• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Bag 2 done. That was a really fun part. Lots of not 90 degree angles to make.

hZPBnS1.jpg

bAVc3CB.jpg

Bags 3 and 4. This is one of the funnest builds I've done. Just some sophisticated building with some unsymmetrical looks that really add to the character of the ship.

Diversity.

X3bKfEG.jpg

62GSZ5L.jpg

KYRUfNh.jpg

I'm done for the night. I'm off tomorrow so I'll finish it up in the morning. I'm at like 4 hours build time, 1 hour 40 minuets of goofing off.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I didn't expect them to have faces after seeing the Phasma minifig.

Fox Mulder

They really dropped the ball on the Black Series version of Traitor Trooper's anti-traitor baton. Sucks because the Figuarts one is already expensive AF and the Black Series one comes with the only halfway decent Poe.

Cant be worse than the warped cheap piece of shit bowcaster that comes with chewie. I just threw it away.

I actually set foot in a Kmart in my desperate search for a Lego Poe's X-Wing. After trekking to the back corner of the store I find that they don't even have TFA Legos in their set yet and the only Star Wars Lego product they have left on the shelf is a Naboo Starfighter. Imagine opening that shit up as a kid this Christmas. I'd have probably run away from home.

As an aside, Rey's speeder is pretty cool. It's great for a smaller build and ending up being perfect for my desk.

Experien

I actually set foot in a Kmart in my desperate search for a Lego Poe's X-Wing. After trekking to the back corner of the store I find that they don't even have TFA Legos in their set yet and the only Star Wars Lego product they have left on the shelf is a Naboo Starfighter. Imagine opening that shit up as a kid this Christmas. I'd have probably run away from home.

As an aside, Rey's speeder is pretty cool. It's great for a smaller build and ending up being perfect for my desk.

I'd love the Naboo Starfighter! I just don't have space for planes :(

Vyer

Yeah, Targets around here are showing some in stock but there was nothing but a devastated toy aisle. Dude mumbled something about new product coming in but they are waiting for a reset next week.

It's pretty cool. I'm happy with it.

--

A friend on Facebook just posted a picture of their LEGO Millenium Falcon. It's calling to me.

Let it in.

(I have the last Falcon and it's a great set).

Boke1879

Guess I'm going to hunt for a black series Kylo to hold me over until I can order a figuarts

I need to know when the Kylo Figuarts is available.

They went up 50€ since last week. Its incredible.
And the Blu-Ray collections for each trilogy went up 70(!)€

Dat Star Wars craze.

I know. I guess I'll just wait until they drop in price. Really want these lego sets for display though.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Built the Lego Kylo Ren shuttle with my son. It's cool, but I'm disappointed that the wings don't tilt outward for flight mode like in the movie. That vulture-like look was one of the coolest things about the ship in the movie.

Still a cool kit though!

THis will be me soon. I'll start with the Tie Fighter, then move to the Xwing and then Ren's shuttle.

I got the X-Wing after Christmas which is currently on my shelf. I really should have bought the Tie Fighter last night too seeing as I could have price matched Amazon for $55 but it went back up in price :(

Wanderer5

Since it on sale on Target (well was online, but seems to be still possible for pick up orders), I decided to dive in for one more Lego Star Wars set for a little while. The TIE Advanced Prototype from Rebels. Will work on it tomorrow or Friday, but it looks to be pretty damn neat from the reviews I seen. The Inquisitor minifgure looks awesome too.

k2-_e9d4155b-387e-48ba-8543-23a6a5f26c67.v2.jpg

Wanderer5

Kind of funny, when I was seeing the Kylo's Upsilon-class with that U-shaped flight pose, it kind of turn me off from it.XD The shuttle still look good otherwise, but the V-shaped is soooo much nicer. Too bad that design wasn't shown to the companies when they were going off making these toys (well least with something like Lego you can modify that).

Ha! Enjoy man. My favorite build was definitely Ren's shuttle but the best looking still goes to Poes X-Wing. The Tie is a cool piece but I think over priced. Definitely get that on sale.

