• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Well i just hope that i can buy some of the harder to find guys down the road. Im new to star wars toys and pretty much only buy characters of the black series that i really want. I never even saw the Ello Asty wave. Seeing characters get voted up that are not even canon to the current story seems crazy. The rarest ones i have are ANH Luke, old Han, and FN 2187. I really do love this line but man is it hard to get. I pretty much skip all the small characters.

Yeah, it seems to have got worse since they started the new packaging with the first TFA wave, at least here in the UK. I had a lot of trouble getting Rey. I only just managed to get one recently and that's because they've re-released her with Luke's lightsaber. I've bought most of mine online.

Okay, serious question.... Why has Kotobukiya not announced any TFA ArtFX+ figures that have actual fucking faces yet? No Rey, no Finn, no anyone that would require an actual face sculpt. What's going on?

Yeah, it seems to have got worse since they started the new packaging with the first TFA wave, at least here in the UK. I had a lot of trouble getting Rey. I only just managed to get one recently and that's because they've re-released her with Luke's lightsaber. I've bought most of mine online.

I wish mine had come with the light saber. I couldnt find one until the second revision when they fixed her face. Which thank god, because that first one looked like a porcelain doll. Thats whats keeping me from getting Poe. He looks terrible.

Here's my Black Series figure.
Kylo Ren
Rey
ANH Luke
2 Storm Troopers
Tie Fighter Pilot
Old Han Solo
Fin
FN2187 Fin
Emperors Wrath Vader

I want the new Obi Wan with the table, which i guess is going to be sold on Hasbro's website, but i have no idea when that will drop. Does any one have any information?

I wish mine had come with the light saber. I couldnt find one until the second revision when they fixed her face. Which thank god, because that first one looked like a porcelain doll. Thats whats keeping me from getting Poe. He looks terrible.

Here's my Black Series figure.
Kylo Ren
Rey
ANH Luke
2 Storm Troopers
Tie Fighter Pilot
Old Han Solo
Fin
FN2187 Fin
Emperors Wrath Vader

I want the new Obi Wan with the table, which i guess is going to be sold on Hasbro's website, but i have no idea when that will drop. Does any one have any information?

That's a pretty similar collection to mine. I started buying the Black Series figures about a year before TFA. I need to post a picture at some point.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

I just keep the helmet on him. He makes a good generic X-Wing pilot figure since they only made five copies of Asty and I got him at a good discount. (Several of my figures I only pulled the trigger on because of price. Like the Resistance Trooper is boring but it was $8 at one point.) But then I have the Target Poe with the better face, too.
Here's what X-Wing Poe looks like with the helmet on.
Pretty good considering that Walmart has piles of them for under $15 right now.
https://postimage.org/
Someone with a lot more painting experience than me did this to him.

Rootbeer

Banned
Seems there is no guarantee this will come out but I still love it.

qvhg6oqfv7uywdmpd5j0.jpg

kawvwlsdlj7g2dx0mpzf.jpg

http://io9.gizmodo.com/so-thats-how-the-inside-of-the-millennium-falcon-is-lai-1784073989

SeanC

Would love to get that Obi Wan at SDCC. Highly unlikely but if I can get a regular version instead I'd still be happy.

R-3PO and R2-Q2 are coming to the ARTFX+ line, Barnes and Noble exclusive #StarWars #SDCC

Rey and Finn 2-pack is coming to the ARTFX+ line! #StarWars #SDCC #TheForceAwakens

Darth Vader is coming to the ARTFX+ line! #StarWars #SDCC

Minor correction. That Vader is ArtFX. Not ArtFX+. I believe it's a 1/7 scale, not 1/10. Thus the $130 price.

Kylo Ren is coming to the ARTFX+ line, will feature light up lightsaber! #SDCC #StarWars #TheForceAwakens

Good account to follow.

https://twitter.com/theswu/status/756583126869172224

Edit. Nvm. Post above is being edited.

R-3PO and R2-Q2 are coming to the ARTFX+ line, Barnes and Noble exclusive #StarWars #SDCC

Rey and Finn 2-pack is coming to the ARTFX+ line! #StarWars #SDCC #TheForceAwakens

Darth Vader is coming to the ARTFX+ line! #StarWars #SDCC

Kylo Ren is coming to the ARTFX+ line, will feature light up lightsaber! #SDCC #StarWars #TheForceAwakens

Good account to follow.

https://twitter.com/theswu/status/756583126869172224

Edit. Nvm. Post above is being edited.

