• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rebels, New Animated Series coming Fall 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dommo

Inquisitor is not a sith, just like Ventress who wasn't either. The idea of Imperial Inquisitors has been around in the EU for a long time.

They needed to create a villain for the show, they couldn't use Vader. The show is not an anthology galaxy spanning series like the clone wars, its focused on a more linear storyline with recurring cast and characters. They can't have Darth Vader chasing the cast each week and failing like some episode of Dukes of Hazard. So they had to create a new villain to be the shows menace. Its an Empire of millions of world's , Vader can't be in a single place chasing the same cast for multiple years of a TV show

What Jedi are you talking about? Nothing in the books, comics, or video games is canon. This would be the first canon Jedi between trilogies.

I don't follow what is or what isn't canon. The only thing that I really consider canon are the films and then anything else on the side is just good content or bad content.

Nonetheless, regardless of what is or what isn't canon or how many official Jedi/Sith have been slipped into the universe, surely there's Jedi/lightsaber fatigue across the board. Just because you can't have Darth Vader as the villain doesn't mean you have to have a replacement, lightsaber-wielding bald dude with red eyes. Just make it a small-scale, personal struggle. Make the main antagonist a bounty hunter, working for the Empire or otherwise. Isn't that already more interesting than seeing the same setup again?

Having the protagonist a Jedi who doesn't want to reveal his Jedi powers out of risk of revealing himself to the Empire is an interesting idea though. I'll give it that.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I actually enjoyed the animated Star Wars thing cartoon network had a while back.
I have never seen the Clone Wars series.

Question. When does the Clone wars series take place? The cartoons already took place between episodes 2-3.

Basically, the Clone Wars series completely supercedes the Genndy Tartatovsky series. To the point where Tartakovsky's series was allowed to go out of print and basically never existed

(although the whole thing is up in HD on YouTube. Lucasfilm knows, they just don't seem to give a shit, since they apparently have no plans on ever re-selling it or referring to it again)

So the computer animated Clone Wars is THE Clone Wars, and the other one you remember "doesn't count."

boiled goose

good with gravy
Basically, the Clone Wars series completely supercedes the Genndy Tartatovsky series. To the point where Tartakovsky's series was allowed to go out of print and basically never existed

(although the whole thing is up in HD on YouTube. Lucasfilm knows, they just don't seem to give a shit, since they apparently have no plans on ever re-selling it or referring to it again)

So the computer animated Clone Wars is basically THE Clone Wars, and the other one you remember "doesn't count."

wow really? sucks, I actually enjoyed it. Thought it was a good link between the films.

Inquisitor is not a sith, just like Ventress who wasn't either. The idea of Imperial Inquisitors has been around in the EU for a long time.

Tomaydo Tomahhdo. Sith, Dark Jedi, Inquisitor, etc. its the same thing basically. The problem still remains that they are cramming way too many jedis/force users into the OT universe. In the movies and EU it was made pretty damn clear that the Empire successfully wiped them all out to the point that most of the galaxy forgot about them and thinks they were just a silly old rumor yet now we have Siths running around with lightsabres and a pirate jedi flying around the galaxy and I get the feeling this is just the beginning. I mean the show is called Rebels you would think it would follow the Rebellion Forces in their struggles against the Empire not more Jedi super hero nonsense from the prequel trilogy.

Also I'm pretty well versed in the EU and have never heard of Imperial Inquisitors before

They needed to create a villain for the show, they couldn't use Vader. The show is not an anthology galaxy spanning series like the clone wars, its focused on a more linear storyline with recurring cast and characters. They can't have Darth Vader chasing the cast each week and failing like some episode of Dukes of Hazard. So they had to create a new villain to be the shows menace. Its an Empire of millions of world's , Vader can't be in a single place chasing the same cast for multiple years of a TV show

and they couldn't use a Moff or Tarkin or somebody? give me a break. Marvel had a long ass running series of SW comics in the 70s and 80s that didn't involve new sith warriors chasing characters and rehashing the movies.

What Jedi are you talking about? Nothing in the books, comics, or video games is canon. This would be the first canon Jedi between trilogies.

Uh where are you getting this idea that the books/comics/video games are not canon? Nobody of importance has ever said anything of the sort and in fact there has been evidence of the opposite. Some fan even asked Filoni if Starkiller from Force unleashed would show up and he was like "maybe!".

