• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Any idea when the first non-teaser Force Awakens trailer will drop?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, haven't read through all the pages leading up to this.

Any idea when the first non-teaser Force Awakens trailer will drop?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, haven't read through all the pages leading up to this.

I would assume it'll be another few months. I think the big drop of Force Awakens merchandise is coming early September, so probably around then.

curb

Banned
My dad has had these stashed away for years and a while ago my parents and I were having a discussion about their will and if there would be anything I'd like to have when they were gone (my parents are in their late 50's so hopefully we're talking many years from now). I had mentioned these as something I'd like to have someday and this weekend they came to watch my daughter and brought them along to give to me.

swcomics.jpg

Meowster

Halfway through season two of The Clone Wars. Honestly, been one of the best Star Wars experiences I've had. All the characters are so well done. And I hear that it just gets better too. I haven't missed a single episode yet.

curb

Banned
Halfway through season two of The Clone Wars. Honestly, been one of the best Star Wars experiences I've had. All the characters are so well done. And I hear that it just gets better too. I haven't missed a single episode yet.

I definitely think seasons 3-5 are the best - especially 4 and 5. The end of season 5 is my favorite Star Wars thing ever.

ghostmind

My dad has had these stashed away for years and a while ago my parents and I were having a discussion about their will and if there would be anything I'd like to have when they were gone (my parents are in their late 50's so hopefully we're talking many years from now). I had mentioned these as something I'd like to have someday and this weekend they came to watch my daughter and brought them along to give to me.

Oh wow, I remember buying these issues at my local drug store as a youth.

sphagnum

Banned
I'm liking the art for the next Insider short story, Kindred Spirits, which focuses on Asajj Ventress to promote Dark Disciple.

38NeDrW.jpg

Chris R

I just realized all the bigger screens and theaters with good audio setups are going to show the 3D version of the movie this December.

Guess I should start calling around asking the various theaters what size the biggest 2D showing will be :(

I just realized all the bigger screens and theaters with good audio setups are going to show the 3D version of the movie this December.

Guess I should start calling around asking the various theaters what size the biggest 2D showing will be :(
Its about time I start testing theaters to find the most comfortable one.

Finally got round to finishing A New Dawn while I was on holiday. I actually wish I'd read it before watching Rebels, it did a great job at fleshing out Kanan's character and Count Vidian was a great villain. On to Tarkin next.

Fj0823

Just finished the Umbara Arc of TCW.

My god the clones are the baddest mofos in the Galaxy.

Fuck Krell, Poor Waxer. The Face Rex had when he discovered they were killing their own comrades...just amazing

I've always enjoyed the original Star Wars trilogy but I've never been a fan.

The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels have made me a fan.

Mace Windu had/has bad ass potential.

Finally got round to finishing A New Dawn while I was on holiday. I actually wish I'd read it before watching Rebels, it did a great job at fleshing out Kanan's character and Count Vidian was a great villain. On to Tarkin next.

Dark Disciple drops this week, too. I'm looking forward to it. :D

Tapejara

Ended up watching Siege of Lothal the other night. Looking forward to the rest of season 2, especially after how bad ass
Vader
was during the episode.

I've always enjoyed the original Star Wars trilogy but I've never been a fan.

The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels have made me a fan.

Mace Windu had/has bad ass potential.

I've always loved Star Wars, but The Clone Wars is what really made me into a super fan. Maybe it's just a preference for television formatted storytelling.

As much as I enjoyed Tarkin and Lords of the Sith, it'll be interesting to see what Prequel/TCW era characters have been up to. I'm glad that era isn't being completely ignored.

As much as I enjoyed Tarkin and Lords of the Sith, it'll be interesting to see what Prequel/TCW era characters have been up to. I'm glad that era isn't being completely ignored.

I think these books coming out may be the last trickle of merchandise related to the Lucas Star Wars era, as I'm sure that Disney has plans for their own Expanded Universe. But since there were books already in the process of being written when the Disney sale was made, they might as well release them.

Tapejara

I think these books coming out may be the last trickle of merchandise related to the Lucas Star Wars era, as I'm sure that Disney has plans for their own Expanded Universe. But since there were books already in the process of being written when the Disney sale was made, they might as well release them.

