• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

I didn't know about the red arm I must admit. I've been trying to avoid spoilers for a few months now. I don't mind knowing a few bits and pieces but I'd like the story to be new to me when I see it on screen.

I really want this Phasma wallet. My current wallet looks a bit worn out so it'll be a nice replacement.
Phasma.jpg
Star Wars #6 was really good again. That bombshell was somewhat unexpected. I assumed Sana was some kind of angry old flame but not Han's wife! It'll be interesting to see what's inside Obi-Wan's journal in the coming issues.

Its astonishing how much that image (on the can) looks like it was generated at the time of the original movie - I think theres something about the flatness of the lighting on the droids, really reminds me of the photos of the scenes in ben Kenobi's house.

Taret had cereal buy 1 get 1 50% off so I bought one box of trix and one box of cheerios with the poster promo.

I don't know if it matters, but I got ESB inside Trix and TPM inside Cheerios :p Pretty cool for freebies.

Still haven't found the new Star Wars cereal on shelves. It's supposed to launch this month.

Anyway check this out!

Come on dude there is a Star Wars 7 spoilers/leaks thread. At the very least link the picture not post it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838649&page=157

Oh well I guess if it's going to be in stores before the movie I'd probably have seen it anyway.

Rootbeer

Banned
No plot spoilers were posted. If seeing a picture of C-3PO who for all intents and purposes looks identical to how he did before except he has a recolored arm is a spoiler to you... then you might not want to look at some of the earlier photos in this thread. Or the avatars of certain regular posters even for that matter.

Spoilers have a lot to do with context. I know how to differentiate.

This spoiler culture if getting out of control if we're getting upset about a red armed C-3PO.

I just think itd be nice if the spoiler thread was used for spoilers and leaked pictures and the non-spoiler thread was used for officially released media. Some early product leak from mexico falls into the former, is that unreasonable? Is it really up to you to decide what everyone else should be okay with?

Could have even posted it in this thread, but as a link and not an embed.

"Spoiler culture"? Just weird.

No plot spoilers were posted. If seeing a picture of C-3PO who for all intents and purposes looks identical to how he did before except he has a recolored arm is a spoiler to you... then you might not want to look at some of the earlier photos in this thread. Or the avatars of certain regular posters even for that matter.

Only plot spoilers count as spoilers now because you decided for everyone?

As you say it's inevitable we'd all see the merchandise at some point. Plot spoilers have no place in this thread though.

Yeah it's really not as big a deal as I'm making it seem, it's more the principle of the thing, just embedding mild spoilers from an early product leak because that user has decided for everyone else. I guess I just have to go StarWarsGAF-blackout and unsubscribe.

I'll get my movie discussion fix on reddit where theyre more committed to separation of spoilers and non spoilers.

ghostmind

I just think itd be nice if the spoiler thread was used for spoilers and leaked pictures and the non-spoiler thread was used for officially released media. Some early product leak from mexico falls into the former, is that unreasonable? Is it really up to you to decide what everyone else should be okay with?

Only plot spoilers count as spoilers now because you say so?

The problem is, come September, everything is going to blur together, with the amount of spoiler-laden product that is going to be released. You aren't going to be able to avoid things like C-3PO's red arm, unless you take a sabbatical from the internet until December.

I never said what people should or shouldn't be OK with. I merely said it's getting out of control if we're upset about a red armed C-3PO. Just my opinion, much like yours telling people that's it's a spoiler. Though it seems to be a weird fight to start over a picture of C-3PO.

Who are you to decide what a spoiler is anyway? If it's an official product that's been released, surely that's no different to officially released media.

The problem is, come September, everything is going to blur together, with the amount of spoiler-laden product that is going to be released. You aren't going to be able to avoid things like C-3PO's red arm, unless you take a sabbatical from the internet until December.

Spot on. We know Disney are going to put this movie on everything possible. I can't wait to see the merch in September.

Like I said, you can't avoid merchandise that will be around leading up to the film. A slight change in a character's appearance that appears on official merchandise definitely isn't plot spoilers. You'd have to avoid the internet and shopping in certain shops if that was the case. It's a bit different to posting a shot from the film or even leaked concept art.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Five hours left.

EDIT: goddamn, wrong thread, apologies all.

MattyG

Banned
Just picked up all the issues of the comics I've missed (forgot to get SW #5 though, gotta go back and get that). Can't wait to get to reading them again, I've heard the last few issues had some cool surprises.

Five hours left.

Looooool

Just picked up all the issues of the comics I've missed (forgot to get SW #5 though, gotta go back and get that). Can't wait to get to reading them again, I've heard the last few issues had some cool surprises.

Looooool

Yeah, I think the comics have been great overall. Star Wars has got better with every issue and Vader's a lot of fun as well.

Five hours left.

Do you know something we don't? :p

curb

Banned
I'm reading all four at the moment. Both a New Dawn and the Kanan comic have given some good background on the character.

I really like how they've been fleshing out a lot of new characters stuff among different media. I know a lot of people were hurt but the culling of the EU content but I personally like this new direction all the new media is taking. Now we just need Force Awakens to be great...

Tapejara

I'm sure you've all heard the news but RIP to the legendary Christopher Lee.

Very unfortunate. I only knew him as Count Dooku, but I liked his performance.

Yep, bound to be.

EW are revealing some Force Awakens merchandise today. Could be a better look at some of the Black Series figures.

Looks like EA just revealed the Battlefront deluxe edition box art.