It's even funnier when you realize its basically the same team that made The Clone Wars which was loaded with EU stuff. They even brought back and tied it in with shit from old Kevin J. Anderson and Barbara Hambly novels lol

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Genndy's Clone Wars was bad ass and so good - like everything else he touches, and for Lucasfilm to ignore / not acknowledge it is a real shame.

and they couldn't use a Moff or Tarkin or somebody? give me a break. Marvel had a long ass running series of SW comics in the 70s and 80s that didn't involve new sith warriors chasing characters and rehashing the movies.

They are using Imperials as villains as well, there is an Imperial captain (not sure on rank) that is also a recurring villain in this series that they have been showing off. And like TCW, no doubt they will keep adding characters. Just because they have lightsaber hero doesn't mean they are rehashing the movies. In the comics and books no one cared when they kept tossing in a Jedi into the mix.

Uh where are you getting this idea that the books/comics/video games are not canon? Nobody of importance has ever said anything of the sort and in fact there has been evidence of the opposite. Some fan even asked Filoni if Starkiller from Force unleashed would show up and he was like "maybe!".

It's even funnier when you realize its basically the same team that made The Clone Wars which was loaded with EU stuff. They even brought back and tied it in with shit from old Kevin J. Anderson and Barbara Hambly novels lol

You seem to have missed all the stuff that's been going on. Pablo Hidalgo who pretty much is in charge of LF continuity for Star Wars went on twitter and specifically stated that TFU is not canon recently. Starkiller may get made or appear in the show or later on somewhere else, but still TFU is not a canon source.

Disney and LF are essentially tossing the entire EU under the bus, they are starting from scratch and anything in the past is essentially fodder and can and likely will be overwritten. The new canon for Disney will be whatever they make and any new EU they create.

The EU will be used as a resource and nothing more, like they did in TCW. While they took ideas from the EU, they also walked all over it and completely contradicted many things. With the movies and tv series, they will do whatever they want. This all was a big hoobaloo recently when it was announced by the folks at LF.

So the computer animated Clone Wars is THE Clone Wars, and the other one you remember "doesn't count."

At the same time, nothing in the Clone Wars micro series contradicts anything in the CG Clone Wars series. They tell different stories with unspecified timelines of events or crossover.

New interview with Greg Weisman over at IGN:

Describing the approach to Rebels and the widespread potential audience, Weisman said, “We're all very dedicated, and we know this show is going to be canon, so we take that responsibility very seriously. We know that on the one hand there's an audience who's going to be watching this that knows everything there is to know about Lucasfilm canon and knows beyond that tons of stuff from the Expanded Universe, which may or may not turn out to be canon once Lucasfilm decides what is official and what's not. So we want the show to work for that group, the most extreme fanboys out there. At the same time, we also have the responsibility that for a certain generation of kids, this is going to be their first exposure to Star Wars. By the time this comes out next fall, their kids were young enough that they won't have seen Clone Wars. Forget the movies, they won't have seen Clone Wars! So this will be the first Star Wars thing they're seeing, and we take that responsibility very seriously as well.”

Unlike The Clone Wars, which moved around the galaxy a lot and also would switch focus between a lot of different character groupings, Rebels is taking a different approach. Explained Weisman, “We have a character who's our focus character, and then five other characters that make up this group of six rebels. Even within the first season, that cast expands, and there are more people, but the focus is still on this small group of rebels who are basically gadflies from the standpoint of the Empire they're fighting. The amount of damage that six individuals can do is probably pretty limited. But as they begin to build alliances and find allies and expand, the show gets bigger and bigger in scope. Again, that's true even in the first season, but even the first season is just the beginning. It's not like by the end of the first season the Rebel Alliance exists. I'd call that a spoiler, except I think it should be obvious. It's not like we get to the end of the first season and suddenly there's the Rebel Alliance. It's going to take us awhile to build that organization that was able to destroy the Death Star in cooperation and go to Hoth and all that stuff. So we've got a ways to go, for sure, but our show's still going to focus on these six core characters I would think throughout the whole thing, even as the scope increases in size, which it will, gradually."

You seem to have missed all the stuff that's been going on. Pablo Hidalgo who pretty much is in charge of LF continuity for Star Wars went on twitter and specifically stated that TFU is not canon recently. Starkiller may get made or appear in the show or later on somewhere else, but still TFU is not a canon source.

