• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Snaku

Banned
I can not wait to see more of this! I was super close to ordering the Boba Fett premium, but figured I'd hold off for this.

Like you said though, there's going to be a lot of waiting...

I'm going all in on Star Wars PFs. Have Boba preordered, and will order Kylo as soon as they put him up. They're also working on a Sandtrooper, First Order Stormtrooper, and a new Darth Maul PFs.

Red Comet

Damn it. Was trying to avoid this trap, but I saw the movie today and have fallen back down the Hot Toys rabbit hole. Ordered a FO trooper and a squad leader along with Kylo Ren from Sideshow. Also pre-ordered Rey/BB-8.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So our Sphero BB-8 shipped and is suppose to be here by Tuesday. Gonna give it to boy child for Xmas. Can't wait to play with that thing.

Also my Star Wars Google Cardboard came in the mail yesterday. Holy fucking shit the Star Wars App is amazing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Bought the missus a BB-8 this past Saturday at JB Hi-Fi, $249 but very worth the price. She was so eager to get just the standard Sphero however when her eyes found BB-8 she went nuts. Now after seeing TFA last night she won't stop going on about the little robot, definitely the highlight of the film for her.

Now to just try and keep her from buying one before Christmas Day.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sphero just pushed a massive update to BB-8.

What's New
• New movie-true BB-8 sounds!
• Added 4 new droid commander buttons!

Boke1879

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just got my Toys R Us exclusive 12 " Captain Phasma in, and while it has a scruffiness about it (it's Hasbro and £14) the paint is the shiniest yet:

mU5X7eT.jpg

JYk6PMb.jpg

MFTsl46.jpg

VgaU5Sp.jpg

E8ICabY.jpg

Okay, so Force FX Sabers. They're legit, right? I asked in the spoiler thread. I want to get Vader's saber (cause red lightsabers are baller), but I'm in Canada, so... where can I get it from where I can the most legit saber (metal hilt and looks awesome lit up and is long) and it's not hilariously expensive :(

robochimp

Okay, so Force FX Sabers. They're legit, right? I asked in the spoiler thread. I want to get Vader's saber (cause red lightsabers are baller), but I'm in Canada, so... where can I get it from where I can the most legit saber (metal hilt and looks awesome lit up and is long) and it's not hilariously expensive :(

Yep, you want a force fx light saber. Hasbro is currently making Vader's, Luke's blue saber, and Yoda's sold as Force Fx Black Series. Retailing for $149.99. As for where to get them? They're out of stock every where.

Edit: forgot Kylo Ren's saber, that one is in stock most places but it's 200.

So I've decided I want a BB8 figure for my desk at work. I don't need the rolling one. Which is the best to get? Also if you have links to the cheapest for the UK it would be much appreciated 🙌

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So I've decided I want a BB8 figure for my desk at work. I don't need the rolling one. Which is the best to get? Also if you have links to the cheapest for the UK it would be much appreciated 🙌

Black Series Rey and Disney Elite Rey (which both come with him) are still getting scalped bigtime with no end in sight, and those Rey figures are awful. I'd say wait for the upcoming Bandai 1/12th scale model to go on sale. You'll probably be able to get the 2-pack of BB-8 and R2-D2 for around $20-25.

Rootbeer

Banned
So I've decided I want a BB8 figure for my desk at work. I don't need the rolling one. Which is the best to get? Also if you have links to the cheapest for the UK it would be much appreciated ��

There are lots of options and differeing budgets.

Here is a popular one that won't break the bank and is perfect for an office desk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013G0IQO2/

It is ever so slightly stylized but it looks nice. Can be found for 8.99 USD or thereabouts (9.99 or 10.99 sometimes, depends on the retailer). Another nice thing about these is if you decide you want to expand your display it's easy to find more that match it. The R2-D2 version is very nice looking, for example.

You can remove it from the black base if you don't like it.

Vidiot

I kinda want to get the TRU exclusive R2D2 interactive remote control droid. Looks so cool. It's just like real R2D2. Like $200 though. :/

doomquake

These were the two I bought.

Tempted by the classic Stormtrooper kit by bandai but wasn't sure how poseable they are. The smaller pre made one seems like it should be good for that.

Man that helmet design on the speeder stormtrooper is still so bad ass.

robochimp

I can't find Poe's X-wing anywhere....nor can I find Red 5 anywhere either :(

I'm assuming you're talking LEGO, You're going to have to keep an eye out, I noticed my Target had a restock of TIE fighters two days ago, that looked like pretty much the only thing they received. I'm sure a major restock is on the way.

Red 5 is all but retired at this point.

Haha, the word was out from my wife's side of the family.

I got Star Wars:

Blankets (smaller couch ones)
T shirts
Pajamas
Pillow

Good stuff!

Yes, you can go there and ask for a one day pass if they have any. Or try to find a friend or family member who has a card. They don't check them that closely.

Yes, you need a membership. But that price will likely vary from store to store as well, so your local stores may have a higher price.

Ah damn. Considering that Sam's club is a drive for me I decided to check the local targets to see if they were available. Found one at a target 15 miles away...got the last one! Will post pics when I get home.

mr-paul

I just noticed they're selling an alternate version of the Rey Elite Series figure
with the lightsaber, it's literally the same toy but with an added weapon.

Kinda shady of them to sell two packages that are pretty much the same apart from the spoiler. They could've waited until the next film to release another one though.

Ah well, I'm still pleased with the one I bought on Force Friday which was signed by Daisy Ridley :D

Anth0ny

And here I thought I'd be done after BB-8.

Welp, just picked this fucker up:

h2TSuKC.jpg

k now I'm done guys. seriously.

they had a fucking sweet looking remote controlled R2. hnnnngggggghhhhhhh

Hagi

My birthday present from my wife. Should I post progress shots every few hours when I start tonight or tomorrow?

J89edUw.jpg

It not being black really bothers me which is partly why I haven't picked it up, really cool set though. My girlfriend bought me the Millennium Falcon and Poe's X-Wing for Christmas.

Will you be doing the mod to make the wings fold out?

After building Poe's x-wing, I'm hooked now. Now I'm debating on whether or not I want Ren's shuttle or the Shuttle Tydirium

I am not. My display has them all landed and I don't have the room. I'm going slow as hell right now. Too many distractions. Bag one done in double the time it should have.

Bii

Korupt. You and I, we are both alike in so many ways. My girlfriend got me the same LEGO set for Christmas. I'm going to need to set aside a few hours to put it together but will read your posts as you update in this thread.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They really dropped the ball on the Black Series version of Traitor Trooper's anti-traitor baton. Sucks because the Figuarts one is already expensive AF and the Black Series one comes with the only halfway decent Poe.

Lol. This is a failure so far. Wife and I procrastinated dinner after coming home. Only bag one of 7 done. Cockpit area. Fun build so far. It's amazing how much detail gets hidden away in these things. I'm also amazed that I have never had a Lego set missing a piece. Every time I'm searching for a piece I tell myself that this is it, but I always find it.

Y5AiWIE.jpg

Could sell this little figure on the right for a chunk of change alone.

4Nzhf8d.jpg

Boke1879

They really dropped the ball on the Black Series version of Traitor Trooper's anti-traitor baton. Sucks because the Figuarts one is already expensive AF and the Black Series one comes with the only halfway decent Poe.

I definitely want the get the Figuarts Kylo Ren but I can't find him, and I definitely want a Figuart FO trooper

Top Bottom