I figured that might be the case, but I like being optimistic :p.

Meowster

All of the context that TCW gives to ROTS >>>>

It makes the order 66 montage even more absolutely tragic since you have got to know and love each of these Jedi Masters as their own persons with their own flaws.
BTW the movie also still holds up incredibly well. It had been awhile since I had seen it, just had a watch of the prequel trilogy with my boyfriend since he had never seen them before.

All of the context that TCW gives to ROTS >>>>

It makes the order 66 montage even more absolutely tragic since you have got to know and love each of these Jedi Masters as their own persons with their own flaws.
BTW the movie also still holds up incredibly well. It had been awhile since I had seen it, just had a watch of the prequel trilogy with my boyfriend since he had never seen them before.
Yep, I still really like ROTS. My favourite of the prequels by some distance.

Unfortunately no. Grievous was so badass. It doesn't look like we're even getting Rebels S1 on Blu-Ray in the UK. :|

BD sales must not be so great. That's why FX stopped releasing their shows on Blu and went DVD-only. I know I've cut back on blu-ray purchases dramatically. I usually don't bother with TV series because I'll never watch them again, and only stick to buying my very favorite movies or anime series I haven't seen.

BD sales must not be so great. That's why FX stopped releasing their shows on Blu and went DVD-only. I know I've cut back on blu-ray purchases dramatically. I usually don't bother with TV series because I'll never watch them again, and only stick to buying my very favorite movies or anime series I haven't seen.
Yeah, I've stopped buying as many. But the Clone Wars was great on Blu Ray. I was hoping to add Rebels to my collection.

Ended up watching Siege of Lothal the other night. Looking forward to the rest of season 2, especially after how bad ass
Vader
was during the episode.

I've always loved Star Wars, but The Clone Wars is what really made me into a super fan. Maybe it's just a preference for television formatted storytelling.

Maybe. I enjoy the original trilogy time period much more, but watching the Chancellor/Emperor in the Clone Wars has really been the difference. That, and the characters being more fleshed out due to the amount of screentime.

I'm almost done with the heir to the jedi, really digging the first person aspect. Got to wait for payday then in going to pick up dark disciple on audible.
In the middle of a watch of return of the jedi right now.

I'm almost done with the heir to the jedi, really digging the first person aspect. Got to wait for payday then in going to pick up dark disciple on audible.
In the middle of a watch of return of the jedi right now.

I tend to buy all my novels in ebook form, now. Much easier and it's nice to always have them on me.

Meowster

Yep, I still really like ROTS. My favourite of the prequels by some distance.
There's some real gravitas there. Especially with Ewan McGregor's performance. I'll argue to my dying day that the opera scene is one of the best scenes in all the Star Wars movies. Hayden might not sell his dialogue all the time but his physical presence and eyes are very powerful, it's like a cipher off Ian McDiarmid's great performance in that scene.

And now I just found out that my boyfriend has actually only seen A New Hope after he tried telling me Darth Vader and Yoda had some big fantastical battle LOL. Time for us to watch
the greatest movie of all time
The Empire Strikes Back.

Rootbeer

Banned
We've already had two teaser trailers. There's sure to be a fuller trailer at some point. I really hate the trend of releasing tons of trailers and 15 to 30 tv clips all with unique clips, so I will be bailing out at some point probably :(

Wish we lived in a world where there were one teaser, one full trailer, maybe two or three tv spots (which come out the month leading up to the film, no earlier) and that's it. Stop sharing the entire movie bit by bit.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Just finished the Umbara Arc of TCW.

My god the clones are the baddest mofos in the Galaxy.

Fuck Krell, Poor Waxer. The Face Rex had when he discovered they were killing their own comrades...just amazing

Same here. Been binge watching TCW with my wife & son for the past few weeks. Just an amazing show. I plan to re-watch Revenge of the Sith after we're done.

curb

Banned
It makes the Prequels better, especially ROTS.

I stated this a few times on GAF but it really changed my view of the Prequels. I still think I and II aren't really great as movies but Anakin's character seems so much more believable after Clone Wars. I always found his switch to the dark side in ROTS rather jarring but there are events in Clone Wars that completely support his disillusionment with the Jedi Order.

