• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Wait, how do these size compared to the Black series figures? As long as Phasma is in scale I'm fine with this.
side by side, taken from ebay (lol):

2bANyuA.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
The "Elite Series" Disney Store Exclusive figures are slightly larger than the Black Series, and are partly die cast metal. Some figures are more metal than others, depends on the design of the character.

Because they are metal some have trouble standing well or holding their limbs in position due to the weight.

The paint on them is nice, but they do not have as much articulation as Black Series. You'll probably encounter fewer paint quality control issues with the Elites. Black Series (and many other Hasbro figures) can be hit or miss on the paint, especially on the faces of human characters.

Elite Series also come with little bases to help them stand up. Black Series have peg holes for bases but do not come with any.

Some people love the Elite Series and find the metal aspect to add a premium element; others find the downsides of them being metal to be problematic. Both have their pros and cons. I recommend checking out some youtube videos before you invest much into them.

I only have one Elite Series figure: Phasma. It's much heavier than a typical figure of its size so you really feel like you got something for your money. I know people who prefer the Elites, but I've been collecting Black Series and Marvel Legends (same scale) for years so I'm invested in the scale. It's more for me. Elite is a new line so if you think you are in it for the long haul it's good to get into them near the start before the earlier figures become more rare and expensive.

Experien

Alright, sell me...

I am very picky with my action figures. I mainly get super fancy, expensive ones like Revoltech/FIGMA...should I care about these Black figures?

The only reason why I ask cause I like the look of the Guavian (Enforcer) and figured if I wanted one, before the movie/Black Friday is the best decision. But will I be let down with the Black figure after all my Revol/FIG guys and should just go for the 3 3/4? Obviously black will look better but how are their poseability? Am I looking at one pose and done for?

tl;dr should I get a Black Series Guavian Enforcer or no?

//ARCANUM

NoRéN;185140418 said:
Spouse is an employee of Disney.

I was debating helping people out but she's soured on the idea ever since someone of gaf burned us by filing a chargeback in order to get some free stuff.

oh nice! and yeah, I can totally see her not being cool with that after what happened, that's super lame. thanks for even thinking of it!

also, I can't believe those disney store figures are STILL IN STOCK.

Managed to snag the Black Series Kylo Ren off Amazon's UK site. I'll call a halt after Rey and Chewie. Maybe a snowtrooper. That shock trooper looks good. I want Hux as well...

Yarbskoo

The Trade Federation Landing Ship was added recently to my Action Fleet.
xWnSy8K.png

That wingspan is impressive! I think the ships from the film were a little more reddish in color, but otherwise the sculpt and paint is damn near perfect.
p7ereYU.png

The guns on top can rotate independently.
hR15aim.png

The battle droid's proportions are a little off, but it's still insanely detailed for something so small. Its bulky arms make it a little hard to fit in the cockpit.
UZ7GCZc.png
x1bSzqS.png

For me, the coolest feature is that you can open the doors and extend a little ramp with two MTTs on it, one of which is removable and fairly detailed for how tiny it is.
xCbXA8Z.png
6db8dvF.png

I'm really impressed so far with the late 90s Action Fleet vehicles. They're well built and highly detailed toys. Even the bottom of the landing ship has a lot of detail.
9vjRuqj.png

TCRS

Banned
bought my first merchandise today: a force awakens cup with darth vader and two storm troopers on it. I don't get it.

shops are getting full now with star wars merch. the lightsabers for kids were cheap plastic shit, much cheaper than my darth tyranus sword from a couple of years ago.

the only other tech I'm planning on buying is a poster and maybe the remote controlled BB-8. maybe something else tickles my fancy but I'm not planning on spending much.

Rootbeer

Banned
Regarding the Battlefront Shock Trooper figure... I did say the evidence of it coming out this weekend was spotty. I'll try to post as soon as I find out when it will actually be available.

6" Phasma in stock on kohls.com

Looks like they have roughly 25 of them in stock right now so I hope some of you read this quickly

use code harvest15 for 15% off

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2325264/null.jsp

ALSO... Kmart exclusive Kylo Ren in stock for shipping:
http://www.kmart.com/disney-star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch/p-004W007777783001P#

lasty... hasbrotoyshop.com is having a sale. 20% off your entire order plus free shipping. see their front page for details. they have lots of star wars items, including 6" figures. As of my writing this I see kylo ren, rey & bb8, first order stormtrooper etc. all in stock.