I'm starting on bag 5 now, but I got worried when I started working on bag 4 because I didn't know that there were two of them lol. I definitely thought I was missing pieces!

But I didn't think I'd actually enjoy the shuttle this much, it looks awesome so far.

Edit:

All done!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I can't even get him to hold the thing

Try running hot water over the hand and then closing the fingers tighter while running cold water over them. I just meant it's missing the articulation that's in the movie weapon, but yeah holding it at all seems to be a challenge for all of them.

Experien

Since it on sale on Target (well was online, but seems to be still possible for pick up orders), I decided to dive in for one more Lego Star Wars set for a little while. The TIE Advanced Prototype from Rebels. Will work on it tomorrow or Friday, but it looks to be pretty damn neat from the reviews I seen. The Inquisitor minifgure looks awesome too.

k2-_e9d4155b-387e-48ba-8543-23a6a5f26c67.v2.jpg

It is really a great set! Fun build and I love me some Inquisitor.

Tom_Cody

I got the Figuarts Clone Trooper and Battle Droid recently and damn if they are the coolest figures I've ever owned. Just amazing. I look forward to adding to my Figuarts collection as more figures are released over the coming months.

Question: Can anyone direct me to the clear supports in the image below? Or at least something similar? I'm eager to try some new poses for those figures.

To be specific, I want to achieve the pose on the right in the image below:
He7ZcvZ.jpg

Hagi

Sweet jeebus I got my two First Order Storm Troopers and Kylo Ren this week and wow I think Kylo Ren is my favourite toy I own. He looks so imposing! His helmet is really well detailed as is his cross saber, I think Bandai have done a really great job with him so glad I didn't bother trying to find a Black series version. I was a bit so-so on the hood but after I posed him a bit and angled the hood so it's not square to his face I really like it. Top notch figure overall! I'm solely on this Bandai train now can't wait for Rey and Finn to get revealed hopefully soon.

I got the Figuarts Clone Trooper and Battle Droid recently and damn if they are the coolest figures I've ever owned. Just amazing. I look forward to adding to my Figuarts collection as more figures are released over the coming months.

Question: Can anyone direct me to the clear supports in the image below? Or at least something similar? I'm eager to try some new poses for those figures.

To be specific, I want to achieve the pose on the right in the image below:

Tamashii Stage ACT 4 is what you are looking for as those are the stands made by Bandai and used in that picture. I bought some last time I was in Tokyo and they are pretty great.

Tom_Cody

Sweet jeebus I got my two First Order Storm Troopers and Kylo Ren this week and wow I think Kylo Ren is my favourite toy I own. He looks so imposing! His helmet is really well detailed as is his cross saber, I think Bandai have done a really great job with him so glad I didn't bother trying to find a Black series version. I was a bit so-so on the hood but after I posed him a bit and angled the hood so it's not square to his face I really like it. Top notch figure overall! I'm solely on this Bandai train now can't wait for Rey and Finn to get revealed hopefully soon.

Tamashii Stage ACT 4 is what you are looking for as those are the stands made by Bandai and used in that picture. I bought some last time I was in Tokyo and they are pretty great.
So this is what I'm looking for? Cool.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-IPN-1623

Boke1879

You're talking about the figuarts Kylo Ren correct?

Wanderer5

Gonna take a break after getting the First Order Troop Transport. These things take up a bunch of real estate.

I just look at the USC TIE Fighter set, and I like.... No. Ugh $200 and it huge, I rather not. DX The FO TIE Fighter and TIE Advanced Prototype is fine enough in scale/price.:p

I probably start looking at decent size Star Wars sets again later next year once I deal paying up for a couple other figure before then. I don't think there much I am interested in coming up in 2016 so far anyway beside maybe one of the battle packs.

Battle on Takodana. Non-helmet version too (but it seems the hooded kylo is still exclusive to his shuttle).

This and the Resistance Troop Transporter are new TFA sets that should be coming tomorrow (or they might be out in the wild already).

Oh yeah, I remember seeing it now. Definitely going to pick up one of those sets, I want a Kylo minifig.

Top Bottom