• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Ruze789

I need a Stormtrooper helmet. To wear. Amazon has a "Shepperton Studios" model for sale, but the detailed description says "for girls"?

Any recommendations?

Strange that it says for girls. Shepperton Studios could be from Shepperton Design Studios, also known as SDS to Star Wars helmet collectors. It seems the common opinion is that they're overpriced, you might be better off looking for a Master Replicas (MR) or eFX.

I'm trying to find a lightsaber. Not the plastic kids ones,but one similar to the movies but I don't need an exact replica. I've been looking at ebay,but everything is 300-400 dollars. Any recommendations or do I just need to spend the money?

Are you looking for just the hilts for display, or the full lightsaber with light up blades?

If you're looking for the full thing, the Hasbro Black Series Force FX sabers are pretty awesome. Metal hilts, good sound and light effects. I have a couple of older Master Replicas Force FX sabers from before Hasbro took over, and they're still working and in fine shape. The current Hasbro offerings are ANH Luke, Vader, Yoda, and Kylo Ren although I've only seen the Yoda and Kylo in stores.

If you're looking for just the hilt, I don't have much input on those. I bought a hollow Force FX Anakin hilt just for display, someone had taken the blade off and removed the electronics and I just wanted a nice belt hanger hilt for Halloween one year.

Simo

Kylo Ren from Hot Toys has been released in Hong Kong! Look for some reviews and collector's photos to crop up over the weekend.
12362720_1241230815891055_6083092978799697615_o.jpg

Tom_Cody

Finally getting my two figuarts droids tomorrow, expect pictures! Glad i passed on the Clone Troopers now I've seen pictures of the variants they are doing.
I just ordered a droid and a clone trooper last night. They will be my fight figuarts. I can't wait to check them out. I will look for ward to your droid pics.

Rootbeer

Banned
FREE Google Cardboard (Star Wars version) with free shipping.

google-cardboard.jpg

Google Cardboard is a virtual reality (VR) platform developed by Google for use with a fold-out cardboard mount for a mobile phone. It is intended as a low-cost system to encourage interest and development in VR and VR applications. (learn more)

4 versions to pick from: BB-8, R2-D2, Kylo Ren and First Order Storm Trooper

Supported: Android 4.2 and higher and iOS 8.0 and higher. Smartphone with screen up to 6 inches

Limit 1

https://store.google.com/product/61378afccd1eb7d5

This is great cause the Star Wars app now has google cardboard build in.

Ruze789

I think that the next up are a First Order TIE Pilot and Resistance Trooper, along with mainly a restock of 1st wave figures. I've seen a couple UK collectors who have mentioned finding them. The Han Jango wave is after that, I think.

I ended up buying my fiancee the dark side cover girl lipstick. Only bought it because it said Star Wars. But it looks really good. Also bought 2 Force Awakens X-wing miniatures sets. They were $25 on Amazon. Seems like a good price to get into the game.

ghostmind

For trading card fans, The Force Awakens Series 1 is set to arrive in stores on the 18th.

kgcZgZc.jpg

The hobby box preorders have mostly been bought up by now, but there should be plenty of retail packs made available.

RobbieNick

I wonder how far down in price Legendary Yoda is gonna go before they start to sell? They're pretty much $99 everywhere. My local Wal-Mart has about 20 of them collecting dust. Was this toy too overpriced? I wish that TrU remote control R2-D2 would drop that fast.

womp

Lucked out at Target tonight. According to Target.com Phasma was listed as 'IN STOCK' at all my local stores so I went to the one 4 miles down....NOTHING. So I asked the girl to check the one another 4 miles down from there and she said "Oh, they got 50 of them"....so off I went.

I get there, go down the aisle...10 Finn, 5 Poe and 10 Constable Zuvio. No Phasma. Had the girl there check for me, she goes in the back and comes out with a handful saying "OK, so this is what makes up the assortment..." HUZZAH....one...Turns out the 50 was stock of Black Series figures as a whole, not just Phasma.

Can't wait to add her to my little army. hehe

RyanW

I don't know how many people here collect Topps' Galactic Connexion discs but series 2 with all new characters comes out on the 18th with series 1 retiring on the same day.

