• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Simo

Man, I'm super impressed with the Kylo ForceFX saber. It's my first one actually and I was surprised by the weight of the thing and the hilt being made of metal with all that detail including the separate wiring etc.

I thought it was pretty bright in the day but holy shit it's illuminating my whole house now. Nerding out and scaring my pets as I'm lighting this up from room to room. LOL

Man, I'm super impressed with the Kylo ForceFX saber. It's my first one actually and I was surprised by the weight of the thing and the hilt being made of metal with all that detail including the separate wiring etc.

I thought it was pretty bright in the day but holy shit it's illuminating my whole house now. Nerding out and scaring my pets as I'm lighting this up from room to room. LOL

Play with mine daily. lol. Have it hanging from the wall with a DIY mount and every time I walk by I play.

Simo

I might do the fluorescent bulb protector trick to give it that "fiery" look down the road but for now I love it as is. lol

Been catching up on some Hasbro figures I missed over the last few years (Hoth Trooper, Troyn Farr, a few Leia and Padme figures and the CW Y-wing)

I was really surprised to see that
red_invasion2.jpg

was only done as a figure a single time back in 1999.
Kinda surprising with how iconic that look was to Episode 1.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I will say the voice changer surprised me. Seeing some YouTube videos I was a little dubious of it but actually trying it out and messing around with the pitch I found it to be quite cool actually and nearly as muffled as some of the videos. My dogs hated me though. lol

Did you remove that mouth piece thing inside the helmet?

Simo

Did you remove that mouth piece thing inside the helmet?

I did not but I just realized my typo in the original comment. I meant to say I didn't find it nearly as muffled as a couple of the video reviews I watched. Sorry about that. lol

womp

Was on the way home from dinner with my wife and son tonight...just for shits and giggles I asked them if we wanted to run into our local TRU to check out the carnage.

Made our way back to the Star Wars section and immediately I checked their Black Series stock. They have about eight Finn's all laying in a row....but then behind them what do I see peeking out....

I couldn't resist....Even though I should....I promised I wouldn't buy anymore 'toys'. :( Luckily I am only grabbing a few of the Troopers really, and then I can stop. hehe

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Just grabbed him off Amazon for like $14.

Help...I'm addicted...:(

I managed to swear off Star Wars merch entirely for 16 years. The only toys I bought during that time were the RC Battlebots from the original TV run.
Now I have:
6" Biker Scout w/ Speeder Bike
6" Han (Hoth) w/ Tauntaun
6" OG Han (They really went crazy with the accessories on this one. I mean that in a good way.)
6" Greedo (He doesn't shoot.)

$65 in so far. Thinking about building the Bandai R2-D2 that's at 6" Black Series scale...

So I was given these Hot Wheels vehicles which are styled to look like their respective characters. I love them! I have four. The other two I have is a truck that looks like Chewie and car styled like a droid similar to R2.

These two are the money though. Boba Fett and CP30
20151128_205826mvaa1.jpg

20151128_210641fna32.jpg

Edit: fixed lol.

gsrjedi

So my aunt got me these Hot Toys vehicles which are styled to look like their respective characters. I love them! I have four. The other two I have is a truck that looks like Chewie and car styled like a droid similar to R2.

These two are the money though. Boba Fett and CP30

Think you mean Hot Wheels, Hot Toys make much more expensive SW toys. I really like these cars too. Wicket & Kanan are the hardest to get since they were at the end of the old packaging and haven't been rereleased in the new packaging.

womp

Link broke. But I understand.

Weird, works here...In any case I moved the pic to Imgur now...should be fine. :)

I managed to swear off Star Wars merch entirely for 16 years. The only toys I bought during that time were the RC Battlebots from the original TV run.
Now I have:
6" Biker Scout w/ Speeder Bike
6" Han (Hoth) w/ Tauntaun
6" OG Han (They really went crazy with the accessories on this one. I mean that in a good way.)
6" Greedo (He doesn't shoot.)

$65 in so far. Thinking about building the Bandai R2-D2 that's at 6" Black Series scale...

Yeah I haven't bought squat, if anything over the past 5 years I had sold off my entire vintage collection that was boxed up in the closet. I'm 42, they aren't doing anything and I'd rather have the cash. That said, I couldn't resist some of these Black Series figures to throw on my desk.