Disney and LF are essentially tossing the entire EU under the bus, they are starting from scratch and anything in the past is essentially fodder and can and likely will be overwritten. The new canon for Disney will be whatever they make and any new EU they create.

The EU will be used as a resource and nothing more, like they did in TCW. While they took ideas from the EU, they also walked all over it and completely contradicted many things. With the movies and tv series, they will do whatever they want. This all was a big hoobaloo recently when it was announced by the folks at LF.

For the record i'm thrilled TFU is not canon since that game series was not very good. That being said I don't remember anyone specifically saying the EU stuff is no longer canon. In fact I have heard the opposite from Disney, Bob Iger has specifically mentioned on numerous occasions that the Star Wars universe has thousands of characters across movies, games, comics, novels that are ripe for exploitation just like the Marvel Universe and the Rebels team have said they are open to introducing popular EU concepts and characters over time.

Now as for stuff contradicting other stuff of course that is going to happen that's been happening since the beginning of SW with the Holiday special and the 70s Marvel comics. But that doesn't mean that suddenly Shadows of the Empire, The courtship of Princess Leia, the Thrawn trilogy or the Rogue Squadron novels are suddenly not canon. It would really be pointless to get rid of most of that stuff anyway since so little happens in those stories that affects the overall status quo and takes place prior to Episode VII. The only stuff that is really at risk of getting deleted is the garbage Lucas allowed to be shitted out over the past decade like the Del Rey novels, the force unleashed games, etc. but would anyone really care?

EDIT: Even the interview with Wiseman that was posted above he clearly says LFL is still deciding what parts of canon to include and what not to. That's been going on for 30 years now and doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.

For the record i'm thrilled TFU is not canon since that game series was not very good. That being said I don't remember anyone specifically saying the EU stuff is no longer canon. In fact I have heard the opposite from Disney, Bob Iger has specifically mentioned on numerous occasions that the Star Wars universe has thousands of characters across movies, games, comics, novels that are ripe for exploitation just like the Marvel Universe and the Rebels team have said they are open to introducing popular EU concepts and characters over time.

Now as for stuff contradicting other stuff of course that is going to happen that's been happening since the beginning of SW with the Holiday special and the 70s Marvel comics. But that doesn't mean that suddenly Shadows of the Empire, The courtship of Princess Leia, the Thrawn trilogy or the Rogue Squadron novels are suddenly not canon. It would really be pointless to get rid of most of that stuff anyway since so little happens in those stories that affects the overall status quo and takes place prior to Episode VII. The only stuff that is really at risk of getting deleted is the garbage Lucas allowed to be shitted out over the past decade like the Del Rey novels, the force unleashed games, etc. but would anyone really care?

EDIT: Even the interview with Wiseman that was posted above he clearly says LFL is still deciding what parts of canon to include and what not to. That's been going on for 30 years now and doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.

As soon as Episode 7 crawl starts, the words are likely going to erase 20+ years of Star Wars comics and books.

As they stated, they have a ton of source material to use, because they own it now, but it has no relevance to actual story canon. As with TCW, they picked and chose to take stuff out of the EU and do with it as they pleased. They took Ventress backstory and copied it, and added to it while crapping all over the Dathomir background, as well as essentially erasing a ton of Clone Wars comic books in the process since they steam rolled the later content.

We will see they liberally take what they will and create their own canon, but no one is going to stop and bat an eyelash at walking all over what has come before in some obscure novel or comic that only a fraction of the hardcore Star Wars fanbase has even read.

There willingness to simply say that TFU is not canon so easily, just shows how the rest of the EU is going to be treated.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'll give the show a season before I'll write it off just like the first clone wars

that-is-why-you-fail-Yoda-Quote-Masters-in-Philosopy-650x415.jpg

Kanan's concept art is amazing. The 3D art is pretty bland imho. I like the idea and If the story is good it could be ok. Those little clips of FPJ doing the voice don't exactly give my much hope.

As soon as Episode 7 crawl starts, the words are likely going to erase 20+ years of Star Wars comics and books.

