• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

After the s2 Rebels finale I'm looking into Ahsoka/Vader figures to have them stand off. I watched some videos of the Black Series Ahsoka, and Vader is also available in that line. I'm guessing that's my best bet? Both look awesome.

This photo series makes them look pretty good

Ahsoka's great, she's one of my favourite Black Series figures. Kanan's a good figure as well.

Vader's OK but his helmet and cape are too big. Hasbro are releasing an updated version for Rogue One so you might be better off waiting for that.

14563334_1528446220502759_2375191203596190736_n.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ahsoka's great, she's one of my favourite Black Series figures. Kanan's a good figure as well.

Vader's OK but his helmet and cape are too big. Hasbro are releasing an updated version for Rogue One so you might be better off waiting for that.

But can you take his helmet off in this one? That's a nice detail of the first fig.

That figure reminds me of all the questions I always have about Togruta physiology. Are those triangular things on young Ahsoka's head just a head dress of some kind? I guess so, since they seem to attach to the chain thing (which I assume is her equivalent to a padawan braid):

And then when she's older, she has a different tiara type thing:

How does either one stay on? Adhesive? And when she's not wearing any headgear, is there a crease there or something? Or does the pigment just change? Are the blue lines on Togruta head tails tattoos or natural markings?

Kuros

Holy crap they have the robes correct!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...-star-wars-rogue-one-catalyst-novel/92308762/

Exclusive excerpt: 'Rogue One' book sets up new 'Star Wars' movie

“It’s no accident that we’ve taken a look at the Manhattan project and what was happening at Los Alamos laboratories during the tail end of World War II. Being able to look at that kind of thing through history and then apply the Star Wars filter to it is really fascinating.”

Krennic is a mastermind but Galen is the genius, and the former needs the secrets that are in the latter’s mind in order to fulfill this dream project, Hidalgo says. “We jokingly refer to it as like Mozart and Salieri or even Jobs and Wozniak. It’s these opposites that come together.”

Their character dynamic reminds Hidalgo of The Social Network, with “all the twists and turns that those kinds of relationships can take in the development of something as big as, in this case, the Death Star and not Facebook."

Finally finished the first Aftermath book. Want to say it took me 2 weeks? Not a book I could read in huge chunks like Bloodline and Lost Stars. Not a lost cause like some reviews on Amazon would lead you to believe. Core cast of characters were enjoyable. Just getting through the Interludes and overly wordy paragraphs and there is a solid Star Wars tale in there.

Finally finished the first Aftermath book. Want to say it took me 2 weeks? Not a book I could read in huge chunks like Bloodline and Lost Stars. Not a lost cause like some reviews on Amazon would lead you to believe. Core cast of characters were enjoyable. Just getting through the Interludes and overly wordy paragraphs and there is a solid Star Wars tale in there.

It took me quite a while as well. In comparison, I read Life Debt in less than a week. It's much better paced and definitely more of a page-turner. Hopefully Wendig can keep the momentum going in Empire's End.

It took me quite a while as well. In comparison, I read Life Debt in less than a week. It's much better paced and definitely more of a page-turner. Hopefully Wendig can keep the momentum going in Empire's End.

I'm gonna catch up on my single issue comics and assess if I should start Life Debt or not. I want to be able to get Catalyst read before Rogue One comes out. Busy time of the year with video games, comics, books, shows and movies.

curb

Banned
Anyone read the Ahsoka novel yet? I'm considering buying it. Though I had trouble caring enough to finish Life Debt.

I've got about 20 pages left and I've really enjoyed it. It's slow to start but as a fan of the character, I've found it's paid off. There's some stuff in the back half that I wasn't expecting.

curb

Banned
I findings the Ahsoka book. Really enjoyed it even if it's probably not particularly memorable. Lots of connections with
the early days of the rebellion as well as Rebels
. I hope it's not the last book about her adventures between Clone Wars and Rebels.

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member
Finished Ahsoka, was good. After reading it, I feel it would make a good 1 hour rebels special, if they ever wanted to adapt it. I hope we get atleast a second book.

sphagnum

Banned
According the people on TFN who have read the propaganda book (which is out this week) we've finally got some details on the new canon version of the formation of the Republic, replacing the Ruusan Reformation.

About a thousand years before the prequels, the Sith successfully conquered Coruscant and took over the galaxy from the Old Republic. When they were destroyed, the Galactic Republic in its prequel form was born. This had sort of been hinted at but it's good to have confirmation.

Also I like that Poe is literally the poster boy for the Resistance.

YkQXCYi.jpg

According the people on TFN who have read the propaganda book (which is out this week) we've finally got some details on the new canon version of the formation of the Republic, replacing the Ruusan Reformation.

About a thousand years before the prequels, the Sith successfully conquered Coruscant and took over the galaxy from the Old Republic. When they were destroyed, the Galactic Republic in its prequel form was born. This had sort of been hinted at but it's good to have confirmation.

Also I like that Poe is literally the poster boy for the Resistance.

YkQXCYi.jpg

I need to get this book now.

I'm going to double-post because I have a new point of discussion. What are some other must own books other than EU stuff? Like I own the newest Ultimate Visual Dictionary and The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary.

Top Bottom