In the past month I snagged the Biker Scout and Speeder Bike, Kylo, Snowtrooper, First Order Trooper and now Han Stormtrooper. I don't want them all, I've just always been a fan of the Troopers. Right now I am just trying to get my hands on a Sandtrooper and Bossk and I think I am done. :p

The local Toys R Us has that Han/Greedo showdown on clearance for $25 and I am trying to resist that one as well...as you said, all those accessories boggle my mind. heh

I have my Vader and Kylo Force FX Light Sabers hanging up and there is room on the wall where they hang for one more so I ordered the Anakin/Luke/Finn Black Series Force FX to complete the wall. Should have it Wednesday and can't wait to see the blue blade in person.

JohnIIVII

Here is my costume for the premier. Items included are:
•Costumebase Kylo Ren Deluxe Costume/gloves
•Black Edition Kylo Ren Voice Changing Helmet
•Black Edition Kylo Ren Force FX Light saber

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Can't wait for the 17th!!

9rwr1OF.jpg

gsrjedi

NoRéN;187963311 said:
Anyone have an extra Toys r Us Hoth pin?

I missed that one, but when I went for the Yavin pin, I asked if they had any left & she found one. So ask at your local store, may get lucky

Jamesways

Caved and got another Black Series figure. My second favorite bounty hunter.
Some of these Black Series offerings are great. IG88 is just a bit too short, but love the detail and the sculpt on it regardless.

image_zps2cb23zzb.jpeg

Yarbskoo

This month's vehicle: The Action Fleet Trade Federation MTT!
xwZElsB.png

This one has a cool low profile variation of the Action Fleet stand, one that unfortunately doesn't leave much room for any figures standing beneath.
bO2WBjZ.png

Like the rest of the line, this toy has some nice details here and there.
PdGCdvg.png

The troop deployment hatch opens up, and the lever on the top of the model operates a nifty little extension mechanism for the troop deployment rack. The toy only comes with one droid, but there's a second seat if you want to supply your own co-pilot.
Ojncmpe.png

If the stand isn't your thing, the toy comes with the traditional Action Fleet landing gear as well as some wheels that I've never seen on any Action Fleet vehicle before. They're kinda neat, but they're also so small that the front of the ship drags on the ground.
E9DfBJx.png
6pmE4U4.png

The twin blaster cannons rotate independently in their sockets, though one of them is really difficult to move on mine.
F19Rv7v.png

Overall, the toy has some nice detail and the shape makes it fit well in your hand, but the ship is just kinda boring. It's not really a combat vehicle, and the color scheme is just kinda bland. The toy is well made for the most part, but Lucas didn't really make it do anything interesting in the films, so it's not particularly exciting as a toy either.

womp

^ Looks more like Anna Paquin IMO but otherwise, very cool.

(Well mostly, Speederbike and scout are on my PC). Han's disguise must be working out too, Kylo doesn't seem to suspect a thing. :D

Experien

^ Looks more like Anna Paquin IMO but otherwise, very cool.

15%2B-%2B1

Gang is all here (Well mostly, Speederbike and scout are on my PC). Han's disguise must be working out too, Kylo doesn't seem to suspect a thing. :D

don't see it but are line are those figures from?

raindoc

I need a Stormtrooper helmet. To wear. Amazon has a "Shepperton Studios" model for sale, but the detailed description says "for girls"?

Any recommendations?

Shepperton Studios? That's an odd name for a Stormtrooper helmet.

For reference: Shepperton Studios is a film studio in the UK used for films such as Avengers: Age of Ultron. It is owned by the Pinewood Group, the parent company of Pinewood Studios, where The Force Awakens was filmed.

Edit: Can you link it?

enewtabie

I'm trying to find a lightsaber. Not the plastic kids ones,but one similar to the movies but I don't need an exact replica. I've been looking at ebay,but everything is 300-400 dollars. Any recommendations or do I just need to spend the money?

Hagi

Finally getting my two figuarts droids tomorrow, expect pictures! Glad i passed on the Clone Troopers now I've seen pictures of the variants they are doing.

Top Bottom