• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

About 70 pages left in Life Debt but even before it's over, I love the characters created for this story. I would love to see them in something visual sometime. Hell, I would buy some figures of these characters if they made them.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Rogue One trailer played in the theatre today

Some single random person clapped

In response to him/her, all of the rest of us in there were like
annoyed.gif

This ain't Episode VIII yet guys lol

sphagnum

Banned
Seems like the British version of the Rebels magazine has been cancelled, though the comics are still continuing in Germany. Hope they continue to translate them and release them somehow.

Zombine

Banned
Rogue One trailer played in the theatre today

Some single random person clapped

In response to him/her, all of the rest of us in there were like
annoyed.gif

This ain't Episode VIII yet guys lol

Not only did people clap, but my audience roared with applause. Star Wars hype is unlike any other. It's absolute magic what it does to people (myself included).

curb

Banned
I heard one person when the Rogue One trailer started. It sounded like a young girl quietly saying "Yay, Star Wars! That's Star Wars". That was it.

We Canadian audiences are fairly quiet and polite though.

I heard one person when the Rogue One trailer started. It sounded like a young girl quietly saying "Yay, Star Wars! That's Star Wars". That was it.

It's the same in the UK. I don't think I've ever heard anyone clap in a cinema. From GAF I've got this weird image of entire audiences giving a round of applause after a film's finished in the US haha.

curb

Banned
It's the same in the UK. I don't think I've ever heard anyone clap in a cinema. From GAF I've got this weird image of entire audiences giving a round of applause after a film's finished in the US haha.

My first showing of Force Awakens got some reaction out of people but it's still fairly subdued here.

That being said, I do remember applause at the end of the first Lord of the Rings movie which seemed really weird to me at the time (and still does).

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Yeah I'm a Vancouverite so it's pretty much the same thing here. I mean people do clap and holler at times -especially if it's a damn good comedy - but even then, it's still fairly more subdued than what I've seen in the US.

I mean TFA was the "cheeriest" audience I've been with but we got more tame as the movie went on.

Oh boy, just finished Life Debt. Can't wait for the 3rd. It's like teasing some pretty earth shattering things and you wonder if they will really unveil such earth shattering things in the books.

d1rtn4p

pretty banners
rogueonebanner1large.jpg

rogueonebanner2large.jpg

Pretty, but I don't know why, they aren't doing it for me. Something about this movie just isn't feeling like Star Wars to me. I think it's from being a long time fan since the 80's, I just have this "feeling" in my head of what Star Wars is.Hoping for the best though.

Both the audio book and the hard cover are very high quality- the audio book is narrated by Ashley Eckstein herself, and the hard cover has a full color print of that sharp cover art directly on the cover under the wraparound jacket. So you really can't go wrong either way, just whichever format you prefer.

Sounds like it was Donnie Yen's idea to make Chirrut blind.

The truth is, he initially turned down Star Wars (something 99% of actors not named Harrison Ford couldn’t fathom). “Truthfully, I didn’t want to spend five months apart from my family, filming in London,” he tells me. But then, he mentioned the prospect to his three children. “I asked them ‘how do you feel about daddy doing Star Wars?’ and they flipped out,” he tells me laughing. The film’s young director, Gareth Edwards definitely knew what he was getting when he brought on Yen, and allowed him to flesh out his Force-sensitive character how he saw fit (“it was my idea to make him blind,” Yen says proudly). Today, Yen is pleased with his contribution to the film and even embraces the fact that he will forever be immortalized as a Lego (“I think I might give them out as gifts,” he jokes).

Top Bottom