Fj0823

Undoubtedly. We needed more of the young adult Anakin before witnessing his turn to the dark side. It all happened so quickly in ROTS.

Also, Anakin and Padmé's marriage looks much better after TCW.

Specially since they didn't just sit there looking at each other, their marriage had some fights, arguments, rivalry and jelaousy.

Ive always liked the prequels. They provide lots of entertainment. Every time I watch them with a newcomer to the franchise we always have fun.

And I've yet to see one of then complaining about the stuff the internet complains. The closest thing was a friend who said Anakin was very unlikable and selfish, but she also said that she felt that was the point.

I'm really excited about 7, even though I'm positive the internet will hate it.

sphagnum

Banned
I'm really interested to see what the reaction will be to TFA. I won't go into detail about anything since it's not the right thread, but there are some spoilers I've read that I'm sure the "internet public" is going to hate and at the same time there are some things that I'm sure they're going to love.

curb

Banned
I'm really interested to see what the reaction will be to TFA. I won't go into detail about anything since it's not the right thread, but there are some spoilers I've read that I'm sure the "internet public" is going to hate and at the same time there are some things that I'm sure they're going to love.

There is no way Lucasfilm will be able to make everyone happy. People who hated the Prequels won't like it because it's still not their childhood Star Wars. Hardcore Star Wars fans won't like it because they old cast won't be front and center. The people that still love George Lucas won't like it, the people that now hate George Lucas probably still won't like it. The internet will be a complete mess it comes out. The normal, level-headed people and fans
who are actually the majority
will like it but they aren't the loudest voices online so it won't matter.

I'll be there opening weekend, ready to enjoy it. I keep my expectations low for movies these days - I like more stuff that way. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, Anakin and Padmé's marriage looks much better after TCW.

Specially since they didn't just sit there looking at each other, their marriage had some fights, arguments, rivalry and jelaousy.

Ive always liked the prequels. They provide lots of entertainment. Every time I watch them with a newcomer to the franchise we always have fun.

And I've yet to see one of then complaining about the stuff the internet complains. The closest thing was a friend who said Anakin was very unlikable and selfish, but she also said that she felt that was the point.

I'm really excited about 7, even though I'm positive the internet will hate it.

Judging by some of the reactions to the spoilers out there a portion of the internet will probably hate 7 more than the Prequels.

Fj0823

Judging by some of the reactions to the spoilers out there a portion of the internet will probably hate 7 more than the Prequels.

Oh absolutely, I've seen people calling BB8 "The new Jar Jar" since its "A kiddy character that provides nothing more than unwanted comic relief so that Disney can sell more to their audience"

Weve seen like what? 2 seconds of the little droid?, how can you get to that point from 2 seconds of footage!?

It's impossible to please everyone. I almost feel sorry for JJ but then again he got the chance to write a Star Wars film.

People hating on BB8? I'm guessing these people hate R2 as well.

Simo

I wasn't sure if it was new thread worthy so figured I'd post this here but according to Entertainment Weekly there will be no new trailer or footage presented at The Force Awakens panel on Friday:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/star-wars-comic-con-panel
First of all, the presentation this Friday afternoon will not include a trailer or any new clips of the movie. The next trailer will be coming in the fall, according to sources with knowledge of the project.

Roughly six months before the Dec. 18 release, the Comic-Con panel will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the highly secretive film, which was completely locked down to press during production. (It’s still locked down. Lucasfilm and parent company Disney declined requests for comment.)

Meowster

I haven't finished TCW yet but with both Force Unleashed games being considered Legacy canon, does this mean it is possible that Shaak Ti is still alive?

I haven't finished TCW yet but with both Force Awakens games being considered Legacy canon, does this mean it is possible that Shaak Ti is still alive?
Force Unleashed I think you mean?

And yes, yes it ddoes. Which is awesome because I love her parts in the Gendy series. I also have a soft spot for her for not giving up on Domino Squad.

Meowster

Force Unleashed I think you mean?

And yes, yes it ddoes. Which is awesome because I love her parts in the Gendy series. I also have a soft spot for her for not giving up on Domino Squad.
Oops, haha, typing too quickly. Awesome then. Poor gal has died too many times and then brought back to life lmao.

Top Bottom