• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

giphy.gif

Six Reasons Catalyst is Essential Reading for Rogue One:

http://www.starwars.com/news/6-reasons-catalyst-is-essential-reading-if-you-plan-to-see-rogue-one

Catalyst was written with input not only from the Lucasfilm Story Group, but also from the filmmakers of Rogue One, who felt this part of their story needed to be told. It is the tale of two men: Galen Erso and Orson Krennic, who you might know as the Rogue One characters played by Mads Mikkelsen and Ben Mendelsohn, respectively. Galen Erso is indeed father to Jyn Erso, played by Felicity Jones in the film; but in this book the focus shifts to her parents and the person inevitably ensnaring them in his web.

I didn't know about this Korean trailer either. It's edited a bit choppily in places but some of the new shots look great.

I can already tell Chirrut and Baze will be a good duo and I'm loving what we've seen of the space battle so far. Definitely one of the bits I'm most looking forward to.

Surfinn

I didn't know about this Korean trailer either. It's edited a bit choppily in places but some of the new shots look great.

I can already tell Chirrut and Baze will be a good duo and I'm loving what we've seen of the space battle so far. Definitely one of the bits I'm most looking forward to.
The space battle stuff looks like it's straight out of the OT. It's that good.

curb

Banned
I finally finished Lost Stars a few days. I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would. Has there been any word on a follow up? I feel like there's more to tell there.

I finally finished Lost Stars a few days. I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would. Has there been any word on a follow up? I feel like there's more to tell there.
I asked Claudia a while back and she said there were no plans at that time, but not to rule it out.

shingi70

Banned

The ending just Screams for a follow up and it would take place in a part of the timeline that hasn't been fleshed out yet.

A bit of a jump, but I wonder if the Kaiser Crystal Jun has is the one in Luke's Green Saber.

I don't know, the fact that the story appears to be a blend of the Dark Horse Darth Maul mini and the Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter novel isn't particularly raising my hopes with this one.

Picked up Catalyst at B&N on the way to work this morning. Plan to read on my breaks. They also had a hard cover of Lost Stars which I've read digitially but wanted to own it.

mjc

Trying to decide if I want to shell out the cash to get the 3D release of TFA today. The only thing I really want out of it is the commentary. Decisions.

MattyG

Banned
So since Starkiller Base is apparently built in a planet where they got kyber crystals for the Death Star, could that mean that
one of the planets in Rogue One later becomes Starkiller Base? Seeing as how the plot seems to focus on the finishing of the laser, not the construction of the station itself? Maybe it's Jedah that had the weather effected by a test run by the Empire or something?

Maybe I'm just trying to draw too many connections.

curb

Banned
So since Starkiller Base is apparently built in a planet where they got kyber crystals for the Death Star, could that mean that
one of the planets in Rogue One later becomes Starkiller Base? Seeing as how the plot seems to focus on the finishing of the laser, not the construction of the station itself? Maybe it's Jedah that had the weather effected by a test run by the Empire or something?

Maybe I'm just trying to draw too many connections.

Even after the Ahoka book, I keep wondering if Starkiller was on
Ilum

MattyG

Banned
Even after the Ahoka book, I keep wondering if Starkiller was on
Ilum
I remember reading that theory too. It can't just be some random planet we've never heard of, right?

I've gotta read that. I have to catch up on the books in general, only finished Tarkin and Lords of the Sith so far, halfway through Aftermath but I forgot most of what I read since it was a while ago. Gotta get my ass in gear.

curb

Banned
This is what I've always assumed until Lucasfilm say otherwise. I love how it would connect TCW and the films again.

As a Clone Wars fan, I would sure appreciate it.

I've gotta read that. I have to catch up on the books in general, only finished Tarkin and Lords of the Sith so far, halfway through Aftermath but I forgot most of what I read since it was a while ago. Gotta get my ass in gear.

I enjoyed it. It's probably not the best Star Wars book ever but I'll consume any Ahsoka content they want to put out.

Meowster

It's been awhile since I've rewatched A New Hope but Tarkin is such a great villain. Kinda wished he could have been in more of the movies.

Quick

Banned
Only one month left until Rogue One hits. Going to start working on the OT for it as well.

I've been fairly good at keeping away from details on the movie outside of trailers, so the wait hasn't been as crazy for me as much as The Force Awakens - though to be fair, TFA was a looooong time coming.

Top Bottom