You'd be hard pressed to find the 6" figures for less than 15.99 right now, so it's a great deal.

Regarding the Battlefront Shock Trooper figure... I did say the evidence of it coming out this weekend was spotty. I'll try to post as soon as I find out when it will actually be available.

6" Phasma in stock on kohls.com

Looks like they have roughly 25 of them in stock right now so I hope some of you read this quickly

use code harvest15 for 15% off

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2325264/null.jsp

ALSO... Kmart exclusive Kylo Ren in stock for shipping:
http://www.kmart.com/disney-star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch/p-004W007777783001P#

lasty... hasbrotoyshop.com is having a sale. 20% off your entire order plus free shipping. see their front page for details. they have lots of star wars items, including 6" figures. As of my writing this I see kylo ren, rey & bb8, first order stormtrooper etc. all in stock.

You'd be hard pressed to find the 6" figures for less than 15.99 right now, so it's a great deal.
Sweet. Went to hasbrotoyshop and got Kylo and another Rey (going to return the one from TRU). Phasma already out of stock.

K-Mart exclusive Kylo Ren Black Series jist shipped for me. Don't recall if it said so before, but it now confirms
it is on Starkiller base.

Another thought I just had about the set, I wonder if the opponent Kylo is facing
isn't actually Finn, but rather is Rey or maybe even Luke. Disney hasn't been afraid to show us Finn with the lightsaber in that battle in marketing materials, but yet we still don't know who the other half of this set is with Kylo.

womp

My wife brought me the Black Series Trooper home yesterday. One left on the rack at WalMart. UGH, now I want more. :(

NEpwNB9GGYN9280UIZYXtc5MBIofMvB66oGRNdoudxAK_i0MHUNcQiAegXoI9qpvLjemt-CnwbY4nSj1kWhwcDM3ZBk6dVZKFebc6ggXl0M_Qr35_ym-D5eRnJW9Uu0WZokJY-kbWsTUuGxV0VQ4nfNF_qK_g9_lknNVS2yqjxDRTxZEQZ9r_IUuuionCbaAq0FnPWqtoDjFWPKVObvQakqmY2N5S5vxX9n0oXcWZOkIZQhr80cYQQSTIoEUvcTQvjReZmpgFtmbp10L36cnIzmt3AmNOSGZT9tKEr_1xv3oPbNf51TqbHL2Y3GtA1LaaC455CgP4CfWpDRkVTtznMf7nrcvCLq3l3fYLnwN2MXF4KeJNiay0t1xqTscxFRieG84TNTVmAZ4MokMg76GPfLUrI5QPRXEhrwDVfQcxMYcZ0nLYOi7ntufjvaxcjkEmERnNW0McrFXQNqqmezC-xRW3GKGmVuR9Xi00yzRu4eU8VpWF2CbBqh6hN736FwqlMXCJRVI7Znxtqgmf0JBvClDwQtlhoD_9aonSnb5Qjxq=w545-h967-no

K-Mart exclusive Kylo Ren Black Series jist shipped for me. Don't recall if it said so before, but it now confirms
it is on Starkiller base.

Another thought I just had about the set, I wonder if the opponent Kylo is facing
isn't actually Finn, but rather is Rey or maybe even Luke. Disney hasn't been afraid to show us Finn with the lightsaber in that battle in marketing materials, but yet we still don't know who the other half of this set is with Kylo.

I think you're on to something there. Wouldn't be shocked if that's exactly what they're planning.

Rootbeer

Banned
Finally...

People are finding them at Wal-Mart in Florida. Spreading across the country as we speak.

UPC is 630509371790. That's all that's been discovered so far.

3Esf8W3.jpg

NoRéN

Don't know if this will prove useful but today was the opening for the Star Wars stuff at Innoventions at Disneyland. Lots of new merchandise.

Good news: Lots of stuff in stock including Black Series figures.

Bad News: no one had the mind to limit merch per customer. A handful of customers walked out with as many Phasmas as they could carry.

Tom_Cody

Question:

This is kind of a general question, but is there a line of really high quality models of the various ships? Or even specific ones? Like what hottoys is for figures, but for the ships/spacecrafts?

//ARCANUM

NoRéN;185763803 said:
Don't know if this will prove useful but today was the opening for the Star Wars stuff at Innoventions at Disneyland. Lots of new merchandise.