Ah sorry Korupt. I didn't see the Rey and Finn news though. That's great. I'll be picking them up.

Ah sorry Korupt. I didn't see the Rey and Finn news though. That's great. I'll be picking them up.

It's all good man. Just excited as you are.

Gentle Giant up next.

Gentle Giant is making Boba and IG-88 figures next year! #SDCC #StarWars

Finn mini bust coming next year! #SDCC #StarWars #TheForceAwakens #GentleGiant

Leia from the end of ANH mini bust is in the works from #GentleGiant #SDCC #StarWars

Haha. Bb8 xmas decoration. https://twitter.com/steelewars/status/756585939250491392

New post for Sideshow up next!

Sideshow is revisiting their Bounty Hunter line, all will have full articulation and cloth and plastic #SDCC #StarWars

Sideshow announces Rey and BB-8 premium figures! #SDCC #StarWars #TheForceAwakens

Also, every company has announced they are making Rogue One products but have nothing to show at this time.

Next up is EFX Collectibles.

EFX is making Luke's ESB saber in their "Reveal" line #StarWars #SDCC

EFX is making a "epic duel" line of two lightsabers, one for each of the 1st six films #StarWars #SDCC

Next up is Proshop. Which I have never heard of.

I may get a SS Bounty Hunter to go with Cad and Boba but other than that, I won't be getting anything announced. Haha. My Star Wars merch is Hot Toys or 1/6 figures and Lego sets. That premium format Rey sounds nice but ultimately, too big. Maybe the Xmas BB8 if it's reasonable.

SeanC

Art FX stuff looks like they could be good, but I've honestly never been in love with their faces on the human characters. I think the oldObi Wan is the only one that really nailed it, but the others really feel off to me.

Their troopers/vaders/etc... are fantastic, though. I have a Vader and love it.

Art FX stuff looks like they could be good, but I've honestly never been in love with their faces on the human characters. I think the oldObi Wan is the only one that really nailed it, but the others really feel off to me.

Their troopers/vaders/etc... are fantastic, though. I have a Vader and love it.

If there's anything about human faces in that line, I think it's a bit of a trial to sculpt something with as much detail as a human face accurately at 1/10 scale. The results at 1/7 or 1/6 would probably be much better. But also considerably more expensive. 1/10 is usually a bit small for my taste, but I recently jumped into Kotobukiya's 1/10 Aliens line and love it.

SeanC

If there's anything about human faces in that line, I think it's a bit of a trial to sculpt something with as much detail as a human face accurately at 1/10 scale. The results at 1/7 or 1/6 would probably be much better. But also considerably more expensive. 1/10 is usually a bit small for my taste, but I recently jumped into Kotobukiya's 1/10 Aliens line and love it.

I suppose so, but in my head I'm thinking these are statues, not action figures, and more time could be spent on the faces because of expectations. For example, I think the Figuarts Luke captures the likeness just as good at 1:12 and as an action figure than a 1:10 static statue.

I suppose so, but in my head I'm thinking these are statues, not action figures, and more time could be spent on the faces because of expectations. For example, I think the Figuarts Luke captures the likeness just as good at 1:12 and as an action figure than a 1:10 static statue.

The accurate likenesses of the Figuarts line is easily explained. Bandai employs wizards.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Those OT Black Series... all over my face.

Nice. Is that in scale with the Hasbro figures?

Heh... A Falcon in scale with the figs would be absolutely massive. The 1/43 model that ILM built for ESB is almost three feet long and it's roughly to scale with Lego minifigs.
Hot Toys made a promo Falcon a mall display and you'd need a flatbed trailer behind a semi to move it in one piece.
Accurate vehicles are pretty much a no-go for 6" BS across the board. Here's what a 1/12 AT-ST looks like.

Dispatch

I enjoyed my Air Hogs Millenium Falcon, but these drones from Propel seem to be on another level.
  1. There will be four models: Millenium Falcon, X-wing, Tie Fighter (Advanced X-1), Speeder Bike
  2. They will reach speeds of 40 mph, except for the Falcon, which will reach 50 mph.
  3. They will be able to battle, with the "lasers" being able to be read by all models.
  4. They aren't currently scheduled to come out in the U.S., though. (They're also probably going to be around $300.)