They're exclusive to walmart and if it's anything like Force Friday some walmarts might be giving away free promotional packs with exclusive discs in them

I've got a Phasma and Kylo black series 6 inches coming for Christmas. I almost bought Poe too but he face looks way off. Which is massively disappointing because he is the character I'm wanting to see in the movie the most.

Rootbeer

Banned
Turns out the 50 was stock of Black Series figures as a whole, not just Phasma.
Yes. this is how target inventory system works, even on their website. sorry you had to learn this the hard way but at least you got the figure.

You got lucky. Most people who figure this out don't get their score!

I've got a Phasma and Kylo black series 6 inches coming for Christmas. I almost bought Poe too but he face looks way off. Which is massively disappointing because he is the character I'm wanting to see in the movie the most.

Is it the X-Wing pilot one? The two-pack Poe with the Riot Control Stormtrooper looks more like Isaac in my opinion. I haven't got the X-Wing Poe but he does look a bit off.

womp

Yes. this is how target inventory system works, even on their website. sorry you had to learn this the hard way but at least you got the figure.

You got lucky. Most people who figure this out don't get their score!

I realized it when I looked at the pegs in the aisle while I waited for her to check the stock room and they shared the same number...the problem is that when you look at the individual figures on the Target.com website, you think it applies to each ala say Amazon. I know better now.

At least as you said, I lucked out. Luckily for me, I am also pretty much done collecting this series for now. Hehe

Hey, this Disney Store Kylo Ren lightsaber is pretty cool.

They were handing this and Luke sabers out for free at the London premiere yesterday. Also Star Wars Google Cardboard (I got a Stormtrooper one).

Anth0ny

ok is there a breakdown anywhere of all the bb8 toys

cause I watch TFA and now I want a bb8 toy

I don't know if I want one that rolls, or that's big. I just want to see what's out there and how much everything costs.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Experien

ok is there a breakdown anywhere of all the bb8 toys

cause I watch TFA and now I want a bb8 toy

I don't know if I want one that rolls, or that's big. I just want to see what's out there and how much everything costs.

Any help would be appreciated :)

There quite a bit of plushies if that is your thing. Especially not so big ones, like this one that squeaks.

Metalmarc

So today i found unexpectedly the tops stickerbook starter pack, which comes with 6 packs of widescreen stickers and 4 inside the album covering the OT and force awakens, much like the previous topps card set, but unlike those cards this book has sections for set 2 of the stickers, which wont be available until Feb 2016, but wont need a new book because this one has space for them, nice touch.

image.jpg

womp

So today i found unexpectedly the tops stickerbook starter pack, which comes with 6 packs of widescreen stickers and 4 inside the album covering the OT and force awakens, much like the previous topps card set, but unlike those cards this book has sections for set 2 of the stickers, which wont be available until Feb 2016, but wont need a new book because this one has space for them, nice touch.

image.jpg

What store was this found at? My son and I would love this. :)

Charcoal

Sideshow finally released a preview of their Premium Format Kylo Ren statue!

Hnnnng. The probable two year wait for this is going to be torture. :/
I can not wait to see more of this! I was super close to ordering the Boba Fett premium, but figured I'd hold off for this.

Like you said though, there's going to be a lot of waiting...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
In Japan at the moment and popped into Yellow Submarine in Chiba. They had some 'ronin' versions of Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. Didn't buy them but took a photo of them. Picked up a small figure arts Stormtrooper and a bandai model kit of a scout trooper and speeder bike.

In Japan at the moment and popped into Yellow Submarine in Chiba. They had some 'ronin' versions of Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. Didn't buy them but took a photo of them.

Yeah, those are from the Movie Realization line. They're fairly popular at the moment, with several American retailers carrying them.

In Japan at the moment and popped into Yellow Submarine in Chiba. They had some 'ronin' versions of Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. Didn't buy them but took a photo of them. Picked up a small figure arts Stormtrooper and a bandai model kit of a scout trooper and speeder bike.

Dat Neo Zeong behind them.

Yarbskoo

Man, I really want Luke's lightsaber blue edition, but I don't want to pay over 100 dollars for one. I also want it to be the actual size and not supersized to accommodate bulky batteries. I don't necessarily need a blade, but if there is one I want it to also be fairly accurate in length.

Is this too much to ask?

Top Bottom