• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Celebration's in Orlando next year.

image-1.jpeg

Excellent! Will get my tickets and two rooms at the Hilton on the 25th.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fellow Orlando burb GAF best recognize

Broggie I be coming to crash on your couch.

Gwan you have a year so mark this on your calendar no bull shit excuses.

Kinggroin we gonna do dis!

The Force will be strong with us. Maybe even Sixstop and his alter ego can come with us!

Zombine

Banned
Man do I love Return of The Jedi. The positives of that film far outweigh the "negatives." Endor doesn't bother me one bit.

Man do I love Return of The Jedi. The positives of that film far outweigh the "negatives." Endor doesn't bother me one bit.
Has always been my favorite. Which is why it kills me Lucas shit all over it the most with each release. Those "nooo"s. Those fucking "nooo"s. T_T

curb

Banned
Ewoks and Gungans have ended up at about the same level for me. I think both RotJ and TPM would benefit from less of both. The difference being cut the Ewok battle down some but cut the Gungan battle out.

We have a canon story on why 3PO has a red arm. We need a canon story on how Leia's voice went from an almost slight English accent in ANH to a two pack-a-day smoker, raspy voice. I'm reading Bloodlines now actually and my brain is having a hard time accepting the raspy voice.

curb

Banned
I don't really want a young Solo or Boba Fett movie either.

I'd be in day one for an Obi-Wan flick though. C'mon Lucasfilm.

Zombine

Banned
We have a canon story on why 3PO has a red arm. We need a canon story on how Leia's voice went from an almost slight English accent in ANH to a two pack-a-day smoker, raspy voice. I'm reading Bloodlines now actually and my brain is having a hard time accepting the raspy voice.

Too many death sticks.

curb

Banned
Only reason I am excited for this movie is because everyone will go batshit when the Jango clone thing continues

There's a real militant group online that thinks "Disney" has quietly retconned the prequels out of existence which is hilarious on so many levels. I look forward to the meltdowns as Lucasfilm continues forward.

curb

Banned
That one scene in Hail, Caesar was fantastic. I'm still not sure I wanted a Han Solo flick though but I'll try and stay open minded.

I may come across as a little critical but I'll give anything Star Wars a try theses days. I'm interested to see what the filmmakers see in him.

I may come across as a little critical but I'll give anything Star Wars a try theses days. I'm interested to see what the filmmakers see in him.

Oh no doubt. I love Star Wars but that doesn't mean I have to like everything in that universe. I'll see just about anything Star Wars at least once.

I saw Star Wars VII for the first time at home with some people. It was fun to watch in the living room... The movie has some really good strong points, like the characters (there are quite a few high quality new characters!), and the pacing and action.

sphagnum

Banned

Bloodline explains where the English accent came from at least!

Tarkus

I saw VII for the first time last night. I was disappointed with a few things, namely how easily Rey handles Kylo Ren during their saber fight. She shouldn't have been that adept without training against someone like Ren.

I saw VII for the first time last night. I was disappointed with a few things, namely how easily Rey handles Kylo Ren during their saber fight. She shouldn't have been that adept without training against someone like Ren.

I don't think she would have been able to beat him if not for the fact he'd already been injured by Chewie's bowcaster and a lightsaber strike from Finn. We learn that Rey's pretty proficient with her staff in those early Jakku scenes. She's not a complete CQC noob.

Calcium

Banned
I don't think she would have been able to beat him if not for the fact he'd already been injured by Chewie's bowcaster and a lightsaber strike from Finn. We learn that Rey's pretty proficient with her staff in those early Jakku scenes. She's not a complete CQC noob.

This and also you have to take into consideration that Kylo Ren probably hasn't been in that many battles himself. I feel that people give Kylo Ren far too much credit because they want him to be the badass they've built him up to be in their heads. Outside of sparring with the Knights of Ren I doubt he has seen much use of his melee combat training. It's not like he has a ton of Jedi to fight to hone his skill so it makes sense he'd be around the same level as Luke Skywalker.

Sayers

I think the movie just didn't really sell it as well as it needed to. Obviously when you stop and think about it you realize, "oh right she did have that skirmish with her staff earlier" but for whatever reason it doesn't stick with you enough to justify her skill with the lightsaber later on.

I mean, again, Kylo dominated the majority of the fight. His technique and power is on another level. It wasn't even close throughout the beginning of the fight, and he basically had the fight completely won until he tried to talk her down, which is what lost him the fight. Rey just managed to catch him off-guard with a sudden display of force, fueled by her anger. And again, don't forget that Kylo was severely wounded (which they point out multiple times in the fight) - the movie shows only about a dozen times how obscenely powerful the Wookie Bowcaster is. It's a massive testament to his strength and willpower that he was even standing upright, let alone fighting as well as he did with a crater in his side. You also can't forget that he didn't actually wish to harm Rey - or the saber. He wanted to recruit Rey to his cause, not kill her, and he desperately wanted the saber. Meanwhile Rey was straight up out for blood - she wanted to kill him from basically the moment they met, and that was before he killed Han.

Kylo's still on a whole other level from Rey, the circumstances were just in her favor.

curb

Banned
I'm really interested to see whatever it is. Looks like a lot of work has gone into that set so I'm guessing it's going to be a regular thing.

Edit: I've decided that I hope it's just an hour every week of Pablo Hidalgo debunking fan theories.

Edit2: Star Wars Twitter says it's 7 minutes every Wednesday.

Top Bottom