• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

mjc

The Target I got my copy of the movie at this morning had some of the new black series. Han, Finn in Stormtrooper, some Flamethrower Troopers, and Jango Fett. There was also one Captain Phasma that I bought, been looking to get one at list price for awhile now.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Black Series Kylo is everywhere now

Phasma is, too. I didn't see one until a month ago but now I'm seeing six or seven at a time.
But I've only seen two of the new figures from Waves 4-6, tons of Flametroopers (which are double-packed) and one Jango Fett. I haven't even talked to someone who's seen Hux or Asty.

Hex

Banned
Phasma is, too. I didn't see one until a month ago but now I'm seeing six or seven at a time.
But I've only seen two of the new figures from Waves 4-6, tons of Flametroopers (which are double-packed) and one Jango Fett. I haven't even talked to someone who's seen Hux or Asty.

I am hoping that I will actually be able to grab an Ahsoka in the wild sooner or later

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I randomly checked Amazon and they had them in so I hit check out and it was gone. I should have had one click turned on.

Dispatch

I can't believe I missed out on the Rey Starkiller base K-Mart fig.

I don't think this has been released yet.

And, if it has, then wait. The Kylo Ren Starkiller Base figure is pretty widely available now, and even somewhat an improvement over the orginal.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
First Order Snowtrooper Officer is $21.99 direct from Amazon right now.

Rogue One packaging reveal

Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Packaging-Sample.jpg

Yarbskoo

This month I've acquired the Action Fleet version of Anakin's Podracer.

ggb33Ki.png
UCXkSa7.png

Rotating the engine exhausts opens the air scoops and air spill doors. The little doors on the pod can also be opened.
373YYwy.png
tRsbBSs.png

The toy also features some alternate harness pegs, so you can decide how close you want the pod to be to the engines.
KwGMx0y.png
OYnNTPK.png

The cockpit is detailed and fits the mini-figure fairly well.
rj7ZNLb.png
1kQcn6L.png

The figure itself is detailed, but it doesn't have much use outside of the pod due to its pose.
nI14II6.png

If the standard Action Fleet stand is too stationary for you, the vehicle also comes equipped with wheels. The packaging mentions a "Retractable Balance Wheel", but as far as I can tell all of the wheels are in fixed positions.
9X13Rxs.png

Overall, another great Action Figure toy. The air scoops aren't quite as straight as I would have liked, but the sculpt is detailed and the paint on the main body of the engines and pod really sells the dirty weathered look. Articulated air scoops was pretty much a given, but I like that the smaller hatches can also be moved. I'm not a huge fan of how the connecting energy beam is represented, but it's not any worse than most podracer toys.

Rogue One packaging reveal

Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Packaging-Sample.jpg

This is clearly the new Action Fleet package design.

Clearly.

Yarbskoo

Nice. I continue to enjoy your action fleet posts.

This reminds me that I really want to pick up the 2012 Lego Podracer set.

I was just about to post this. It's great getting a look at the older merch.

I'm glad you find them interesting. I've certainly enjoyed going back and finding those toys I wanted but couldn't afford as a kid, even if it's not exactly the most responsible way to spend my extra cash.

TAJ

Black Series Phasma is now so common that Amazon is selling them for >$4 less than (their) regular price.
Also, in an incredible turn of events Amazon is actually scalping the Black Series TFA Han figure. WTF, Amazon.

Just incase any of you are interested in an official theatrical movie poster for The Force Awakens, Disney Rewards has a 27"x40" 1 Sheet version. This was sold out rather quickly around the time the movie came out and is back in stock. What makes it special is that it has the cast and crew, Imax logo's and release date along the bottom unlike the ones in the stores. "1 sheet" means its got that reverse side to it so that it lights up with a lit frame behind it just like outside the theaters. Also its "official," which can be tricky to find down the road given how easy they can be to replicate.

Its 1000 points, which is rather high for movie posters on Disney Rewards. Oh well.
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/rewards/star-wars-tfa-1sheet-poster-8339
starwars1sheetharrisonrevise1458932053736.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Just incase any of you are interested in an official theatrical movie poster for The Force Awakens, Disney Rewards has a 27"x40" 1 Sheet version. This was sold out rather quickly around the time the movie came out and is back in stock. What makes it special is that it has the cast and crew, Imax logo's and release date along the bottom unlike the ones in the stores. "1 sheet" means its got that reverse side to it so that it lights up with a lit frame behind it just like outside the theaters. Also its "official," which can be tricky to find down the road given how easy they can be to replicate.

Its 1000 points, which is rather high for movie posters on Disney Rewards. Oh well.

I was ignorant toward this program, but I saw your post and joined up. Redeemed like 5 movies and I got the poster. Absolutely thrilled to have the official one sheet.

I was ignorant toward this program, but I saw your post and joined up. Redeemed like 5 movies and I got the poster. Absolutely thrilled to have the official one sheet.

