• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

I don't usually pay too much attention to the nonfiction books but the TFA art book so really nice.

Yeah, it's well worth the price. I still have a glance through it now and again.

I've always liked the visual dictionaries as well. They're a quick read but I like getting one for each film.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Do we know when the pre-sale for Rogue One comes out? Someone on Movie Talk said that they go up in an hour but I'm not seeing anything anywhere.

IGN have got two more clips of J.J's commentary. The Kylo v Rey clip's especially interesting.

USA Today have got a new picture of Jyn and K2 from Rogue One.

636122342872235992-Rogue-One.jpg

This IMAX standee's pretty cool too.

IMG_7567.jpg

Sayers

Star Wars Show said Ahsoka hit number 1 on the NYT best seller's list for its category. Is that typical or atypical for these Star Wars books? Either way, hopefully that means we will keep getting Ahsoka stuff..

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Starting to feel like you can put together a really competent picture of what happens and when in Rogue one, a few big gaps in regards to how stuff happens and how people get from a to b, but the pieces are coming together.

curb

Banned
After finishing Ahsoka I thought it was about time that a actually read Lost Stars. I'm about halfway through now and I'm really enjoying it. I like that we get to see events from the OT from a different perspective.

Also, this week's Star Wars show had the author of Ahsoka and and she mentioned putting in three Canadian easter egg references. I got the
Crokin/Crokinole
one but I didn't catch the other two. That's going to bug me for a while.

Star Wars Show said Ahsoka hit number 1 on the NYT best seller's list for its category. Is that typical or atypical for these Star Wars books? Either way, hopefully that means we will keep getting Ahsoka stuff..

I think most of them debut on the list but #1's pretty rare. I had a look and Aftermath debuted at #4 and Bloodline was #5, so it looks like it's performed very well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
After finishing Lost Stars, I hope to see more of Ree, Kyrell and Windrider in other places. First SW novel I read and loved it. I see Gray also wrote Bloodline, might have to read that as well.

After finishing Lost Stars, I hope to see more of Ree, Kyrell and Windrider in other places. First SW novel I read and loved it. I see Gray also wrote Bloodline, might have to read that as well.

You definitely should. Lost Stars and Bloodline are two of my three favourite books since the canon reboot. I hope Claudia's got another book on the way.

Already 1/4 the way through Life Debt. So much better a read than its predecessor. Loved the
Jom and Jas "fight scene".
Great humor.

How are the Star War comics lately?

Darth Vader ended strongly. It had a few bumps in the road but it was a really enjoyable run overall. I know not everyone's all that enthusiastic about it, but I'm pretty happy Aphra's getting some time in the limelight. I liked her in Vader and a new character outside of the films/TV shows getting her own book is something to be celebrated in my opinion.

Poe's first arc started well but ended up a bit weird. I really enjoyed the second arc and Terex is proving to be a decent villain.

Speaking of the latest comics, I thought Star Wars picked up again after last issue was a bit of a dud. I'm not necessarily sure they need to re-introduce
Vader again though.
It takes away the focus from Kreel's team a bit too much.

Poe #7 was a decent one-off story. I thought Suralinda was actually going to
sell Poe out at one point.

Toa TAK

Banned
I dunno if I was all that into the way Darth Vader ended. Predictable and logical, but I was kinda hoping for more if that makes any sense.

Be jelly of me

I completely forgot this was out Monday here. Think I might give my old copy to my cousins. I don't think they've seen it yet. Looking forward to JJs commentary.

I thought you guys would like to see the Star Wars Propaganda book so I made quick video.

https://youtu.be/f2vAt_w3QOw

Thanks Korupt! There is more text than I was expecting, it looks good. I like those prints as well.

Hondo and Ahsoka never (TCW/Rebels spolier I guess)
crossed paths in Rebels
, right? I'm finally finishing TCW and I'm to the younglings arc in S5. It would be interesting to see Hondo interact with more of his old TCW people. Maul would be another one. Actually, would Rex know him from the old days? Did they acknowledge each other the first time they shared a screen in SWR?

crossed paths in Rebels
, right? I'm finally finishing TCW and I'm to the younglings arc in S5. It would be interesting to see Hondo interact with more of his old TCW people. Maul would be another one. Actually, would Rex know him from the old days? Did they acknowledge each other the first time they shared a screen in SWR?
Edit: misread initially. I don't think it was shown, so my assumption is no.

Sayers

crossed paths in Rebels

They did not interact

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Not seeing or feeling much hype for Rogue One at all at the moment, sadly, Im guilty of it too, looking forward to the film but it doesnt feel like an event yet.

Surfinn

Not seeing or feeling much hype for Rogue One at all at the moment, sadly, Im guilty of it too, looking forward to the film but it doesnt feel like an event yet.
Still over a month out, but I agree. Once the advertising machine gets going I think there will be lots of hype.

I'm not looking forward to it nearly as much as numbered episodes. I'll definitely see it, but this feels very much to me like more Original Trilogy rehash material.

It was always going to be a bit less of an event. TFA was the first SW film in a decade and had Luke, Han and Leia returning. We already know what happens in Rogue One really.

I've always quite liked the idea of the spin-offs doing something a bit different. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it works.

If the original reason was an homage to the old serial crawl format, what could the Story movies throw an homage to? I think it will be fine, but now I'm very curious.

curb

Banned
I got over my need of having a crawl before Star Wars side content during Clone Wars. I'm all for the Star Wars "stories" having some differences in tone and feel.

Seigyoku

I got over my need of having a crawl before Star Wars side content during Clone Wars. I'm all for the Star Wars "stories" having some differences in tone and feel.

Yeah TCW went with the "newsreel narrator" approach. And Rebels goes with nada, so as long as proper Saga movies have a crawl and a space paaaaaaaaan I'm good.

Today I had to physically drive to a TARGET to get Poe Dameron: Flight Log. The things I do for canon Star Wars media... (May or may not have read several books aimed at six-year-olds this week. MIGHT have ordered a book from Australia.)

Sayers

Finished Ahsoka. It was ok. I really did not care for any of the new characters. The vignettes were interesting as was the way she obtained her new lightsabers. But ultimately, the main focus of the book relied on her relationships with characters I could not care one wit about. Much of the drama fell flat as a result. If they do another, I hope they leave all of that behind and focus on her time within the Rebellion.

In truth, I would actually be more interested in seeing other adventures from the Clone Wars era. Her relationships with Anakin and Obi-Wan and her time as a Jedi in training are far more interesting to me than solo, behind-the-scenes intelligence operations.

Top Bottom