Good news: Lots of stuff in stock including Black Series figures.

Bad News: no one had the mind to limit merch per customer. A handful of customers walked out with as many Phasmas as they could carry.

ugh, thats so gross. i'm so happy my die cast phasma is delivering today and i no longer have to worry about acquiring a phasma.

Yarbskoo

Question:

This is kind of a general question, but is there a line of really high quality models of the various ships? Or even specific ones? Like what hottoys is for figures, but for the ships/spacecrafts?

I'm beginning to think if you want super high quality vehicle models you're going to have to build them yourself, which is quite unfortunate.

Tom_Cody

Bandai model kits are quite nice.

Or LEGO if you like the aesthetic
Thanks for the response.

I'm already all over the Legos and it looks like the Bandai models are worth checking out.

For whatever reason it seems like the ships aren't as popular as the characters in general.
I'm beginning to think if you want super high quality vehicle models you're going to have to build them yourself, which is quite unfortunate.
Building I can do, but painting is more of an issue. The Bandai models look nice, but they are still kind of a level below what I'm looking for unfortunately.

ghostmind

Question:

The X-Wing Miniatures Game kits makes for nice models, if you are ok with the scale.

womp

Went to grab the PC version of Battlefront at Gamestop earlier, I refused to pay $50-60 but after some wheeling and dealing (a rebate gift card and a couple 3DS game trade ins) I walked out with it and this for $15 total cash....

I couldn't resist that $19.99 price point. He's bad ass. :p

Went to grab the PC version of Battlefront at Gamestop earlier, I refused to pay $50-60 but after some wheeling and dealing (a rebate gift card and a couple 3DS game trade ins) I walked out with it and this for $15 total cash....

I couldn't resist that $19.99 price point. He's bad ass. :p

That white doily is a perfect Hoth backdrop...

Tom_Cody

Is that a Star Destroyer with Tie Interceptor wings?
Something like that.

The ship was created in order to have a stand-in for the star destroyer in the X-Wing tabletop game, as the actual star destroyer is waaay too big if kept in the same scale. This ship is roughly the same size as the ship at the start of Episode 4 that the star destroyer captures.

12243930_10156294208920370_599311719_n.jpg

This figure showed up in my mailbox yesterday; same day that I scored presale Star Wars tickets here in Taipei (IMAX cinemas across Taiwan seem to be the only theaters doing advance ticket sales at the moment).

Anyway, I scored this figure from a collector online. I posted in the Rebel Scum forums that the Black Series Kylo Ren Starkiller Base figure that was apparently "exclusive" to Kmart in the U.S. had been on department store shelves here in plentiful supply. Some people can't get this particular edition of Ren for various reaons, not the least of which being the fact that Kmart is supposedly awful and stores weren't getting their stock.

Anywho, I posted saying that I could get this particular version of Ren very easily for anyone who wanted it, and I'd be willing to trade. Stupidly I asked for Phasma, not knowing just how difficult it is to get a Black Series Captain Phasma at the moment.

This guy works for a Collecting Warehouse or something, and he said he had a Phasma on order that he scooped up from Toys R Us online, and if they didn't screw up the order and they shipped Phasma and not something else, he'd trade me evenly for it (and we'd not even factor in shipping costs, we'd just send them).

I can't BELIEVE I got this figure. It's so fucking cool.

I wasn't even a toy collector until about a month ago. My son was just recently born and when I saw the Black Series figures I said "These are kind of cool...and I have a child now...so, why not!?"

So I think I can safely say I'm going to stop at 6 Black Series figures. I've got the aforementioned edition of Kylo Ren, a First Order Stormtrooper, Jakku Finn and Rey w/BB8, the Empire Strikes Back version of Luke Skywalker (dressed in the jumpsuit he wears to the fight with Vader), and now this.

These are some pretty damn cool toys, I must say.

Yarbskoo

Something like that.

The ship was created in order to have a stand-in for the star destroyer in the X-Wing tabletop game, as the actual star destroyer is waaay to big if kept in the same scale. This is ship is roughly the same size as the ship at the start of Episode 4 that the star destroyer captures.

Yeah, if the Imperial Class Star Destroyer were in the same scale, you probably wouldn't have a table big enough to put it on. You'd have to rent a gymnasium or something to be able to maneuver it in any way. That's what the Star Wars Armada game is for.

Top Bottom