I like it a lot.

It's really nice. Makes me want to upgrade lol.

EW Force Awakens toy preview:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/11/check-out-first-toys-star-wars-force-awakens

Hasbro Black FO Trooper, LEGO constraction FO Trooper, and Hot Wheels FO Trooper car.

Wow, that packaging's fantastic. Confirmed as the SDCC exclusive as well.

So good. Have they announced what's actually included in the deluxe edition?

This lot apparently:

-Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
-Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
-The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents’ vehicles.
-Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
-Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

Not sure it's worth it but the box art's undeniably great.

This lot apparently:

-Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
-Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
-The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents’ vehicles.
-Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
-Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

Not sure it's worth it but the box art's undeniably great.

Sooo. Just a bunch of in-game stuff? Depending on how effective this stuff is, doesn't that go some way toward making it pay-to-win?

Sooo. Just a bunch of in-game stuff? Depending on how effective this stuff is, doesn't that go some way toward making it pay-to-win?

I expect it'll be available to everyone eventually but I doubt they'd give you much of an advantage. There's bound to be a good selection of weapons/abilities in the base game.

Thriller

Yep, bound to be.

EW are revealing some Force Awakens merchandise today. Could be a better look at some of the Black Series figures.

Looks like EA just revealed the Battlefront deluxe edition box art.

I like it a lot.

So, I don't quite understand :( is this game like battlefield 4 but with star wars?

So, I don't quite understand :( is this game like battlefield 4 but with star wars?

The original Star Wars Battlefront was heavily inspired by Battlefield 1942 and the new one will be inspired by Battlefield as well I expect, especially seeing it's being developed by DICE. The first two games were based around capturing command posts, similarly to Battlefield's conquest mode. But there are other modes like TDM etc. As with the first two Battlefront games, you can play in either first person or third person.

Thriller

The original Star Wars Battlefront was heavily inspired by Battlefield 1942 and the new one will be inspired by Battlefield as well I expect, especially seeing it's being developed by DICE. The first two games were based around capturing command posts, similarly to Battlefield's conquest mode. But there are other modes like TDM etc. As with the first two Battlefront games, you can play in either first person or third person.

That's well awesome, if the reviews are any good I might take a look at this!

MattyG

Banned
Star Wars #5 and #6 were soooo good. Is #6 the end of the current arc or something? I'm assuming Skywalker Strikes is the name of the first arc, and we're starting a new one now.

JDHarbs

Star Wars #5 and #6 were soooo good. Is #6 the end of the current arc or something? I'm assuming Skywalker Strikes is the name of the first arc, and we're starting a new one now.
I think the next is going to be
a flashback to Obi-Wan between III and IV

The Mace Windu vs. Emperor fight scene in episode 3 is so bad. I'm talking laughably bad.

Clone Wars drove me to watch that scene again. Ugh.

ghostmind

In SWCT news, it looks like the app is going to be releasing Base Series 2 soon, as they did a preview of sorts today with a new 5 card Teal variant, of which all the cards (Dianoga, Fixer Loneozner, Ewoks, Hoth Leia, Sarlacc, plus the Rancor award card) are all new.

Base cards are the easiest to acquire in the app, yet I find they have the best imagery and info, so I'm looking forward to the entire Series 2 to be released.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well... this happened

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/8795149/star-wars-wars-mashup-still-frames

In SWCT news, it looks like the app is going to be releasing Base Series 2 soon, as they did a preview of sorts today with a new 5 card Teal variant, of which all the cards (Dianoga, Fixer Loneozner, Ewoks, Hoth Leia, Sarlacc, plus the Rancor award card) are all new.

Base cards are the easiest to acquire in the app, yet I find they have the best imagery and info, so I'm looking forward to the entire Series 2 to be released.

Finally... what I have been waiting for. More base cards. These are the most interesting thing about the app to me. The chase cards have nothing on the back of interest most of the time.

I hope they do a force awakens base set too later this year.

Some of the case cards look so amateurly designed that if they were actual paper cards you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Some look good though :p

ghostmind

Well... this happened

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/8795149/star-wars-wars-mashup-still-frames

Finally... what I have been waiting for. More base cards. These are the most interesting thing about the app to me. The chase cards have nothing on the back of interest most of the time.

I hope they do a force awakens base set too later this year.

Some of the case cards look so amateurly designed that if they were actual paper cards you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Some look good though :p

Steve (the producer for SWCT) has hinted that we will see Force Awakens cards starting on "Force Friday" aka September 4th, aka "kiss your wallet goodbye" day.

Rootbeer

Banned
Star Wars cereal found at Target. They only had 6 boxes, but it looks like they sold a lot before I got to them. Bought both variants.

It's a small thing, but had to try it. Too many memories of being a kid and eating stuff like this. Should have seen my nephews face when he was served a bowl out of a Star Wars box today.

Rootbeer

Banned
Another loss for the UK. No Star Wars cereal. AND no posters with my Cheerios. What is wrong with the world?

Do you guys have the other Disney cereals or promotions in cereals or other foods? We have a Frozen cereal for one. And tons of Marvel stuff on the front of boxes on known brands.

Maybe closer to the film release stuff will start happening.

Do you guys have the other Disney cereals or promotions in cereals or other foods? We have a Frozen cereal for one. And tons of Marvel stuff on the front of boxes on known brands.

Maybe closer to the film release stuff will start happening.

I don't think so. I haven't seen any anyway.

Top Bottom