As they stated, they have a ton of source material to use, because they own it now, but it has no relevance to actual story canon. As with TCW, they picked and chose to take stuff out of the EU and do with it as they pleased. They took Ventress backstory and copied it, and added to it while crapping all over the Dathomir background, as well as essentially erasing a ton of Clone Wars comic books in the process since they steam rolled the later content.

We will see they liberally take what they will and create their own canon, but no one is going to stop and bat an eyelash at walking all over what has come before in some obscure novel or comic that only a fraction of the hardcore Star Wars fanbase has even read.

There willingness to simply say that TFU is not canon so easily, just shows how the rest of the EU is going to be treated

TFU is widely regarded as garbage so its no surprise that is the first thing being dumped. Even if everyone at LFL wanted to keep most of the canon intact they would have erased TFU it was that bad. My point was that a lot of the early EU stuff doesn't contradict anything for example I HIGHLY doubt LFL is going to deem Shadows of the Empire, KOTOR era games and comics, Courtship of Princess Leia, the ewok movies, the x-wing/rogue squadron stuff, Corran Horn, etc. noncanon. The only stuff impacted is New Jedi Order and beyond and whatever shit lucas had done to prop up the prequels. I don't even care either way because they can always recreate stories and characters in the new continuity just like Comic companies do. Characters like Thrawn, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn and Rogue Squadron are too popular not to be milked by Disney at some point down the road wether in a new comic/cartoon/book/spinoff movie etc.

As a longtime Disney fan and follower of their business I know they will leave no stone unturned. This is the company that is making movies for super obscure Marvel characters like Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero Six, did everything they could to turn TRON into a megafranchise, and somehow managed to squeeze 5 movies out of Pirates of the Caribbean and 3 movies out of Aladdin. The EU concepts will come into play at some point.

Again, taking things from the EU has nothing to do with canon.

30 years of fanwank books is going to have zero impact on the decisions they make on their TV series and new movies.

TFU is widely regarded as garbage so its no surprise that is the first thing being dumped. Even if everyone at LFL wanted to keep most of the canon intact they would have erased TFU it was that bad. My point was that a lot of the early EU stuff doesn't contradict anything for example I HIGHLY doubt LFL is going to deem Shadows of the Empire, KOTOR era games and comics, Courtship of Princess Leia, the ewok movies, the x-wing/rogue squadron stuff, Corran Horn, etc. noncanon. The only stuff impacted is New Jedi Order and beyond and whatever shit lucas had done to prop up the prequels. I don't even care either way because they can always recreate stories and characters in the new continuity just like Comic companies do. Characters like Thrawn, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn and Rogue Squadron are too popular not to be milked by Disney at some point down the road wether in a new comic/cartoon/book/spinoff movie etc.

As a longtime Disney fan and follower of their business I know they will leave no stone unturned. This is the company that is making movies for super obscure Marvel characters like Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero Six, did everything they could to turn TRON into a megafranchise, and somehow managed to squeeze 5 movies out of Pirates of the Caribbean and 3 movies out of Aladdin. The EU concepts will come into play at some point.

It's pretty obvious that they may reuse or adopt some (or many) ideas from the EU, but that nothing is canon anymore until THEY make it or they say otherwise. Assuming Thrawn as it already exists is canon is silly. They may make new stories with Thrawn concepts, but they will be new stories. Unless they come out and say they are considering the existing Thrawn stuff canon (which they won't, because there is more of a profit in just remaking it if that's the route they decide to go), then it is not official and it is just a source from which they can take ideas.

Basically they aren't going to handcuff themselves for future ideas by pussyfooting around existing EU, and if something is popular enough that they decide they want to include it in the canon, it makes much more business sense to just remake it and put their own spin on it. But you seem to agree on that point.

Pablo Hidalgo said:
Canon is only what's on the screen - Episodes I-VI, TCW and what's to come.

Lucasfilm has been clear on what their "canon" policy is going forward..

Like Pablo has said, some people just don't want to hear it. Going forward, LFL will use the existing EU exactly like George has used it until now - taking the bits and pieces that they like and ignoring the rest.

What's new is the Story Group. Their stated goal is that any future tie-in material (I.E., everything that's not a film or TV show) is going to tie together a lot better than it has in the past. Whether that's true or just PR remains to be seen, but I think they are going to try.

