• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

curb

Banned
It's nice to get some actual facts after all the hyperbolic nonsense sprayed about this week.

It does. People really freaked out.

Also, I should mention that I came across the link because the Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo retweeted it. To me, that lends some validity to it.

It does. People really freaked out.

Also, I should mention that I came across the link because the Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo retweeted it. To me, that lends some validity to it.
Breznican covers all the Star Wars content at EW and seems to be in contact with Lucasfilm regularly so yeah, it's the only trustworthy news we've had. Even Making Star Wars were well off the mark.

What was the biggest panic-inducing rumour from TFA?

I remember people being rattled after some off-hand comment about Ridley being nervous her first few days on set.

curb

Banned
What was the biggest panic-inducing rumour from TFA?

I remember people being rattled after some off-hand comment about Ridley being nervous her first few days on set.

And who wouldn't be nervous at that point in your career starring in the first new Star Wars in a decade?

lol exactly

Confession: I fretted for an non-unsubstantial amount of time when I learned that Abrams wasn't going to direct all 3 anthology films. What the main concern was I cannot recall, just that the news had me *quite* concerned.

Every time I play the Battle of Jakku map in Battlefront and see the Star Destroyer going down, I can't help but think that Ciena and Thane up there.

Toxi

Banned
Pablo explaining for the myriad of people who still don't understand this:

7MeKqQy.png

wPUaqzE.png
This is a fantastic point in general. I've seen loads of people assume something is more "high-tech" just because of aesthetics.

sphagnum

Banned
Vader #21 and Poe Dameron #3 are out today. I don't think either was really a spectacular issue but the Vader plot is moving to its conclusion pretty well. PD #3 was....weird. Wasn't expecting it to suddenly turn kaiju.

Vader #21 and Poe Dameron #3 are out today. I don't think either was really a spectacular issue but the Vader plot is moving to its conclusion pretty well. PD #3 was....weird. Wasn't expecting it to suddenly turn kaiju.

Vader does seem to be winding down nicely. It's not looking good for Aphra.

The kaiju battle was a bit of a surprise. Not really what you expect to see in a Star Wars book, but Poe's been a fun, breezy book so far. Looking forward to Grakkus' reappearance next issue.

With uni work out of the way, I finally got the chance to finish off Bloodline. I'd say it's the first must-read of the mainline novels.

Claudia Gray really nailed Leia's characterisation and dialogue and I loved how it delved into the political situation before TFA. Ransolm Casterfo was a great character,
his framing was a bitter pill to swallow
. The only disappointing element was how quickly Rinnrivin Di was
disposed of after all that build up.
I liked how Han was used relatively sparingly without dominating the book and it was nice for Leia to get a small victory over Carise in the end. The origins of the First Order are a little more clear now.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
AFI Honoree John Williams Looks Back on Six Decades of Iconic Themes

Variety said:
He plans to begin work on Spielberg’s next film, “Ready Player One,” in November, and then next year expects to do the next “Star Wars” film. “If I can do it, I certainly will. I told Kathy Kennedy I’m happy to do it, but the real reason is, I didn’t want anybody else writing music for Daisy Ridley,” he quips.

John Williams: Big Daisy Ridley fan, wants her all to himself — musically

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hopefully he's able to do it. I loved TFA's score.

Yep, me too. Took a little time for it to grow on me, but I ended up buying the four-side picture disc vinyl album of the soundtrack. (I also downloaded all the tracks off of that Disney Studio Awards site and burned them to a CD since there are some pieces on there that aren't on the in-stores soundtrack.)

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ok this is hilarious for people who watch Daredevil

This is a story of actor earnestness that is almost too cute to bear: Charlie Cox has revealed he recently messed up a big audition for a role in a Star Wars movie. How? By being too good... at playing Matt Murdock in Daredevil.

The adorable tidbit comes from a new interview conducted by The Hollywood Reporter about Cox’s upcoming role in an off-Broadway production called Incognito. In the play, Cox has six different roles, and unlike his role as the Man Without Fear, all of them have eyesight. It’s likely a welcome break from playing blind in Daredevil... which is what caused Cox to botch up an audition for a potential role in what he believes was the Han Solo spinoff movie:

"I had gone to an audition—one of those things that are super secretive and they don’t tell you, but I’m pretty sure it was for the Han Solo reboot—and halfway through it, the casting director stopped me and said, ‘Why aren’t you looking at me?’ I realized I had gotten into a habit of not making eye contact, because the only thing I had done for two years is play someone who is blind. I never got invited back, probably because they couldn’t figure out why I was acting like a complete idiot."

That’s right: Cox has gotten so used to playing blind as Matt Murdock, he kept forgetting to make eye contact when auditioning for other roles. It’s nice to see him so committed to his Daredevil work, even if it ends up making him blow a role elsewhere.

curb

Banned
Yeah, that Whitaker tease is really intriguing. Scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Someone in my office just suggested Captain Panaka. I'd love just because it would make all the prequel haters/retconners head's explode. At least EW is putting up more info on his character later today.

Just noticed an inconsistency in the Empire Strikes Back. Vader says, "The rebels are on Hoth. Skywalker is with them." Then later the Emperor says, "We have a new enemy. The rebel who destroyed the Death Star is the son of Anakin Skywalker." Vader replies, "How is that possible?" Except earlier he already mentioned Skywalker by name, so it should of been obvious. The original dialogue made more sense than this.

Just noticed an inconsistency in the Empire Strikes Back. Vader says, "The rebels are on Hoth. Skywalker is with them." Then later the Emperor says, "We have a new enemy. The rebel who destroyed the Death Star is the son of Anakin Skywalker." Vader replies, "How is that possible?" Except earlier he already mentioned Skywalker by name, so it should of been obvious. The original dialogue made more sense than this.

It's implied Vader did know about Luke before then. He's just putting on an act for the Emperor. Some of the recent comics have dealt with his discovery that Luke is his son and they're set before Empire.

Someone in the Rogue One thread correctly predicted Forest Whitaker is playing Saw Gerrera. One of the Onderon rebels that appeared in the Clone Wars if you don't remember him by his name. I didn't.

Kalentan

Not only a prequel era character but a Clone Wars character too.

But, but, but, I thought Disney was retconning the prequel era out of existance.

I was actually going to make a post like this in the other thread but withheld. XD

Edit: Nevermind, did it. :D

curb

Banned
That is a very cool call back. So happy they're including Clone Wars characters in this.

Me too. It's really a win-win as I'm sure his character will have that extra layer of significance for CW fans but not in such a way that will leave people lost of they haven't seen the show.

I like seeing 'dat canon synergy too. DO YOU SEE THIS MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE?

Boke1879

Don't want them revealing too much about Vader. I'm sure he won't have much screen time. I just want a tease of him in the next trailer they show.

curb

Banned
So far, so good on the Vader stuff in Rogue One.

I'm glad they'll be giving some real info on the reshoots too. Too much FUD spread about for clicks.

curb

Banned
Im sure its not required viewing. Im guessing it will still be pretty easy to dismiss.

I'm sure you won't need to see Clone Wars before Rogue One but it does at least demonstrate some of Lucasfilm's commitment to a consistent canon. The animated shows may not be required but they can't be dismissed as being completely irrelevant.

Top Bottom