POSC/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1446766038&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=Star+wars+complete+collection&dpPl=1&dpID=51vmUHMpYfL&ref=plSrch (hopefully it pastes right, as I am mobile right now)

What do you think? I can get it for a little over 90 USD. Or the six movies in DVD for 60,but since I'm spending already, I want to buy the best version...

Did a better conversion, I can get them for 70, or 40 for the DVD.

I like how the original Bluray version seemed like a book :) Is that just me?

Vidiot

Shit, I missed black series captain phasma again! :( I check amazon and toysrus like 20 times a day. I have the worst luck with this kind of stuff.

For all you fans who really want a screen accurate Kylo Ren helmet:
KyloRen15A_grande.png

STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Kylo Ren Helmet Premier Line Accessory (Pre-Order) - $559.95
Helmet texture carefully studied and replicated using unique painting technique

Metalized elements to capture the accurate finish and distinct weathered scoring of the original screen-used face mask

Precise mesh material used in visor, replicated and positioned based from screen-used artifact

Overall forms derived from digital files used in the production of STAR WARS™ EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS, as well as unprecedented access to the original prop for deep study

Sturdy fiberglass construction for both helmet and faceplate

Weathered deco to replicate screen-used costume

Adjustable head rig that will fit up to a size 8 hat size

Lined interior for finished appearance inside and out

Assembled helmet, ready to wear with no additional modifications needed

They also do troopers:
TFAStd06_grande.png

First Order Stormtrooper

sw-imp-trooper-28_8efbff79-37ed-493d-b685-6c59a9bacce7_grande.jpg

Empire Stormtrooper

sw-imp-shadowtrooper-h1_grande.jpg

Empire Shadowtrooper

snowtrooper-stand-alone-helmet-clean-2_grande.jpg

Empire Snowtrooper

sw-at-at-helmet-stnd-1_grande.jpg

AT-AT Driver

tie-pilot-standard-helmet-1_grande.jpg

TIE Pilot

And they do full outfits for them and Imperial Officers.
sw-imp-officer-premier-line-1_grande.png

Oh yeah, can't forget Darth Vader.
darth-vader-standard-helmet-1_grande.jpg

sw-esb-vader-1_grande.png

Really though, you have to be an ultra mega fan to buy this stuff :p

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Pre-ordered the Hot Toys Captain Phasma with Sideshow, whittled her down to $170 with reward points...

Now bring on the PF, and a prop replica helmet...

Boke1879

Hello Barnes and Noble. Hello impulse purchase. Hello only $199 compared to the after market for it.

I REALLY would like to know how much Disney has made off the merch so far with the movie not even being released yet. I can only imagine after it's shown things will explode for them at retail.

Rootbeer

Banned
pre-ordered phasma on bbts.

currently i have on pre-order:
hot toys boba fett deluxe (comes with the sarlacc case)
hot toys kylo ren
hot toys captain phasma

all tentative... I am so on the fence when it comes to hot toys it's ridiculous. They are nice but the money and space commitments for collecting them is difficult, clashes with my LEGO commitments. So, I have some time to think and plan on what I am going to do.

all tentative... I am so on the fence when it comes to hot toys it's ridiculous. They are nice but the money and space commitments for collecting them is difficult, clashes with my LEGO commitments. So, I have some time to think and plan on what I am going to do.

Well, at least they take up less space than Premium Formats. Those things are gigantic. But I would never be able to resist a PF Phasma if it happens.
It will happen.

Vyer

Hello Barnes and Noble. Hello impulse purchase. Hello only $199 compared to the after market for it.

Sweet.

Anyone know what was the toy lightsaber line before the new merch? Not the more expensive ultimate fx stuff, IIRC they were around 20 or 30 bucks. We bought a couple for my son and I was pretty impressed with them for the price but I haven't seen any in a while and haven't seen any with TFA stuff.

Mik2121

Some Bandai plastic models I have built recently:

11910539_415489848651931_1502153493_n.jpg

Two Stormtroopers partying in my office desk.

12230882_1533178833640957_205372541_n.jpg

Finished these two guys today, still missing the decals (mainly R5-D4's head).

Bonus photo, my cat helping me assemble C-3PO.
11918014_867430496667174_3920694_n.jpg

Top Bottom