• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Yarbskoo

Very nice. I bought a few of these to do some variants. All gold, red armed but my favourite is my ESB weathered. Just gave him a dark wash and a light spray of clear matte sealer. I see you managed to put the wire decals on. Didn't bother myself too fiddly for me.

fylbhZL.jpg

Hasbro really dropped the ball on threepo. This figure is far better than their teased offering.

That looks really good. The articulated arm struts in particular blend in a lot better than on the vanilla build.

Yarbskoo

Ah, I have to point? No buy then^^ Thanks for the warning.

From what I see online, the sculpt detail and articulation is about as good as you'll get for a scale AT-ST, but the plastic seems to be mostly all the same color. I kind of like the clean untextured concept model look, and I'm sure it comes with a few decals, but yeah, it's not going to look the way it does on the box unless you paint it.

gsrjedi

That Figuarts Speeder Bike is awesome. Wish I knew about it beforehand, $200 just isn't doable right now.

cqa4jMvb.jpg

My cousin just got back from Disneyland & brought this back for me.

That Figuarts Speeder Bike is awesome. Wish I knew about it beforehand, $200 just isn't doable right now.

cqa4jMvb.jpg

My cousin just got back from Disneyland & brought this back for me.

Ugh, I didn't know this existed. I need it for my astromech collection. I really need to take a proper picture of that some day. I think I'm up to 28 different ones now.

Very nice. I bought a few of these to do some variants. All gold, red armed but my favourite is my ESB weathered. Just gave him a dark wash and a light spray of clear matte sealer. I see you managed to put the wire decals on. Didn't bother myself too fiddly for me.

fylbhZL.jpg

Hasbro really dropped the ball on threepo. This figure is far better than their teased offering.
You should post your custom work in the figure thread! I've always had a fondness for customs.

gsrjedi

There's a new company making prop replicas for TFA. The prices are ridiculous though. Was interested in Kylo Ren's saber, but not only is $1250 crazy they want another $200 in shipping.

You've probably seen them if you frequent the LEGO thread, but the first wave of Rogue One sets have leaked.

20160602-rogue-one-lego-set-sm.jpg

I think I need those Krennic and Death Trooper minifigs.

20160602-rogue-one-lego-figuren-sm.jpg

Yarbskoo

It's that time again kids.

Action Fleet Series Alpha: Sith Infiltrator.
VjEhze4.png

As with all of the Episode I Series Alpha sets, the larger ship is the concept vehicle, with the smaller model being the final film version. The influence of the TIE Fighter is apparent on both designs, with the film version looking more like Vader's TIE Advanced x1.
ibuszl8.png

The Darth Maul mini figure has the same black and red face paint as the final character, but features a white costume with a blaster holstered at the hip. The figure fits snugly in the cockpit.
McO0faC.png
IROD7wc.png

The vehicle's main action feature is the extending wings. When pulled out, the wings open the sensor array hatch on the front of the ship.
qkZbvDm.png
XFy9dpN.png

The toy also has some retractable landing gear, but they're really only there for display purposes. The weight of the wings pulls the ship forward enough that the feet come up off the ground a bit.
5x8607q.png

This is probably one of the weakest Episode I vehicles for me. It's light on features, and despite the somewhat metallic paint and detailed sculpt, the shiny black still looks kind of cheap compared to the matte grays and browns of the film ship model.
D8d0ykp.png

Still, it is a unique piece, the build quality is high overall, and the blue of the sublight engines contrasts nicely with the blacks and reds on the rest of the ship.
4hP5gm6.png

Hasbro have announced the exclusive Black Series figures coming in the next month or so.

Star Wars Celebration is getting unmasked Kylo Ren with Vader's helmet.

star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-kylo-ren-pack-1-188498.jpg

SDCC have got the old Obi-Wan figure.

star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-obi-wan-kenobi-pack-188502.jpg

star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-obi-wan-kenobi-pack-in-box-1-188500.jpg

Quite looking forward to these when they get a general release.

Boke1879

Hasbro have announced the exclusive Black Series figures coming in the next month or so.

Star Wars Celebration is getting unmasked Kylo Ren with Vader's helmet.

star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-kylo-ren-pack-1-188498.jpg

SDCC have got the old Obi-Wan figure.

star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-obi-wan-kenobi-pack-188502.jpg

star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-obi-wan-kenobi-pack-in-box-1-188500.jpg

Quite looking forward to these when they get a general release.

Can't wait to add these two to my collection.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Please tell me it's only the table and Leia hologram that are exclusive. (Like what they did with Boba Fett)

Another SDCC exclusive - Toys R Us this time.

CC_565160_SWDroidPack.jpg

Build your Star Wars collection with the Astromech Droid 3-Pack from The Black Series! This collectable showcase of the heroic droids from the Battle of Yavin features exquisite craftsmanship, multiple points of articulation and premium detail that only The Black Series from Hasbro and Star Wars can offer!

Yarbskoo

This week's delivery includes an Action Fleet Series Alpha Trade Federation Droid Fighter, so let's bust it open and take a look.
Y8zaW57.png

The concept design features a twin-pilot configuration as a tribute to Empire's cloud cars. This was scrapped when Lucas decided the fighter itself should be a droid.
S8uWqOZ.png

The battle droid concept figure is detailed, with a slightly more intimidating build than the final design.
oQWLmv5.png

The figure fits in either of the ship's two cockpits, which are opened by pulling out the engines.
YY8rbmO.png
7joQPRv.png

The vehicle features the standard Action Fleet landing gear, and a small sliding lever on the underside extends the air propulsion flaps on the front of the ship.
Wze6ZHa.png
jYk9xp7.png

The final film version model is nicely detailed, though I do kind of wish the wings were opened to the attack position.
WM0r1uS.png

I like the design of both ships, and while the action features are a bit gimmicky, the build quality is solid and the paint application is neat and clean overall.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Have they made this line for Attack of the Clones, too? Very interesting concept for a mercendise line, its always cool to see those unused design.

Yarbskoo

Have they made this line for Attack of the Clones, too? Very interesting concept for a mercendise line, its always cool to see those unused design.

As far as I know the Series Alpha line ended with the four Episode I vehicles. There were five regular Action Fleet vehicles released for Episode II, including the recolored Slave I, before the line was discontinued. It's too bad, I would have liked to see more concept vehicles brought to life.

Hasbro plz

Final Black Series poll is up for voting. Finalists are Mara Jade, Dengar, Captain Rex, Darth Talon, Starkiller, and Jaina Solo.

Vote Jaina people. The original (better) Rey deserves her due.

Lando is gonna get made regardless of whether he was in the final poll or not, it is one of the main reasons why I didn't vote for him in the original polls.

It'll probably be a while though, what the Rogue One waves coming and then Episode VIII's the year after.

I imagine a Thrawn figure's inevitable now.

Better look at Jyn via the Star Wars website:

Has the Black Series Revan been released.

Nope, not yet.

Given how slim these figures are to begin with, its a shame that store shelves will be shared with Darth Talon toys. I was always a Lando guy since this poll was announced. In the finals i ended up voting Mara Jade.

Given how slim these figures are to begin with, its a shame that store shelves will be shared with Darth Talon toys. I was always a Lando guy since this poll was announced. In the finals i ended up voting Mara Jade.

It'll be a while until we the winner on shelves anyway. Last year's winners - Revan and Sabine - still haven't been released.

It'll be a while until we the winner on shelves anyway. Last year's winners - Revan and Sabine - still haven't been released.

Well i just hope that i can buy some of the harder to find guys down the road. Im new to star wars toys and pretty much only buy characters of the black series that i really want. I never even saw the Ello Asty wave. Seeing characters get voted up that are not even canon to the current story seems crazy. The rarest ones i have are ANH Luke, old Han, and FN 2187. I really do love this line but man is it hard to get. I pretty much skip all the small characters.

Top Bottom