It's pretty obvious that they may reuse or adopt some (or many) ideas from the EU, but that nothing is canon anymore until THEY make it or they say otherwise. Assuming Thrawn as it already exists is canon is silly. They may make new stories with Thrawn concepts, but they will be new stories. Unless they come out and say they are considering the existing Thrawn stuff canon (which they won't, because there is more of a profit in just remaking it if that's the route they decide to go), then it is not official and it is just a source from which they can take ideas.

Basically they aren't going to handcuff themselves for future ideas by pussyfooting around existing EU, and if something is popular enough that they decide they want to include it in the canon, it makes much more business sense to just remake it and put their own spin on it. But you seem to agree on that point.

Yes I know. Disney is basically treating the new Star Wars movies like the Marvel Cinematic Universe cherry picking what they want from the comics (in this case the old stuff and EU) and not strictly adhering to them.

I actually wouldn't mind if Bad Robot and Disney took an even harder approach and just kept the original 3 movies (Star Wars, Empire, Return of the Jedi) as canon and fuck everything else.

Yes I know. Disney is basically treating the new Star Wars movies like the Marvel Cinematic Universe cherry picking what they want from the comics (in this case the old stuff and EU) and not strictly adhering to them.

I actually wouldn't mind if Bad Robot and Disney took an even harder approach and just kept the original 3 movies (Star Wars, Empire, Return of the Jedi) as canon and fuck everything else.

Rebels would have no point then if that's what they did.

Cheebo

Banned

That is impossible. Disney annouced a major deal and new season of Clone Wars for Netflix. A prequel era show with many prequel characters (including *GASP* Jar Jar). Prequels are still very much canon as they always are and will be.

JJ Abrams has even said the prequels have a massive fanbase and must be respected, since it is the Star Wars films many younger fans hold above the originals.

First look at Ezra Bridger:

HBkxIbU.jpg

When we meet Ezra, he has little interest in becoming a revolutionary. The suave teen has been living on his own on the planet Lothal and is just starting to learn how to use his mysterious new powers. "To survive, instinctively every now and then when he's in a jam he uses the Force," exec producer Dave Filoni says in the exclusive preview video below. "He doesn't call it that. He doesn't know that's what he's doing. He thinks he's got some abilities that are a little strange every now and then, but they help him out. It's instinctive, it's reactionary."

As Darth Vader and Co. begin to expand their grip on the Outer Rim, Ezra will be drawn into the burgeoning rebel alliance. "With Ezra we see how a kid is reacting to this imperial rule," Filoni tells TV Guide Magazine. "That becomes a big question: What is imperial rule like? We've seen it in the movies with a big rebellion that ends up blowing up the Death Star, but do we just assume that when the Empire took over in Revenge of the Sith it was seen as a bad thing? I would challenge that. It wasn't this terrible thing that came in and was cruel to everyone all at once. It was slow to build its power base and spread out, and then we get to see the rebel alliance it affects, and the repercussions of that tyranny."

Ezra is played by Taylor Gray, who starred in the Nickelodeon series Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures. "I'm excited to voice the role of Ezra in Star Wars Rebels but I'm even more excited to be a part of the Star Wars legacy," Gray says. "I can't wait for fans new and existing to come together and see the next chapter in the most legendary tale known in the galaxy."

TV Guide - video at the link

JJ Abrams has even said the prequels have a massive fanbase and must be respected, since it is the Star Wars films many younger fans hold above the originals.

JJ is only saying that to let prequel lovers down easy. Mark my words the prequel trilogy will be the first thing Disney shits all over once they get started. Those films and their surrounding canon will be treated with the same level of respect that Lucas himself gave to the original trilogy in the late 90s/00s (meaning none).

First look at Ezra Bridger:

HBkxIbU.jpg

TV Guide - video at the link

Another Force User? FUCK

Ezra seems pretty cool. I'm cautiously optimistic about this show. I thought Clone Wars looked really bad at first and loved it.

as long as the people involved LOVE Star Wars I think we will be ok.

Mariolee

Ezra is Luke Skywalker.
The Ghost is the Millenium Falcon.
Kanan is Han Solo.

You don't have to be an hyperspace scientist to know they're basically trying to remake the characters from the original trilogy, and play that out as a TV series.

I'm TOTALLY fine with this.

