• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Happy Birthday to Daisy Ridley
tumblr_o5dz7xvhf51uyfh16o1_r1_250.gif

Why not? Its not like he was in a good shape.

No amount of handwaving can get me past that 32-year actor/character age gap. Dark side, battle damage, etc., sure, I'll take that aging you a few years. Hell, I'll accept two decades even. But 32 years? No part of me can look at Sebastian Shaw and say "You know what? I totally buy 46." >.<

Yeah, helmet-less Vader looked a lot older than 45. But the prequels weren't around then, so they didn't really have an established timeline.

sphagnum

Banned
The last issue of the Shu-Torun arc in the DV comic came out today. I really liked it. Pretty brutal at points. I just wish the art was more consistent.

Fj0823

No amount of handwaving can get me past that 32-year actor/character age gap. Dark side, battle damage, etc., sure, I'll take that aging you a few years. Hell, I'll accept two decades even. But 32 years? No part of me can look at Sebastian Shaw and say "You know what? I totally buy 46." >.<

But in canon, you're not looking at Sebastian, you look at Hayden, 46 year old Vader looks like shit because the damage. Ghost chooses to go back to how he looked when he was a better man. You never see his "What if?" look.

It might not be the answer you want. But it's the answer we got...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Finally got the go ahead from SWMBO to upgrade our small cheap TV last week. Got a new 55" 4K TV the same day as the BR drop. The Force was strong with me last Tuesday!

Zombine

Banned
C-CPO #1 was fairly interesting and can't be digested in a single read. It's bloated in terms of what they try to accomplish in 31 pages, but I think what is present is charming and at the very least enjoyable.

It's whacky as all hell, but no more insane than some of the filler episodes of The Clone Wars. The art is remeniscent of what you would have seen from Chaykin which I think is intentional. It definitely draws inspiration from the crazy ideas spun out of the old EU, but I think Marvel took these droids as an opportunity so they could appeal to the fans of the old stories, while hardly interrupting any of the forward momentum of the new canon.

C-3PO is clearly going to have a new arm in the next film, but that's really sums up the old EU in a nutshell, and I believe that this was Marvel's point:

Don't focus on the silly stuff if you don't want to, it's not going to affect your enjoyment of what you see on screen. Just go along for the ride and enjoy yourself.

Definitely pick it up if you can, even if $5 is a bit outrageous.

C-CPO #1 was fairly interesting and can't be digested in a single read. It's bloated in terms of what they try to accomplish in 31 pages, but I think what is present is charming and at the very least enjoyable.

It's whacky as all hell, but no more insane than some of the filler episodes of The Clone Wars. The art is remeniscent of what you would have seen from Chaykin which I think is intentional. It definitely draws inspiration from the crazy ideas spun out of the old EU, but I think Marvel took these droids as an opportunity so they could appeal to the fans of the old stories, while hardly interrupting any of the forward momentum of the new canon.

C-3PO is clearly going to have a new arm in the next film, but that's really sums up the old EU in a nutshell, and I believe that this was Marvel's point:

Don't focus on the silly stuff if you don't want to, it's not going to affect your enjoyment of what you see on screen. Just go along for the ride and enjoy yourself.

He actually had it by the end of the last film. His arms are both gold when he's waving at the end.

The last issue of the Shu-Torun arc in the DV comic came out today. I really liked it. Pretty brutal at points. I just wish the art was more consistent.

Heh, you weren't kidding. That was a really strong conclusion to the Shu-Torun arc. Best issue for a long time.

I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I was expecting to.
Those feels at the end when he sees all the droids who didn't make it. :(

Just noticed Entertainment Weekly have an excerpt from Aftermath: Life Debt. They meet a certain smuggler at the end of it.

Hagi

Hmmm not sure can't say I'm a fan of any of those especially the bazooka guy. The scout seems kind of redundant.

he has a scar over his eye cause he's the knife dude

Yeah, I'm hoping that these are going be a bit more developed in the final art because right now, hells of cliches going on here.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yeah, I'm getting old EU vibes from those trooper designs. This is a problem since most of the current canon comic EU has at least been trying it's damn best to look like it can match with their respective era, regardless of how ridiculous something is (*cough*nanomachine Force*cough*).

Gravidee

That concept art was actually inspired by the Bad Batch clones. There apparently might even be a story connection going on between the two.

Lmo911

They're a bit overdone, but I don't know how much of that is design and how much is art style. I am happy they seem to be moving farther away from everyone having to look exactly like their move counterparts, it's one of the things that keeps me from picking up a lot of property based comics. I don't need luke to look exactly like hamil in my comics just give me the high points.

Top Bottom