Propel is taking reservations for the Fall/Winter release.

Yarbskoo

Those OT Black Series... all over my face.

Heh... A Falcon in scale with the figs would be absolutely massive. The 1/43 model that ILM built for ESB is almost three feet long and it's roughly to scale with Lego minifigs.
Hot Toys made a promo Falcon a mall display and you'd need a flatbed trailer behind a semi to move it in one piece.
Accurate vehicles are pretty much a no-go for 6" BS across the board. Here's what a 1/12 AT-ST looks like.

That AT-ST is sexy as hell.

In addition to the $130 Darth Vader, the new Kylo Ren is also a 1/7 scale, which makes it part of the ArtFX line, and not ArtFX+. The light-up saber was a hint, as the only other Koto Star Wars statue that I recall having a light-up lightsaber was the 1/7 Darth Maul.

I just keep the helmet on him. He makes a good generic X-Wing pilot figure since they only made five copies of Asty and I got him at a good discount. (Several of my figures I only pulled the trigger on because of price. Like the Resistance Trooper is boring but it was $8 at one point.) But then I have the Target Poe with the better face, too.
Here's what X-Wing Poe looks like with the helmet on.
Pretty good considering that Walmart has piles of them for under $15 right now.
Someone with a lot more painting experience than me did this to him.

I guess it does look rather good with the helmet on. Im no artist so i wont even bother with painting him, unless its the Wallgreens Vader helmet. Have you seen this image of the different faces of poe? https://imgur.com/a/w9q2u The inconsistency is insane. If i can find one like the bottom ill get that for sure. If not ill just snag the Target version.

Also these new figures all look like must buys. The quality always looks good in those promotional shots, but i have a good feeling that these will be close to those shots come production. I mostly want Lando and Obi Wan.

Experien

I enjoyed my Air Hogs Millenium Falcon, but these drones from Propel seem to be on another level.
  1. There will be four models: Millenium Falcon, X-wing, Tie Fighter (Advanced X-1), Speeder Bike
  2. They will reach speeds of 40 mph, except for the Falcon, which will reach 50 mph.
  3. They will be able to battle, with the "lasers" being able to be read by all models.
  4. They aren't currently scheduled to come out in the U.S., though. (They're also probably going to be around $300.)

Propel is taking reservations for the Fall/Winter release.

i click the reserve button but nothing happens :/

Welp, I did it. Ordered my first Star Wars ArtFX+ figures. Phasma and the First Order Stormtrooper 2-pack.

RIP

Though I'm only planning to buy the TFA figures and future releases from this point. So it's not like I have to suffer aftermarket pricing on the older ones or anything.

Welp, I did it. Ordered my first Star Wars ArtFX+ figures. Phasma and the First Order Stormtrooper 2-pack.

RIP

Though I'm only planning to buy the TFA figures and future releases from this point. So it's not like I have to suffer aftermarket pricing on the older ones or anything.
You get them from gamestop they are half offish

TAJ

I need the book Star Wars: The Blueprints by J.W. Rinzler for some CAD-> CAM-> resin casting stuff. There are two versions, limited and regular. Regular is fine. Used copies with damaged covers are fine.
I guess it's OOP in the US and Canada but not anywhere else? Amazon UK has it for less than the US cover price but they won't ship to me.
My US options seem to be...
1)Pay around $190 but wait weeks to more than a month because no faster shipping methods are offered by those sellers. I'm leaning towards this.
2)Pay >$300 and get it in a normal timeframe.
Option 2 really bothers me because I hate being taken advantage of. I'd be fine with paying $300 if that was the going rate, lol.
I don't know much about this whole online book buying thing. I searched for book storefronts and haven't found anything at smaller sites for under $275 yet at the few dozen places I've looked so far.
Ebay prices are higher than anywhere on this.
Ideas? Is it possible to get Amazon sellers to customize shipping?

3N16MA

Banned
Picked up a lightsaber at the Disney store for my nephew. Surprised to see Vader's hilt from ROTS on the shelf. It got no screen time and was used in some promo shots but someone at Disney decided to use it.

Decided to pick it up as this is probably the only time they will use that hilt.

TAJ

I pulled the trigger on the $200, slow-as-shit option.

Top Bottom