• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, my reaction to all that was pretty much: "Wait--really? Huh."

Like, I wouldn't really think it was dumb if it was just some Star War-ish tanks like the ones in Rogue One but those things are straight rip-offs of Metal Gears. They look completely out of place in SW.

Like, I wouldn't really think it was dumb if it was just some Star War-ish tanks like the ones in Rogue One but those things are straight rip-offs of Metal Gears. They look completely out of place in SW.

When the galaxy's that big, is anything really out of place? I don't have a problem with the creators having fun with it. We've had the Separatist spider tanks in the prequel era. It doesn't seem that mad to me.

However, it does seem Kojima's assuming control of Star Wars. First it was Punished C3-PO, now it's Metal Gears. Next we'll find out Luke's not really Luke but a fake Luke that the original Luke created.

I think Anakin & Obi-Wan has been pretty enjoyable overall. Anakin's conversations with Palpatine have been the highlights and I've enjoyed how Soule's portrayed Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship. Carnelion's a pretty interesting location as well. It would have made for some stunning Clone Wars episodes.

So every woman in this book could be Reys mother!

vader.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Paging the guys who read the leaks of Making Star Wars:

Do we know anything regarding the reshot of the Ending of TFA? Like in continuing without a timeskip?

Paging the guys who read the leaks of Making Star Wars:

Do we know anything regarding the reshot of the Ending of TFA? Like in continuing without a timeskip?

It's not really a spoiler but Daisy Ridley's confirmed they filmed the continuation of TFA's final scene, so it will continue on.

siyatskyy

Neo Member

GAMEPROFF

Banned
STAR WARS
EPISODE VIII
FIVE MINUTES LATER...
Honestly, I dont see the point in letting it in this time. It makes no sense.

Man, I know that we know basicly nothing but this really annoys me. I hope they cut it or rewote the script since then.

Honestly, I dont see the point in letting it in this time. It makes no sense.

Man, I know that we know basicly nothing but this really annoys me. I hope they cut it or rewote the script since then.

Don't you want to see Luke and Rey's first proper scene together? We spend the entirety of TFA getting to that scene. I want to see the end of it.

Maybe they'll go back to it later instead of starting off from it straight away, though I can't see why they would.

The opening crawl was crucial in TFA. It gave us a very brief summary of the current scenario and throws us in there. It's not as important for Episode VIII.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But its tradition and I even liked when we got from lucky shot Luke to Luke who could use the force to move his sword with a three year skip.

Star Wars is a lot about tradition for me. The Opening Scroll, the music etc are very important things for me.

But its tradition and I even liked when we got from lucky shot Luke to Luke who could use the force to move his sword with a three year skip.

Star Wars is a lot about tradition for me. The Opening Scroll, the music etc are very important things for me.
JJ and Rian must have agreed the story should continue on directly. Their vision for the story is more important to me than the crawl. I wouldn't want them to think 'let's skip a few years so we have something to write'. TFA was a traditional Star Wars film. Let Rian go a little more crazy with it, I say.

curb

Banned
I absolutely want to see what happens immediately after the final scene of TFA but part of me still wants some time to pass between 7 and 8. It kinda just feels wrong to not have some time go by.

I know the way this thing was shot probably would have made such a thing impossible but I would have loved them to do a photo shoot of Luke, Han and Leia (in costume/character) with Chewie and the droids.

Would have been nice to see them all together again one last time, like they got a final adventure after all.

Guys, Star Wars - The Ultimate Digital Saga Collection (Episodes 1 through 6) is on sale at Amazon - just 4 bucks for 89 tracks.
I was planning to buy vinyls, but I am pretty much broke right now, so might settle for this.

What do you think?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019DDE6U4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&keywords=Ultimate%20Star%20Wars%20digital%20collection&qid=1461961077&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=c328f06c97a53f1aa539bdcc7cb0cf27
I would probably be in for $4, but it is showing up $39.99 for me.

Lmo911

Opening Crawl will be pretty shitty this time

With the destruction of Starkiller Base, The Resistance is victorious but shaken. The heart of the New Republic lies in ruins and their fleet is no more. With little support they scramble to prepare for a counter attack from The First Order.

Kylo Ren has escaped the bases destruction and now recovers under the guidance of his Master, Supreme Leader Snoke while the First Order prepares it's next attack.

Across the galaxy Rey has discovered the hidden location of Luke Skywalker and now awaits his training.

It ain't Shakespeare, but there's more than enough stuff going on to have a scroll. It's just going to need a sense of immediacy to it instead of the usual gap filler style.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
With the destruction of Starkiller Base, The Resistance is victorious but shaken. The heart of the New Republic lies in ruins and their fleet is no more. With little support they scramble to prepare for a counter attack from The First Order.

Kylo Ren has escaped the bases destruction and now recovers under the guidance of his Master, Supreme Leader Snoke while the First Order prepares it's next attack.

Across the galaxy Rey has discovered the hidden location of Luke Skywalker and now awaits his training.

It ain't Shakespeare, but there's more than enough stuff going on to have a scroll. It's just going to need a sense of immediacy to it instead of the usual gap filler style.
I have seen TFA and most likey everyone else who goes in VIII, when they continue without a break, they dont need to retell that.

Lmo911

I have seen TFA and most likey everyone else who goes in VIII, when they continue without a break, they dont need to retell that.

If we take that attitude the only movies that need them specifically are the prequels because they jump like years/decades. It's part of the series style. It also allows for the opening theme to play and get everyone in the mood.

Slixshot

Banned

That was pretty good! I read it in The Clone Wars narrator voice :)

I reckon the opening crawl and sense of time passing will mostly come from the general Resistance vs New Order state of the galaxy stuff. I guess a limited amount of time passed between the main events of TFA and Rey setting off on her journey (plus that itself will have taken, like, some time). If you add in that thing where time passes at a different rate in magic Force places, there's room for some events to occur in the galaxy before Rey's off that world.

Unless they fudge the opening crawl, have the Rey continuation scene then some kind of Rey/Kylo training and generally time passing montage thing.

Picked up the HC of Bloodline today from B&N. Came with a mini poster. Probably won't dive in for a week or so so I can catch up on my comics.

curb

Banned
I was expecting some original unaltered trilogy news today.

Maybe next year.

What's the general sentiment on that here? Do the thread regulars think this is ever going to happen?

I'm voting no. I think Lucasfilm still has some respect for George and his work.

Top Bottom