Im glad to hear you got one! I have been a member since the beginning and have accumulated a ton of points. Most of the rewards haven't really been up my alley and throughout the years i have only redeemed my points for official movie posters from Disney. I would advise you to stick with it for down the road as they will be releasing official theatrical posters for future Star Wars movies. It would be rad to get all three number movies from this trilogy.

Zombine

Banned
Im glad to hear you got one! I have been a member since the beginning and have accumulated a ton of points. Most of the rewards haven't really been up my alley and throughout the years i have only redeemed my points for official movie posters from Disney. I would advise you to stick with it for down the road as they will be releasing official theatrical posters for future Star Wars movies. It would be rad to get all three number movies from this trilogy.

This is my thought exactly! I find this to be one of the most fair point systems around. I have enough movies laying around for about 3000 more points or so lol

Edit: Just redeemed 2000k points. Looks like I'm in for a trilogy of 1-sheets.

Hex

Banned

The Marvel posters tend to be 1000 also, though they sometimes have mini posters for 500

Yarbskoo

Crack. I stumbled into those things when I was looking at Figurearts. Now I have way too many. They're just complicated enough to keep them interesting, but you don't have to suffer cement and paints. Dangerous.

Oh great. As if the Nendoroids and figmas and amiibo and Action Fleets weren't bad enough already.

This is my thought exactly! I find this to be one of the most fair point systems around. I have enough movies laying around for about 3000 more points or so lol

Edit: Just redeemed 2000k points. Looks like I'm in for a trilogy of 1-sheets.

Theres also a way to redeem Disney movie tickets. You get around 50 points per ticket. I redeemed 4 star wars tickets and a Inside out ticket for about 250 points. Worth a shot if you save movie tickets.

Hagi

Oh man I'm jealous I'd love one of those one sheets but our disney rewards (UK) is pretty crap for unique items like that.

Anth0ny

FINALLY came across a 3.75 inch Resistance Outfit Rey. amazing how hard this has been to find. prices seem really high on ebay still, too. managed to snag it for retail here in canada :)

and I think with that I'm done with 3.75 TFA stuff, unless they release Luke. time to prepare for rogue one...

Yarbskoo

So far so good. Haven't broken anything yet. Next is decals.
vWmntTH.png

I like the detail already, and the little arm accessories are nice additions.

So far so good. Haven't broken anything yet. Next is decals.
vWmntTH.png

I like the detail already, and the little arm accessories are nice additions.

I fitted small magnets in mine so I can put the head on different parts of the ball. There is plenty of room inside as you'll know. Totally worth the extra effort.

ROdQvIf.jpg

Yarbskoo

I fitted small magnets in mine so I can put the head on different parts of the ball. There is plenty of room inside as you'll know. Totally worth the extra effort.

ROdQvIf.jpg

Wow, that's a pretty neat idea. I also like the weathering on your droid. I'm not nearly confident enough to do it for mine.

Wow, that's a pretty neat idea. I also like the weathering on your droid. I'm not nearly confident enough to do it for mine.

It's not that big a plunge. Just use as little paint as possible to the point where the brush seems dry. BB8 is shiny so if your not too happy it can rub off fairly easily too. The kits as so reasonable anyway. At this point there isn't a figure I own in the £10-£50 range that I haven't done customising to. Whether it's as drastic as a reprint or resculpt to swapping out accessories. It's part of the fun.

Yarbskoo

Well, I fucked up some of the decals, but they still look better than the average Hasbro figure, even without paint.
Fp24i1i.png
n6qbbfA.png

One of the best things about building these is seeing how the parts fit together. Very cool. I may come back someday and attempt to add some paint detail, but I'm happy enough with them as is for now.

Do I dare try something more complex next? A Threepio, perhaps?

Yarbskoo

Damn, this thread's moving pretty slow, huh? Everyone just waiting for all that sweet Rogue One merch.

Anyway, here's another Action Fleet. This time it's Sebulba's Pod Racer.
GKhf3PS.png
UvuyPtx.png

The energy binder is just a cylinder with a decal on it this time. An orange wheel on the bottom of the engine rotates the cylinder. I would have preferred a sculpted energy beam inside of the transparent cylinder instead of a sticker.
jZFkHI0.png

Sebulba sits on the pod, but he doesn't fit particularly well. He's pretty loose in there, and I think they would have been better off just putting a peg in there for him to stand on, even if it meant not being able to put any other minifigure in.
9GXElQQ.png

The figure itself is detailed and unique, showcasing the Dug's unsettling limb configuration.
9tTZ8Wg.png

As an alternative to the Action Fleet stand, the toy features retractable wheels, and I think these work better than the tricycle design on Anakin's pod.
pQeWBPL.png

The paint has some detail, but I would have preferred some more grime, like Anakin's pod. It's also a bit disappointing that there's no flamethrower effect. You can see a peg hole on the side of the engine where the flamethrower would be, but there's no effect part included. It's a bit odd, but this isn't the first Action Fleet vehicle with a mysterious peg hole. Like Anakin's pod, Sebulba's harness cables can be attached in two different configurations, and with the cables connected to the back pegs, the pod racer is one of the longest Action Fleet vehicles. I'm not really a fan of the visible screw holes on the front sections of the engines, but I'm still pleased with it overall. It looks good next to Anakin's pod racer, even if the scale isn't quite accurate.
StGhLC2.png

Calcium

Banned
Just incase any of you are interested in an official theatrical movie poster for The Force Awakens, Disney Rewards has a 27"x40" 1 Sheet version.

Thanks for posting this, man. Just on a whim today I grabbed what few Disney movies I own and I had more than enough points to get this. Never would have bothered with the Rewards program if I hadn't seen your post.

TAJ

Amazon is dumping Black Series Finn for $8.50.

Lmo911

Well, I fucked up some of the decals, but they still look better than the average Hasbro figure, even without paint.
Fp24i1i.png
n6qbbfA.png

One of the best things about building these is seeing how the parts fit together. Very cool. I may come back someday and attempt to add some paint detail, but I'm happy enough with them as is for now.

Gah I missed your post! They look great!

If you can do those C3PO shouldn't be that bad. I need to add him to my collection as well.

TAJ

C-3PO is much more difficult but I hadn't built a model in decades and it took a couple hours. The only challenges are not chipping the finish and adding four tiny pieces from Hell.
I'd recommend using flush cutters and cutting further away from the pieces than normal and shaving the burs off with an Xacto. Angle the blade slightly away from the visible sides of the pieces.

Thanks for posting this, man. Just on a whim today I grabbed what few Disney movies I own and I had more than enough points to get this. Never would have bothered with the Rewards program if I hadn't seen your post.

No problem man, glad i could help. Glad you got it because it was available back in December for about a couple days before it was sold out, and then made a return recently. Good thing you snagged it. I tend to stay up to date on the "New Rewards" section of Disney Rewards so i see almost everything new. Im going to make sure i get Episode 8's 1-sheet poster as well.

For the record i have mine and its amazing looking. As advertised its a see through poster that has the reversed image on one side, and is huge.

Tom_Cody

Fp24i1i.png
n6qbbfA.png

Great pics. I think I will be picking this set up soon. I'm currently having a blast building a Gundam model, and I will probably move onto this set next.

Nice!

Yarbskoo

Well, I finished Threepio. Despite being a horrible fingerprint magnet, the metallic finish really makes the whole thing work. If it wasn't so shiny, it wouldn't look nearly as good.
90H7oh1.png
sbCAju1.png

GqUY972.png
7X8voXw.png

The amount of display options is pretty impressive. He obviously doesn't have as many accessories as R2-D2, but there's still a handful of alt parts to choose from.
OYmzUVk.png

I'd say he's the best looking of the droids, if only because of that shiny paint.
JlTnDGV.png

I'd recommend using flush cutters and cutting further away from the pieces than normal and shaving the burs off with an Xacto. Angle the blade slightly away from the visible sides of the pieces.

That's probably what I should have done. I used flush cutters and a file like I did with BB-8 and Artoo, but I probably damaged the finish more that way. Having to pull pieces apart because I forgot to put in some other part a few times probably didn't help either.

Great pics. I think I will be picking this set up soon. I'm currently having a blast building a Gundam model, and I will probably move onto this set next.

Those Gundam kits look pretty neat. I'd probably preorder that Xenoblade skell kit right now if I thought I'd have room to display it. I've already got a Majora's Mask Link nendoroid and the Good Smile Zero Suit Samus on the way though, so my limited space is becoming ever more limited.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thanks, I always thought these things were just figures.

20€ for a Stormtrooper isnt even that bad, or 29€ for an amazing looking AT-ST

Yarbskoo

Thanks, I always thought these things were just figures.

20€ for a Stormtrooper isnt even that bad, or 29€ for an amazing looking AT-ST

How amazing the AT-ST looks likely depends on your painting ability, though I'm sure the sculpt is highly detailed.

Well, I finished Threepio. Despite being a horrible fingerprint magnet, the metallic finish really makes the whole thing work. If it wasn't so shiny, it wouldn't look nearly as good.
90H7oh1.png
sbCAju1.png

GqUY972.png
7X8voXw.png

The amount of display options is pretty impressive. He obviously doesn't have as many accessories as R2-D2, but there's still a handful of alt parts to choose from.
OYmzUVk.png

I'd say he's the best looking of the droids, if only because of that shiny paint.
JlTnDGV.png

That's probably what I should have done. I used flush cutters and a file like I did with BB-8 and Artoo, but I probably damaged the finish more that way. Having to pull pieces apart because I forgot to put in some other part a few times probably didn't help either.

Very nice. I bought a few of these to do some variants. All gold, red armed but my favourite is my ESB weathered. Just gave him a dark wash and a light spray of clear matte sealer. I see you managed to put the wire decals on. Didn't bother myself too fiddly for me.

fylbhZL.jpg

Hasbro really dropped the ball on threepo. This figure is far better than their teased offering.

Top Bottom