• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

I'm really interested to see whatever it is. Looks like a lot of work has gone into that set so I'm guessing it's going to be a regular thing.

Edit: I've decided that I hope it's just an hour every week of Pablo Hidalgo debunking fan theories.

Edit2: Star Wars Twitter says it's 7 minutes every Wednesday.

A link to the first episode if anyone's interested. I enjoyed it.

Anyone read Darth Vader #20? Very dialogue heavy but also very good.

Bought it but haven't had chance yet. It's the start of a new arc isn't it? After a bit of a lull it really picked up in the second half of the Shu-Torun arc.

8bit

Knows the Score
Some photos of cast arriving in Belfast.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...d-daisy-ridley-who-plays-news-photo/531199638

Adam Driver & Daisy Ridley trying to hide:

adam-driver-who-plays-kylo-ren-and-daisy-ridley-who-plays-the-rey-in-picture-id531199670

Space hobo cares not:

mark-hamill-who-plays-luke-skywalker-in-the-star-wars-series-arrives-picture-id531199628

sphagnum

Banned
Could always bee a Kylo Ren apparition like Vader ion Dagobah.

Speaking of Darth Vader, apparently issue #25 will be the last issue of his titular comic.

This is pretty funny.

Gillen: [Laughs] I'm not even sure how I said it. Black Krrsantan is even worse. My biggest probable regret of the entire series is that I called him that, and I'm like, "I can't even say this character's name, and I named him!" I probably should have called him something else. [Laughs] I had trouble even spelling it to begin with. I had to look it up every time. [Laughs]

Just finished Bloodline and really enjoyed it. That was probably the best Star Wars side story I have experienced so far. Author put a lot of thought and heart into the whole book. Reading the words on the pages was a movie in my head.

This is my first book since Disney took over. What other books out there would you consider essential reading?

shingi70

Banned
Just finished Bloodline and really enjoyed it. That was probably the best Star Wars side story I have experienced so far. Author put a lot of thought and heart into the whole book. Reading the words on the pages was a movie in my head.

This is my first book since Disney took over. What other books out there would you consider essential reading?

Lost Stars by the same writer, Dark Disciple, New Dawn, and aftermath

I enjoyed The Force Awakens when I first saw it in theater, but I was holding the trailers for the film in my mind and didn't know what to expect, but it's really grown on me.

I even read the novelization of it. The film is pretty good even to rewatch...I want to get my hands on the edition that includes the 'documentary' or whatever about the film.

I also watched Episode 3 and Episode 6 (the ones they had at the library) and they're pretty good. Always liked the speeder bike chase in RotJ.

I still don't know how Palpatine cut down the 3 Jedi that came with Windu to arrest him, so very easily...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
has anyone done a 4-5-6-7 watch, not necessarily in one sitting but over a short period? Planning to do one too but im intrigued to see how tonally ep 7 sinks up or differentiates when viewed as part of the whole.

Well I watched Force Awakens several times last week and then 3 and 6 so, I mean, going from 6 to 7 seems like an OK transition. I don't know why they couldn't have found Luke's *green* lightsaber he used in RotJ as opposed to the old blue one which Obi-Wan picked up after he defeated Anakin and later gave to Luke, which Luke lost in Empire strikes back, I believe.

I don't know why they couldn't have found Luke's *green* lightsaber he used in RotJ as opposed to the old blue one which Obi-Wan picked up after he defeated Anakin and later gave to Luke, which Luke lost in Empire strikes back, I believe.

Because it's the old blue one which Obi-Wan picked up after he defeated Anakin. It's "the" Skywalker saber, which Kylo feels is owed to him, with his bloodline and all.

Because it's the old blue one which Obi-Wan picked up after he defeated Anakin. It's "the" Skywalker saber, which Kylo feels is owed to him, with his bloodline and all.

But I like the way the green one looks! Heheh. Anyway, maybe Luke kept the green one and he'll let Rey keep the blue one.

Anth0ny

has anyone done a 4-5-6-7 watch, not necessarily in one sitting but over a short period? Planning to do one too but im intrigued to see how tonally ep 7 sinks up or differentiates when viewed as part of the whole.

I did! It's awesome.

Full disclosure: I attended the Star Wars marathon and showed up when 4 started. 7 felt so right coming right after 6.

Aftermath really? I heard it was terrible from a few.

It's OK. Wendig has an unusual writing style and I definitely wouldn't call it essential, but it has its bright points.

I mainly enjoyed it for the interludes - they're set at different planets and show the situations there after ROTJ. I grew to like some of the main characters by the end of the book as well so I'll be picking up Aftermath: Life Debt. It's definitely not brilliant and a lot of the criticisms are fair, but much of the vitriol towards it came from those who just couldn't let the old EU go. It was the first post-Jedi book in the new canon and a perfect target.

I'd second Shingi's Lost Stars recommendation. Claudia Gray's written the two best books in the new canon thus far in my opinion.

shingi70

Banned
Aftermath really? I heard it was terrible from a few.

The main story is pretty meh, but Mr.Bones OS awesome. The book also has nice interludes about other things happening at that moment in the Galaxy. The imperal side of the main plot is pretty great with Rae Sloane being one of the better characters in the past five years.

Hagi

The only thing that stopped me finishing Aftermath was the writing style. It's the first time I've came across it and it was too jarring for me to continue. Nice to hear that Bloodlines is good, I'll pick it up after I finish Lost Stars.

Hagi

Ok, gonna read Lost Stars next. Bought the Kindle version. Anyone read Lords of the Sith? Love me some Vader.

Lords of the Sith is cool if you want to read Vader do some badass stuff. It's kinda like a Vader and Palpatine buddy movie with a story to match. I quite liked it.

Hagi

More Tie variants are cool to me, biggest thing that bummed me out about Force Awakens was home samey everything was in terms of design. Looking forward to Rogue One Lego sets even more now!

Hey guys. I've been looking for an image of a certain character from the EU. He was basically in full armor with lasers coming out of everywhere on his body, even his knees. It was completely ridiculous, over the top garbage but it looked hilarious and I can't find him on google.

sphagnum

Banned
Hey guys. I've been looking for an image of a certain character from the EU. He was basically in full armor with lasers coming out of everywhere on his body, even his knees. It was completely ridiculous, over the top garbage but it looked hilarious and I can't find him on google.

Irek Ismaren/Lord Nyax.

xZK4pfS.jpg

User1608

Banned
Jesus I'm shocked Pablo hasn't melted down yet with the idiots he deals with.

Oh, and I really enjoyed Darth Vader™! I love Marvel Unlimited, so much comic goodness!

Ok, gonna read Lost Stars next. Bought the Kindle version. Anyone read Lords of the Sith? Love me some Vader.

Just finished Lords. It's good if you wanna read about Vader being an utter savage. But the story dragged for me. Felt a little too long then everything abruptly wrapped up.

Lost Stars & Dark Disciple are still my favorites of the new books. Starting Bloodlines soon.

I assume you have already watched The Clone Wars?

I've seen the Clone Wars movie and the first ten or so episodes of season 1. I want to watch it all, but I think it would be better on DVD instead of watching Netflix on the computer.

I like how they are fighting Stormtroopers in Rebels, instead of droids.

Top Bottom