JJ is only saying that to let prequel lovers down easy. Mark my words the prequel trilogy will be the first thing Disney shits all over once they get started. Those films and their surrounding canon will be treated with the same level of respect that Lucas himself gave to the original trilogy in the late 90s/00s (meaning none).

You're delusional.

Ezra is Luke Skywalker.
The Ghost is the Millenium Falcon.
Kanan is Han Solo.

You don't have to be an hyperspace scientist to know they're basically trying to remake the characters from the original trilogy, and play that out as a TV series.

I'm TOTALLY fine with this.

Theres also an alien on the crew they haven't revealed yet, but it's obviously based on the original concept design of Chewbaca. And a Twilek female who is related to a character from TCW. These were spoiled by the Lego toys.

Most Star Wars fans love the Clone Wars. Most little kids know it as Star Wars, not the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy. The know the Clone Wars Cartoon. Disney acquired Star Wars because they saw it as a wise financial investment. Shitting on the prequel era is unwise for Disney.

And Star Wars Rebels will have ties to Clone Wars, so they are already respecting that era as canon. And this is the first thing Disney is producing after the acquisition, so you are factually wrong in your assertion.

Most Star Wars fans love the Clone Wars. Most little kids know it as Star Wars, not the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy. The know the Clone Wars Cartoon. Disney acquired Star Wars because they saw it as a wise financial investment. Shitting on the prequel era is unwise for Disney.

And Star Wars Rebels will have ties to Clone Wars, so they are already respecting that era as canon. And this is the first thing Disney is producing after the acquisition, so you are factually wrong in your assertion.

I will bet money that none of the movies have any ties to the prequels

I will bet money that none of the movies have any ties to the prequels

I think it's something they won't have to address much. What would they really bring up? Most original characters from that era are dead. And most characters or events (R2-D2, C-3PO, Boba Fett, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Clone Wars) they would use or mention originated in the OT. I could see Qui-Gon being mentioned if Luke is teaching the Jedi how become one with the force, but there is no way we would see him. And if Luke is still seeing the Ghosts of Obi-wan, Yoda, and Anakin, there is the potential for McGregor and Christensen to return (I imagine Yoda would be a puppet again), but I get the feeling we won't see any of them.

I guess there is a chance for some prequel-era Jedi to have survived, but it wouldn't be any characters from those films.

Thats cool that Alternative Universe chewbacca is canon now

edit: UGH the Tie-Advanced was a custom made craft for Darth Vader using the latest and greatest technology. Now there changing it to they were made 30 years prior for various siths to use. I don't care about canon but why change something that made logical sense.

JJ isn't in charge of Star Wars AFAIK. He is a director for hire. Disney with the stewardship of Kathleen Kennedy is in charge. Lucas is likely to be involved on the outer fringe as well. The Prequels and Clone Wars made tons of money for the franchise from BO to licensing. They will last forever. It would be too confusing to Canon to change the details of them. Star Wars as it stands is unlikely to ever get a reboot.

I've been watching a good deal of Clone Wars and some arcs are some of the best Star Wars ever made.

A few more characters and vehicles revealed/confirmed in toy form at today's NY Toy Fair:

Agent Kallus

Zeb

Rebels R2-D2 and C-3PO

Inquisitor's TIE Advanced

AT-DP

Close up of box art with a female in Mandalorian armor on the Rebels' side
Are they introducing a six inch line or is that 3.75 BS they use?

JJ isn't in charge of Star Wars AFAIK. He is a director for hire.

Nah. JJ's basically in charge now. And will continue to be for quite awhile.

Granted, he's made sure to pull together producers/writers around him to help keep the thing under control, and Kathleen Kennedy still ultimately makes the whole thing go - but it's JJ's show now. He's effectively pointing the way forward with the next three movies, and everything else has to fit in with that.

Lucas is pretty much out.

edit: UGH the Tie-Advanced was a custom made craft for Darth Vader using the latest and greatest technology. Now there changing it to they were made 30 years prior for various siths to use. I don't care about canon but why change something that made logical sense.

Yea that concept was long tossed out in the video games and EU with the Tie Advanced being a series designed for ACE pilots or imperials of great importance. Vader's was a special custom variant, just like this Inquisitor's looks to be another custom job as well.

We have a name: Sabine. Quite similar to Satine, so I guess she's a real Mandalorian and not just wearing the armor.

Neat and shes got Westar blasters just like from TCW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom