• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Better look at that Mafex Kylo:

image-83.jpeg

Seems to be up for pre-order on AmiAmi too.

Droids and Phasma here.

Rootbeer

Banned
any other links besides amiami?

i'm kinda tired of their difficult cancellation policy. I want to order somewhere that I can easily change my mind. November could be a very full month thanks to Rogue One merch, I need to have flexibility

i don't see them on cdjapan or hlj yet

bbts is also marking the prices up (not good)

any other links besides amiami?

i'm kinda tired of their difficult cancellation policy. I want to order somewhere that I can easily change my mind. November could be a very full month thanks to Rogue One merch, I need to have flexibility

i don't see them on cdjapan or hlj yet

bbts is also marking the prices up (not good)

Not that I can see. There's some good images of them on Making Star Wars though.

I'm tempted by Kylo but I have the Black Series version and I'll probably buy the ArtFX statue. They're not even out until November/December.

Rootbeer

Banned
There's also going to be a MAFEX RotJ version of Boba Fett. I like this one more than the ESB one.
Same!

I know many people prefer Fett's role in ESB more, but the RotJ costume is just better, hands down. Way more interesting colors.

I went to a Wallgreens last night and found a row consisting one of each of Jango, Han, Phasma, FN 2187, and the Flame Trooper. Ive been striking out so this was a real surprise for me to see this. I ended up getting Han. I passed Jango because the prequel characters hold no weight with me.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Last night I was reading about how to do candy paint colors and learned about Alclad. Then later I went out and saw a Black Series Phasma in the wild for the first time and had a "Eureka!" moment. Bought it to mod and save a lot of money and waiting on MAFEX or a kit. I looked up whether someone had done it before. Of course they had.

http://postimage.org/

Aaaaaand my new airbrush hose came. I can finally get to work... when I have time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
HLJ cancelled my preorder on Figuarts Jedi Luke because they couldn't fill it.

Rootbeer

Banned
HLJ cancelled my preorder on Figuarts Jedi Luke because they couldn't fill it.
Seen some other people reporting this. Sucks.

That's really frustrating because it's not like you can easily order it somewhere else. You can find places, but a lot are going to be inflating the price.

My amiami order is holding... so far. I have never received a cancellation from them to-date.

You would think that with a 6" SW figure that making plenty of them would not be an issue. Apparently it is for Bandai.

//ARCANUM

THE FORCE AWAKENS BLU-RAY PRE-ORDERS ARE LIVE

Best Buy Steelbook: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wa...al-hd-copy/4942301.p?id=3537841&skuId=4942301

Target edition with 20 mins extra content: http://www.target.com/p/star-wars-t...LN1|T:Template_Grid1B|C:CMS&intc=3240051|null

Wal-Mart is supposed to have a BB-8 cover edition, but I only see the standard on their site right now: http://www.walmart.com/ip/49703055?...ModuleZone&athmtid=AthenaPOVStory&athena=true

What's wrong with the title on the steelbook spine Zavvi?

11216153-1764371078453306.jpg

This looks like the standard Blu-Ray most places are offering in the UK. It's got a dark side sleeve. I'm digging the lightsaber on the spine.

11216152-2144371077918937.jpg

11216152-4964371077937171.jpg

Yarbskoo

No new Action Fleet this week, but I did pick up this podracer set. I like the absurdly happy children on the box.
bd5ezhv.png

As far as I know this is the only way to get a physical version of Teemto's podracer. The launchers have some neat details on them, and being able to snap together for a racing line is a nice feature.
xsm4Y80.png
oKTqbbO.png
0oBeWhQ.png

On an unrelated note, this also arrived in the mail.
zjOk2mB.png

Vyer

surprised that the Black Series Emperor's Wrath Vader is so easy to find, so I picked one up hoping to try my hand at painting the helmet.

Pretty decent fig but man I can't get that thing to stand on it's own for shit.

surprised that the Black Series Emperor's Wrath Vader is so easy to find, so I picked one up hoping to try my hand at painting the helmet.

Pretty decent fig but man I can't get that thing to stand on it's own for shit.

Mine also has pretty weak legs for standing. Have you painted yours yet? Because i would love to see the results. Im thinking about picking up another just to paint.

Vyer

Mine also has pretty weak legs for standing. Have you painted yours yet? Because i would love to see the results. Im thinking about picking up another just to paint.

I haven't. Was going to look online and get some tips for it. I'm worried I'll screw it up. lol

TAJ

Just make sure you remove the head first, lol. And use the hollow neck to mount it on something so all of the visible parts can be reached without having to touch it.

I guess Testors Model Master Acrylic is the paint you should be using according to all ive read online. Gloss black and silver for sure. You can also use a flat black on the face, and use the gloss black for the helmet and eyes if you want. It gives it a little more contrast This stuff can be found at almost every hobby store.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That was tense, Zulith! Ahsoka was gone in like 5 minutes at 2:40 AM. Geez.

new wave appeared on amazon. I snagged them but they sold out FAST.

Here are the links for once they restock. watch them like a hawk.

NOT IN STOCK AS OF THIS WRITING

6" Ahsoka http://amzn.com/B010B9402S

6" A New Hope Luke http://amzn.com/B010B93PEW

6" Kanan http://amzn.com/B010B93PJW

About time, though I got lucky and don't have to play the game this time around. I walked into Target a week and a half ago and all three were hanging from the pegs.

All three are great, Ahsoka is probably my favorite of these newer TFA/post-TFA figures and certainly one of the best looking, and Kanan and Luke are up there too. Ahsoka's head sculpt and paint are probably the best I've seen so far. The Luke soft goods look a lot better when you can pull them down, and he has the better double-hinged elbow articulation like the older black series. And Kanan is the most solid feeling BS figure I've got. The quality certainly feels like it is going back up.

Vidiot

I managed to get black series Ahsoka, Kanen, and Luke orders in on Amazon after refreshing a thousand times and trying all day. Fingers crossed they don't get canceled!

Rootbeer

Banned
I managed to get black series Ahsoka, Kanen, and Luke orders in on Amazon after refreshing a thousand times and trying all day. Fingers crossed they don't get canceled!

if they show up on your order page you are probably good! It is super, super rare for amazon to cancel any of my figure orders.

Also congrats! Your dedication paid off well

Vidiot

if they show up on your order page you are probably good! It is super, super rare for amazon to cancel any of my figure orders.

Also congrats! Your dedication paid off well

Just rechecked and yup, they're there! Delivery estimates are the 8th for Ahsoka, 13th for Luke, and 19th for Kanen.

Oddly enough it says I'm being charged shipping for Ahsoka though. I have prime and the other two are free so that can't be right. I'll wait until I have the figure in hand to complain though. Lol

I found a stack of about 6 or so Kylo Ren Star Killer Base Black Series figures at KMart last night. I noticed that they updated it it with a much slimmer hood and a textured scarf. I didn't buy one since i already have a Kylo Ren, but now i'm really regretting it since i also want the Rey version that goes along with it. I suck.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah i've seen pics of the updated Starkiller Base Kylo. I already have two of the first run version however, so I think I'm gonna have to leave it at that... haha.

There's sure to be lots more Kylo Ren figures down the road.

Yeah i've seen pics of the updated Starkiller Base Kylo. I already have two of the first run version however, so I think I'm gonna have to leave it at that... haha.

There's sure to be lots more Kylo Ren figures down the road.

Its nice to know that this stuff isnt as one and done as maybe i thought. Rereleases are are great. I think i'm done until i see the Rouge One stuff. Never found a Ello Asty and Poe.

NoRéN

I found a stack of about 6 or so Kylo Ren Star Killer Base Black Series figures at KMart last night. I noticed that they updated it it with a much slimmer hood and a textured scarf. I didn't buy one since i already have a Kylo Ren, but now i'm really regretting it since i also want the Rey version that goes along with it. I suck.

get it online.

Laputa_94

Hey Star Wars Merch GAF I have a quick question. I have been keeping my eye on this Darth Revan Black Series figure, and I don't really know how fast these figures go from being shown off to actually being put up for sale. I was wondering if you guys had an idea of an time-frame, or does it vary figure to figure?

H8nSa25.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
We don't yet know when the next wave will be for sale. Rumors are that it won't be till late summer or early fall. Hasbro seems to be switching gears to Marvel toys for the summer.

The Ahsoka/Kanan/A New Hope Luke wave are the last ones that have been dated for the 6" figures.

And yeah, Sabine and Darth Revan are going to be big sellers.

Laputa_94

We don't yet know when the next wave will be for sale. Rumors are that it won't be till late summer or early fall. Hasbro seems to be switching gears to Marvel toys for the summer.

The Ahsoka/Kanan/A New Hope Luke wave are the last ones that have been dated.

And yeah, Sabine and Darth Revan are going to be big sellers.

Alright thanks a lot.

Also does anyone know where is the best places to order these figures online in Canada?

KevinG

I'm wanting to pick up the FN-2187 Funko Pop! with the Bluray tomorrow at Target, but can't find any information about their stock online.

Experien

NoRéN;200233712 said:
The Target nearest to me was putting out new stuff last Sunday.They probably jumped the gun.

What are the new figures in this way? I don't know if they were new but I saw the Bloody FINN Stormtrooper many weeks back.

Rootbeer

Banned
Swang by target before Best Buy opened. Yeah, I didn't see much in the way of new or restocked merch. Just the usual stuff I see just about every day.

But I've seen pics of Walmart stores overflowing with new stock for today's release so if you have a decent one nearby, try there.

Top Bottom